Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions

zizorzizor Member Posts: 27

I'm looking into this game.  Coming from WoW I don't think I'm a very good grinder.  It to me 25 days to hit 60.  Taking into account 250+ in all the skills and battlegrounds.  That being said I'm not sure if this would be the game for me.  Here's a few questions.

1)  WHat level should i stop solo'ing and get a group?

2)  What class should i be?  Since most players are pretty high level and there won't be alot of groups, which class should i play to always get in a group?

3)  Does anyone have a world pass they could give me to let me play on your server or LS?

4) What levels can players start getting groups for those outdoor party/raid dragons/bosses? 

5)  While I'm leveling with a group, will we be grinding rabbits for hours on end?  Or can I also get groups for certain areas with bosses and elite types kind of like WoW(not instances)?

thanks

Comments

• FongsaiyukFongsaiyuk Member Posts: 16

Hi there Zizor,

In theory most players start to join parties after level 10, although that doesn't really mean you have to, you can actually do a couple more levels 3-4 by yourself and sometimes that may be a quicker route than patying because of constant, needless deaths.

Well, you pick the jobs you most want to play, because in the end run your playing. Most commons wanted is White Mage, Red Mage, Ninja, Bard I believe. And since you can't take Bard or Ninja at first the other 2 may be the better choices. Jobs like: Warriors, Black Mages are sometimes popular also.

I can give you a worldpass to join the Bahamut Server if you wish, but I can't give you a LS invite because their rule is 65+

There are things called: BCNM (Burning Circle Notorious Monsters) You basically collect things called: Beastmen seals and Kindread seals throughout the game. After you get a certain amount and your a certain level you can trade them for orbs, to fight in a special condition battleground for prizes. Like level 20, trade 20 Beastmen seals then you can fight a level 20 BCNM. If you want to fight bosses, like Notorious Monsters there a few low level oens, like you can do by yourself or you can camp harder notorious monsters with parties at a much higher levels. You can also fight some bosses (notorious monsters) for some missions at the beginining, which will also introduce you to BCNM.

Hmm most likey you will be having to fight Lizards and such on end. Atleast tll the higher levels for occasion Notorious Monster pops then your party can fight them, but usually experience points party or camping something with a party.

Hope this helps and goodluck!

Fongsaiyuk
    75 Beastmaster 70 Warrior
    Energy Linkshell
    Bahamut Server

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Since you would be new,solo to 14 then head to valkurm dunes.You need to go there to get your sub-job items,unless you can beg a high level player to get them for you.

The player base is so diluted now ,that your best choice would be a blackmage or a whitemage.These 2 classes will give you guarantee invites,this is a good thing because partying in FFXI is the worse timesink i have ever seen.A tarutaru is the best for these classes being that you get the most MP this route.However if you wish to branch out later ,a human might be a better choice.Other races are more specialized but not really suited for whm or blm.Trust me on this,as a whm or blm you will be begged to play throughout the game.Choosing anything else will leave you many many hours of downtime doing nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FongsaiyukFongsaiyuk Member Posts: 16

Saying that, it's not always true.

At some levels there are sometimes like 4 or 5 white mages seeking at the same time. Being a blackmage... well I wouldn't say they're as popular. I say White Mage or Red Mage. Black Mage give or take, I don't really need them in my party. But you DO need a White Mage or Red Mage. Or you can manage with Summoner for healer. But a Bard out does Red Mage by far, since they boost the party up alot so you can get experience points faster.