Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for good multi player FPS

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Looking for an active and fun multiplayer FPS style game to scratch my FPS itch.  I haven't had a good FPS game since COD2 & Tribes.  I know it's not really an MMORPG, but hoping some of our peeps here could point me toward what is fun and active atm?

Would be nice if it was free, but doesn't need to be.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Borderlands 1 or 2

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• c-motc-mot Member UncommonPosts: 51

you might take a look at firefall. its a fps-style mmorpg and really free to play (best f2p system i encountered in an mmorpg). you can download it from steam.

its a lot of fun. there will be a major update later on this year probably.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Unless you buy one of the typical retail shooters (CoD, BF, Borderlands, etc) you will just be plagued with a bunch of F2P cash shop driven low quality grinders.

I would say go for Farcry 4 or Crysis 3 if you want to break from the CoD/BF norm.

I dont recommend any F2P shooters because they all prioritize the cash shop so heavily that gameplay gets compromised, whether is purchasing every weapon for a high price or grinding your soul just to get enough currency to buy a limited time weapon/gear.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    If you like Counter Strike, try CS:GO.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by Daikuru
    If you like Counter Strike, try CS:GO.

I actually despise CS:GO with a passion lol.  Something about the way the aiming works in that game really bothers me.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Unless you buy one of the typical retail shooters (CoD, BF, Borderlands, etc) you will just be plagued with a bunch of F2P cash shop driven low quality grinders.

I would say go for Farcry 4 or Crysis 3 if you want to break from the CoD/BF norm.

I dont recommend any F2P shooters because they all prioritize the cash shop so heavily that gameplay gets compromised, whether is purchasing every weapon for a high price or grinding your soul just to get enough currency to buy a limited time weapon/gear.

I have farcry 3, but the MP portion seems pretty inactive, I might look into 4.  Both of the CoD & BF newer games are far too twitchy for my taste.  I liked the older CoD serries.  MW1, and CoD2 etc...

I tried out APB, and like you said there was a massive imbalance between those with cash shop weapons and those without.

Originally posted by c-mot

you might take a look at firefall. its a fps-style mmorpg and really free to play (best f2p system i encountered in an mmorpg). you can download it from steam.

its a lot of fun. there will be a major update later on this year probably.

Have never tried out firefall, might have to check it out.  I've heard it's very similar in style of play to Defiance.  (missions, events, etc)

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    If it can be an MMOFPS PlanetSide 2 is really fun. The role switching and leveling them up separately lets you play for a while if you like it.
  • BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

Check out the new Unreal Tournament: https://www.unrealtournament.com/

CS:GO sucks when you compare it to cs or css since it feels like you have a bag of bricks hanging on your mouse. This is imo because it was made to be ported to the consoles. And shooters shouldn't be played on Consoles.

• veloci8080veloci8080 Member Posts: 1
    Try Warface. It is free to play with better graphics than global ofensive.
  • ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Firefall. Game is awesome.
  • ricsi046ricsi046 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    what if i want a shooter which is simple like cod2,doesnt require beast machine for nice fps and i dont have to spend 50€ on it?
  • HurshersHurshers Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by ricsi046
    what if i want a shooter which is simple like cod2,doesnt require beast machine for nice fps and i dont have to spend 50€ on it?

It's a shame you don't like counter-strike, fits that perfect. The aiming is based off of consistent recoil of each weapon; it's where a lot of the skill comes into play.

I agree, bullets not going where the crosshair is placed is jarring at first, but when you get used to the recoil system it's a very satisfying challenge. You need to compensate by aiming against the recoil.