Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Five Games to Watch in the Second Half of 2015

Comments

• PappabeardkPappabeardk Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'll take things that are obvious for $400 Alex
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by cameltosis

Total War: Warhammer

indeed!!!!

indeed to your indeed!!!!!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Fallout 4 is a no brainer but the one that really caught my eye was Persona 5. I got a serious case of the 70's watching that trailer. Made me feel like a teenager again. Damn there were some cheesy soundtracks back then...
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Tokken
    Falllout 4 and............. Blade and Soul for me.  Not impressed with Persona (WTF?)

Yeah Blade and Soul is at the top of my list for MMORPGs anyway.

I remember playing Persona 1 and 2 in the 90s (or maybe early 2000s) but don't see much connection between those games and the trailer for Persona 5.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    sux this site started including non-mmo's.....

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by time007
    sux this site started including non-mmo's.....

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Sooner or later a new big budget MMO will come along and the hype train will start up again and unrealistic expectations will overflow and we'll be back to business as usual.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk
    Fallout 4 is a no brainer but the one that really caught my eye was Persona 5. I got a serious case of the 70's watching that trailer. Made me feel like a teenager again. Damn there were some cheesy soundtracks back then...

I've never played a Persona game but that trailer was a masterpiece.  Might have to see what the games are really about.

Also looking forward to Fallout 4 and maybe Sword Coast Legends.  I like the sounds of the new GW2 professions but... I just don't know...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Games I am looking forward to.

Halo 5 Guardians

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

Fable Legends

Until Dawn

Rime

Forza Motorsport 6

Blade and Soul

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Fallout 4 I am going to love.

As for Persona 5.

I happened upon a game called persona 3 and, well, it was surprisingly addictive.  It's a mix of relationship building. skill development and time management, which all affect your power in the dungeon crawling aspect of the game.  It's an RPG without leveling up to selecting specific stats, but where your choices on a daily basis effects the game.  I think it's pretty cool.  If you haven't, you should give at least persona 3 or 4 a try.  So yeah, I am so going to get persona 5 day 1.  You only level up in dungeons, which effect your ability to merge different personas that have different powers.  It's a really cool take on RPG.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

You forgot to add Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire to your list. Fall Empire will eclipse most of what you have listed, except for Fallout 4. People are zealot for Fallout 4.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    None of the games looks fun :(

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Somebody forgot about - for me currently best game ever - Swtor expansion? It is the only one I really can+t wait to play, have already resubbed as support even if I will wait to few weeks before release (currently enjoying Wow again, then Gw2, ... but my mind constantly wanders to Swtor :-)).
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Only one i was all that interested in was Sword Coast Legends, except its using 5th Edition ruleset, so no interest at all now. Kind of bad how the older games are better than the newer versions really, and at 3rd edition seems like its been a steady downhill progression.
  • MystralzMystralz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    when your own write make junk lists that don't include any highly anticipated games that actually matter in a small list of game that are actually mmos don't even make the list and the 2 decent looking games are unrelated like just another copy and past ign you know shits not looking good for your job choice.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

None of the above. Why is there no mention of ESO's DLC? Loads more content than anything NCSoft/Carbine/Arenanet is doing right now. 

Can we say biased? yes yep we can.

Well the only other one on here that deserves mention is fallout 4 I'll give them that.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Video games are in such a slump right now. I remember having to seriously budget to keep up with all the games I just had to have. Now I buy maybe 5 games a year. =(
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Fallout 4 is the only game on that list that I would think to be close to putting on my watch list. Wildstar I have already played and making it so-called "free" won't make me ever wish to try it again. GW2, no interest there for me. Legends, maybe. That is all.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• PhertiasPhertias Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Meh, people claiming Wildstar is not fun have obviously not tried it. Its a shame that the arrogance of people and the sky high expectations ruined it. People being people ruining awesome games is the drill right now, not the devs. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991

Herald of a new age?

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

It’s based in The Forgotten Realms campaign setting and structured on the 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons ruleset, 

Am I the only person on the planet that wishes it used the 2nd edition ruleset ???

I miss THACO !!! 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    What is it with gamers and the D&D ruleset?  Seriously it was designed for BOARD games, not computer games, hence any computer game that uses it is lame!
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    What is it with gamers and the D&D ruleset?  Seriously it was designed for BOARD games, not computer games, hence any computer game that uses it is lame!

It is designed for a role playing game ... not a board game.

It is adapted to video games and has been for decades with great success. I am not sure why they are considered "lame" by you. Nearly every single mmo and rpg  video game ever made copied their progression system from D&D. The new D&D 5e system was developed around several gaming platforms which was the core strategic planning around Sword Coast Legends. And yes, they even made a board game along side of the rpg and video game.

There are even software client's developed to host D&D games entirely over the internet without the need for paper and dice.

Mmos die out. RPGs and D&D/OGL live forever.

You stay sassy!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Why do they let people with no clue about mmorpg's post these things?

Half aren't even MMO's, Wildstar is just a F2P conversion, nothing new or anything to watch and GW2 is an expansion, again, nothing I would consider watch-worthy.

Purile list written by someone who knows nothing about the MMORPG scene.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ichigo62ichigo62 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by cameltosis

Total War: Warhammer

indeed!!!!

indeed to your indeed!!!!!

indeed to your indeed for indeed-ing the previous indeed