Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge is...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Great "filler up" game that costs no $, but nothing more. I don't know why anyone would release a WOW clone in 2015, but any game that revolves around go fetch that quest with trinity (tank, healer, dps) and 10 man raids as endgame...you've all witnessed how those MMORPG's end up.

This game will be short lived because players will consume the content, combined with the fact it's pay to advance faster as well as the fact you will depend on other, specific roles with specific gear to do the 10 man raids (which may not be available when you will want to enjoy the game) is why this game is just a great, short lived experience that will be quickly forgotten year from now.

I wish I'm wrong though, but I have yet to see a single theme park with trinity system that revolves around raids at endgame to grow in numbers and popularity since its initial release.

Comments

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    It would be great if people did not create topics for games they have not played.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Yeah game is nothing like wow. Combat is like semi tab target, but still action oriented. Zones and questing is nothing like any other mmo i've played which I thought was cool. Only thing I didn't like was the caps on exp and such.
  • kyse2kyse2 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    healer? wtf this game has no healer so what r u talking about :P
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by kyse2

"supporter" role, still a trinity.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Kopogero

You lost all cred when you called it a WoW clone lol. So its one of two things, you have no clue what it means to call a game a WoW clone or you have not played Skyforge in any depth. My guess you didnt get far into the game if you played at all lol. Useless thread, thanks for the laugh. 

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

this game feels like a heavy rock at my shoes.....

Limits, crap 2007 grafix, boring quest system.... at 2400 prestige i aleady have enough of it....

playing other classes takes days and weeks..... 

the huge F2P Hype crowd will move on in a bit ............

• devileyebgdevileyebg Member UncommonPosts: 7

Several aspects are remarkable.You can KS in PvP,you have limited weekly progress,you got heavy unbalanced PvP matching system and last but not least you can stack stats like nerd which makes some classes cutely overpowered.

And it is P2W just ppl didnt got to the point on GvG where prestige aint caped and the guild with most cashers will be the guild with most prestige aka power :)

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Pongping

this game feels like a heavy rock at my shoes.....

Limits, crap 2007 grafix, boring quest system.... at 2400 prestige i aleady have enough of it....

playing other classes takes days and weeks..... 

the huge F2P Hype crowd will move on in a bit ............

I give it a couple of months. Its just not a very good game but its the new shiny right now.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Jeez OP should you not have at least played this game before writing this rubbish ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

There are no healing classes..:P

And the game doesn't really begin until you hit 3k prestige or so.

Everything before that is riding a bike with the training wheels on. At 3k you get to take them off.

The only thing I don't like is the spark cap. That'll be a population killer. People will reach cap in a day or so and be gone for the next 5 or 6 days until cap reset.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    OP obviously meant themepark gameplay, not a direct clone.  In some respects he's right.  The typical themepark gameplay is all there.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    LOL if you think this game is even on the radar for MMO players... you are dead wrong. This is a piece of garbage, and the only reason it has even 200 people playing it is because this site blatantly advertises games for money. This is not a wow clone.. its a craptastic asian clone reskinned piece of trash. Any more than 5 minutes in or a quick glimpse at the character models and intro video would tell you this. 
  • RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Even if the 3d role was "the guy that cleans the pool and delivers the milk" it would still be a trinity to you. Seems you have already made up your mind on the matter so there's no point arguing. Combine that with the fact that you label Skyforge as a direct 'WoW' clone and then general concesus is: 

Nothing to see here ppl, move along.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Frammshamm
    LOL if you think this game is even on the radar for MMO players... you are dead wrong. This is a piece of garbage, and the only reason it has even 200 people playing it is because this site blatantly advertises games for money. This is not a wow clone.. its a craptastic asian clone reskinned piece of trash. Any more than 5 minutes in or a quick glimpse at the character models and intro video would tell you this. 

great job

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Great "filler up" game that costs no $, but nothing more. I don't know why anyone would release a WOW clone in 2015, but any game that revolves around go fetch that quest with trinity (tank, healer, dps) and 10 man raids as endgame...you've all witnessed how those MMORPG's end up.

This game will be short lived because players will consume the content, combined with the fact it's pay to advance faster as well as the fact you will depend on other, specific roles with specific gear to do the 10 man raids (which may not be available when you will want to enjoy the game) is why this game is just a great, short lived experience that will be quickly forgotten year from now.

I wish I'm wrong though, but I have yet to see a single theme park with trinity system that revolves around raids at endgame to grow in numbers and popularity since its initial release.

I am sorry but there is nothing WoW like about SF, its more of a tera/guildwars (original) mix. OR phantasy star

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

You lost all cred when you called it a WoW clone lol. So its one of two things, you have no clue what it means to call a game a WoW clone or you have not played Skyforge in any depth. My guess you didnt get far into the game if you played at all lol. Useless thread, thanks for the laugh. 

In that regard he never disappoints.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

[mod edit]

For what the game tries to do its a great game, obviously not for everyone though.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This thread makes me want to try the game.
  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

Boring as hell.

If you're on this site, you've played this game a thousand times already.

Try playing Little Alchemist on your iphone instead.