Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARK: Survival Evolved: 35 Teams to Compete in 'Hunger Games' Survival Competition

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

On August 1st, 35 ARK: Survival Evolved teams will be thrown into a single arena for a "Hunger Games" last-tribe-standing PvP deathmatch. The winning tribe will take home $20,000 and other prizes. The event will be streamed live via Twitch. Viewers won't be idle either and will be voting on "world-altering sequences" to take place every half hour that can change the face of battle.

In this new mode specifically balanced for tournament competition, contestants begin in a neutral staging area where they can communicate pre-game, strategize, or talk trash. After a count-down, they dramatically descend from the sky onto the ARK in a circular formation via beams of light. There is a cache of valuable items in the center  do survivors dash for the goods and fight it out, do they run into the forest and hide, or do they freeze up from the sheer terror of death? A continually shrinking “ring of death” forces contestants ever closer together over time. The game is on!

Find out more at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    That sounds so much fun
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Wow, that's a very different kind of e-sport from what we're used to. image

Especially the part of the audience getting a say in what's going to be added.

Sounds like a pretty good reason for people to actually tune into streams as it goes beyond just watching some guys play. (Which is the whole reason I generally don't bother with streams. Why watch someone play when you could be playing something yourself? image)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Where are/were the sign ups for this!?!? I play ark and I would love to take part in this lol so cool
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

What's amazing to me is that this game is still in early access and its doing so well there are contests with reward money.  Most finished games cant get enough interest for something like this.

I cant wait to play, but I can wait until its finished.

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    This is cool.  I can see this growing into something much bigger.

Nanulak

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by goboygo

What's amazing to me is that this game is still in early access and its doing so well there are contests with reward money.  Most finished games cant get enough interest for something like this.

I cant wait to play, but I can wait until its finished.

Survival games never leave early access.

• troy223troy223 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    wow im hoping I can change my server to a tournament server get some practise in for the next 1
  • OrochiBebopOrochiBebop Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Wow, that's a very different kind of e-sport from what we're used to. image

Especially the part of the audience getting a say in what's going to be added.

Sounds like a pretty good reason for people to actually tune into streams as it goes beyond just watching some guys play. (Which is the whole reason I generally don't bother with streams. Why watch someone play when you could be playing something yourself? image)

How about watching them play and playing games yourself ? No ?

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    I need this game in my life

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    With $20,000 at stake, how are they going to prevent collusion?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Very clever marketing. Kudos to them.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED