Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a cash shop ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Why is this question so hard to get an answer ?

Is there a Cash shop of any kind ?

Will there be one ?

Cash shops don't belong in mmos......No sense in asking any other questions about the TLS if there is one.  If it has one the game will never take off as popular, and simply be just another game and not grow or amount to anything.

Cash Shops are about greed, period !....Developers will lie and say players ask for them.  Developers gimp the game and say :

" Hay, will offer this for a fee, were the good guys "

So, is there a cash shop ?

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Yes, EQ2 is F2P with optional subscription, so there is a ca$h $hop. Luckily this thing mainly contains cosmetic &house items, mounts and 'speed' potions. Nothing really gamebreaking there.
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    You can try it before asking, its free you know...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm asking strictly because I'm interested in the Time Lock Server, sorry I didn't specify.

However, With asking this question for a few days and with the seemingly lack of interest in this game, I would guess it's unimportant.

I hate what marketing has become in mmo's.  Often it's more about tricking more than spreading the word.  In daybreaks/SOE case, marketing had always been strange or more like cheap.  I'll try and explain :

SOEs seems to keep advertisement in it's own " inner circle ".  In other words, to keep up with there products the player would have to go directly to the web site.  Very little info if any on sits like IGN or Gamespot or pick you favorite.  I would much rather say none at all, but I'm not sure.  If you really dig around the internet you may find other sources tucked deeply away.

The official web sites are drab, old style, uninformative and not user friendly, that would coincide with there old games.  They also tend to explain topic's as if tailored to Veteran SOE fans leaving new potentials scratching their heads trying to figure out what's going on. 

EQNext is to be there next long awaited up and coming game, yet followers are getting restless and irritated with the lack of news.  Advertisement is not a strong point.  Never was, never will.

I say at the beginning, I guess its unimportant......I say this because it's time for me to let go of the hold griping me to SOE, Daybreak, EQ2 and anything to do with the broken Station Pass.....I'll have to let go of this nostalgia. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by delete5230

I'm asking strictly because I'm interested in the Time Lock Server, sorry I didn't specify.

However, With asking this question for a few days and with the seemingly lack of interest in this game, I would guess it's unimportant. 

...think my reply here was pretty quick after you posted it, not to mention, these forums are less and less active for old games like EQ2, so that might also explain a wait you might have experienced...

Regarding the question about a cash shop on the progression servers. I made a quick character there and YES there is one, but it's all 100% cosmetic. No mounts, no claims, no houses and that kind of stuff. This would imply that whatever you accomplish on the progression servers indeed is an accomplishment.

Also worth to note that the 2 new races (from cash shop) are available if you've purchased them (already had the Freeblood myself and I think I'll grab the dragonian one for this server), and the newer classes are not there (damn, I miss BeastLord already)

With that created char I think I'll play on these servers for sure. Finally a 'new game' where cash shop doesn't really matter on the game. Not sure if I'll be playing on the PvP or PvE server though. Becoming old and playing from Europe does give me a disadvantage in PvP...

• BucketloaderBucketloader Member Posts: 2

Time locked server Faq

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/time-locked-expansion-server-faq.561955/

Market place is highly restricted (cash shop)

Far as I know you must have a sub to play on the TLE server there is nothing on the Marketplace you would need to buy anyway, paid characters are not gimped in any way, and gain extra incentives on the live servers verses FTP characters.

You can probably find most answers to questions regarding the difference from FTP verses paid here

https://www.everquest2.com/faq

You are right they do not seem to hardly ever advertise almost as if there is no budget for it.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Sorry, OP but Cash Shops are here to stay.  What you need to be more concerned with is the type of items available in a Cash Shop.  EQ2 is a fantastic game and the new TLE server is even better, been having a blast and it's been player packed since it started.  Great community, deep game, people grouping to do content, crafting is meaningful and the only thing I got from the cash shop was a mount that they lowered the speeds on and a free bag as part of the welcome back advert, limited time.  You can't buy gear or spells or experience potions.  Matter of fact, they've made it obvious that the server community will get to vote on what is allowed in the store in the coming months.  Already filled out one survey in my ingame mail asking about various things.  Some I said no to, some I said yes.

Games need to make money.   I mean the devs need to eat and make more content.  Subbing is an option which I choose and you get a small cash shop stipend every month to spend as you choose.  Everything I ever see is mostly cosmetic, mounts, skins, races, houses, appearance armor.  It's not like other games, ahem Rift, that sell actual GEAR.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

You could have gone to the EQ2 site to figure that out.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!