Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMG Summer Sale: ESO 66% - 75% OFF! (48 hr encore!)

TopFloorTopFloor Member UncommonPosts: 5

Sorry to sound kind of shill-y but I have been waiting months for something like this (Ever since B2P) and I thought others like me would really like to know about this.  :)

So Green Man Gaming is having their summer sale.  Each day is themed and sales only last for a day.  (Today is "Questing" and they just so happen to have ESO as one of the RPGs on sale. :) )

Regular Edition:  $14.99 (75% Off)

Imperial Edition:  $27.19 (66% Off)

Also you can apply GMG's voucher for an additional 20% Off! - it's on the front page of GMG.  (That knocked 5 bucks of the price of the Imperial Edition I bought - it was enough for me to even convince my brother to get a copy. ^_^ )

Anyway hope it's ok that a posted this, I thought it would be helpful for others.  I was quaking with happiness when I saw that I could finally get a deal on ESO after the B2P transition.  :D

Update: Well I guess I should warn people that it appears that the Regular version is sold out right now.  (I don't usually see stuff sell out on GMG. :/)  There might still be Imperial Editions available though.  (Imperial Edition is currently the top seller on GMG right now though.)

Top Floor - The File-Cabinet Robot

Comments

• TopFloorTopFloor Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Sorry to bump, but thought I should let people know that the GMG summer sale is having their 48 hour encore event now.  So TESO is back in stock and on sale if you missed it the first time.  And they still have a 20% off voucher you can add too, to get even more off.

Top Floor - The File-Cabinet Robot

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I thought this game was F2P now?
  • InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Buy2Play with a sub option and shop.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Friend of mine is sulking that I won't share my ESO account with him despite me not actually playing.

This should shut him up and I may actually play again because I prefer teamwork with friends over soloing.

You have my thanks

Harbinger of Fools
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

And for anyone wondering, yes, GMG is an official ESO retailer  (Post from ZOS in the official forums:)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I thought this game was F2P now?

Buy to play. 

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Does GMG give you a Steam key or is the GMG ESO a stand alone Client?
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I can't believe counterstrike is in the top 10.  I'd think anyone that cared would have already owned the game for ohhh, I don't know, 10 years?
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Stand alone direct from Zenimax.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

GMG's one of the best legitimate digital retailers around.

They've also got Knights of the Old Republic II on sale (the old game which got a big update yesterday).

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Mighty tempted to get the Imperial edition while it's on sale  so I can try this game out at some point lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Athisar

They've also got Knights of the Old Republic II on sale 

Where? I see it nowhere on the site...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Iselin

I'm assuming it will work on my existing ESO Beta account that is still active then.

Originally posted by Iselin

I'm assuming it will work on my existing ESO Beta account that is still active then.

If your account has a "Redeem Code" option (it should) it'll work. At worst, you'll have to create a new account by using another email address and it will definitely work in that case.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I got this deal. Took some getti.g used to, but love ESO.

Thanks!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

Gave in and bought the Imperial edition cause I just need a white horse....lol  seriously though played through the starter area and made it too a town, was fun.

I noticed in the starter area I looted everything I could find but many thing were simply empty and from what a read online if you loot everything you suppose to get racial books or something...I didn't get any of that though I did get locks water and some green items/gear.  I'm guessing they have changed the beginning, no biggie.

One thing I am not sure what is really junk loot and what I should keep but guess I will figure that out as I go along.

I have been looking into mods and downloaded these:

~MasterMerchant
    ~FTC
    ~Minimap
    ~CritPercent
    ~Wykkyd Framework
    ~GreymindQuickSlotBar

Do these all work well together? Also I am guessing you can turn these on and off from within the game?

Any other advice for am ESO newb or advice on addons?

Also I have made an Imperial Templar for PVE..any links to a good build maybe?

Normally I ask these type of questions in the official but I am unable to make a forum account as I have not received the invite email yet for that...I have put in a support ticket..I dunno why they don't just give you a code right from your main ESO game account. lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.