Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dwarves: New Tactical RPG Announced for PC/PS4/Xbox One

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,435

I thought tactical and tactics was the same thing, it looks like its not. The video looks like an ARPG and not a tactics RPG (tactics ogre, FF tactics, etc).

Looks interesting except for the dwarves only gameplay.

• FranconsteinFranconstein Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

I thought tactical and tactics was the same thing, it looks like its not. The video looks like an ARPG and not a tactics RPG (tactics ogre, FF tactics, etc).

While I understand where you're coming from, tactical" means that it involves tactical thinking. This is so vague, it can be attributed to most games. In my experience, it usually means that you control your character(s) from an eagle-eye perspective, and you can issue commands to them and perhaps pause during combat.

The kind of tactics you mention (games I love, by the way) would be referred to as "tactical turn-based RPG". If it just says "tactical turn-based combat" then you get Heroes of Might & Magic.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Ernest Hemingway

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

I love this quote..... You do release the title of the game is "The Dwarves"