Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played at launch

IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

Hi, I played the game at launch for a bit(quit after 3-4 months)

The game became boring because you were killing the same "Dynamic Quests" over and over again trying to get your jewerly ect. Then pvping in WvW which was just a zerg fest smashing down unimportant bases that hold no meaning.

I tried it again when they added fractuals and quit because it wasn't any different. Has it got any better?

MurderHerd

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by IsilithTehroth

The game became boring because you were killing the same "Dynamic Quests" over and over again trying to get your jewerly ect. Then pvping in WvW which was just a zerg fest smashing down unimportant bases that hold no meaning.

I tried it again when they added fractuals and quit because it wasn't any different.

So do you have a question or is this just a statement with 3.5y old opinions?

PS. about that WvWvW: you should have tried solo pvp or small groups instead of the FOTM follow the blue guy and spam till you die zerg fests.

I always pick a few in a running zerg, kill them and gtfo and repeat while having a good laugh. Or pick a base with just 3-4 friends.

So much for the all powerful zerg pvp.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Asked on the forums and got less of a bias answer. Apparently the game is worse now, much more casual and same shart from launch.

MurderHerd

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by IsilithTehroth

I tried it again when they added fractuals and quit because it wasn't any different. Has it got any better?

You can try it for yourself and find out. Just install it; nothing is stopping you. Also, using someone else's opinion on an internet forum on to determine if you want to play a game is a sure fire way trick yourself into thinking something that may or may not be true. Make your own judgement calls. It is especially strange to do that in a scenario like this, where you can just install the game and try it for yourself. 

Anyways it is pretty obvious you went into this with the answer already in your head. If you think that you won't like something and ask the question to a group of people with the general attitude in the context of the question that already expresses your opinion on it then you have probably just either came here to cause trouble or waste your time. 

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

1. Why the F did you "kill same dynamic quests" over and over again

2. Why the F did you just run with the zerg.

Its sooo funny, "i choose to do things i dont like even if i have complete freedom to NOT choose them so game sucks"

No, game havent changed much and youre better of not playing it since youre incapable of choosing yourself, youre much better of in "forced do x game".

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Not every game is for everyone, if you don't like it it's good that you left, MMOs aren't going to change drastically enough for you to like a game you didn't before. They cater to the players that do enjoy them.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I would say that 70% of the patches ArenaNet has made to the game have made it worse.

It used to be that you could play all day, wherever you wanted and be rewarded for it. Now thanks to diminishing returns you can't play in an area for more then 30 minutes without your loot going to hell. You used to be able to do dungeons as frequently as you wanted, now you can only do them once a day, same with world bosses.

SPvP has dropped off. Hotjoins used to be 8v8 and you were placed on a random team to prevent stacking. Now they're played 5v5 and people can/do stack teams so you never get a decent matchup.

WvW hasn't changed at all in 3 years outside of them buffing siege both physically and through mastery lines. Of course, 90% of the players hate siege weapons but it's not like ArenaNets ever actually listened to their WvW players.

Honestly, outside of SWG with NGE, this the only MMO I have ever played that has gotten worse since launch.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Why hasn't everyone realized yet that 80% of the posts on this site are designed to illicit and argument?  No one is truly asking for a real answer to a question, they're merely are trying to stoke the fire.

Click bait people.  Click bait.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Ludwik

Now thanks to diminishing returns you can't play in an area for more then 30 minutes without your loot going to hell. You used to be able to do dungeons as frequently as you wanted, now you can only do them once a day, same with world bosses.

I don't know about PvP changes, but all of this is flat out wrong.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Why hasn't everyone realized yet that 80% of the posts on this site are designed to illicit and argument?  No one is truly asking for a real answer to a question, they're merely are trying to stoke the fire.

Click bait people.  Click bait.

Its why pretty much no GW2 player comes to these boards, because 99% of posts are form people (read: trolls) who never played GW2 or played it 3 years ago throwing their "expert" opininon on the game.

But much to their dissapointment, GW2 is most successful MMO after WoW in the west, it ticks them off more than anything.