Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resident Evil 2 Reborn: Fan Made Remake in Unreal Engine 4

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CXf0PwSzc

An alpha version will be available for everyone sometime within the summer for free

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,825

That looks very cool. But I imagine Capcom will force them to take it down/stop distributing it.

I can't recall what game it was, but another fan remake got shot down by a publisher not long ago. :(

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

That looks very cool. But I imagine Capcom will force them to take it down/stop distributing it.

I can't recall what game it was, but another fan remake got shot down by a publisher not long ago. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233kmUiW-Rc

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,171
    This looks really good. Hopefully the Capcom lawyers don't come down on it.

Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,995

I am sure they paid a license fee,2 of them,one to publish a game with the Unreal engine and one to the owners of Resident Evil "Capcom".

Now to get around copyright you have to prove your reasoning according to the FAIR USE law.

it can vary from country to country but basically it is 

research, private study, education, parody, satire, criticism or review and news reporting)

They would be stretching it to fall under any of those categories,education being the best ..i guess lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,171
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I am sure they paid a license fee,2 of them,one to publish a game with the Unreal engine and one to the owners of Resident Evil "Capcom".

Now to get around copyright you have to prove your reasoning according to the FAIR USE law.

it can vary from country to country but basically it is 

research, private study, education, parody, satire, criticism or review and news reporting)

They would be stretching it to fall under any of those categories,education being the best ..i guess lol.

This wouldn't fall under fair use at all, and the idea of Capcom licensing out Resident Evil for a free remake is laughable. Not going to happen.

Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,796

El you always find the coolest and weirdest stuff.

The lighting is brilliant but gameplay wise.. I don't remember the zombies to be so  tame. Unless he tuned their difficulty down to avoid scenes of violence on youtube.

Other than that I fear Capcom will really put a stop to this.

Still it's nice to see that there are still people who are making games for the sake of loving games and not to fill their wallets with empty promises.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Dakeru

El you always find the coolest and weirdest stuff.

im like the marco polo of the internet