Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LF] F2P MMO to start right now !

iLoadingPvPiLoadingPvP Member CommonPosts: 6

Hello , I'm curently looking for an mmo that has an easy lets say way to gain level and it is also fun to play. It must have a good playerbase as I clearly dont like playing alone , another thing that i would like is the graphics to be good im interested in something like albion's graphics but not neceserly ... 

And most of all PvP must be open world or at least ofer some good pvp experience from wich u can get xp and reward's. I mostly like killing people for the farm spot's if u know what i mean. 

Another important thing that i would like is Skill and not Item power . Also progresion must not take years in order to get to the end game content becouse this is the very first thing that annoys me is that grind that just make's me uninstall the game before the end game content.

Im curently thinking to rejoin ArchAge maybe Rift , my most mmo experience was on Lineage 2.

Comments

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Tera PvP servers have good OWPvP you can always catch a lvl capped player in the lvl 15 zones killing people.  

Neverwinter is is coming out with their Strongholds Module soon, that will have a zone to GvG.  And the combat is one of the best I've played, I actually prefer it to ESO.

ESO, you'll either love it or hate it.

GW2 WvW, what can I say, it's a safe choice 

Rifts OWPvP is dead, has been for some time.  Warfronts are still fun and PvE folks run through there for progression - juicy, juicy.

ArcheAge has gotten better over time and western version is almost caught up with SoKo.

• iLoadingPvPiLoadingPvP Member CommonPosts: 6
    Wich one has a bigger player base ? I'm from EU btw , and what is soko ?
  • BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

You are looking for a MMORPG that i easy to level and has some nice graphics right ?

One MMORPG that just got into beta this week is SkyForge check: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1071/Skyforge.html

I jumped into it and the graphics are nice and the gameplay is smooth enough, since it just hit beta testing a few days ago you can expect allot of people online.

Have fun !

No thank you , that game is total crap . It's just hyped now cause it's new but in a month or so it wont be  and also the terible fps i get in it its even worse.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Go with ArcheAge.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Originally posted by iLoadingPvP

Hello , I'm curently looking for an mmo that has an easy lets say way to gain level and it is also fun to play. It must have a good playerbase as I clearly dont like playing alone , another thing that i would like is the graphics to be good im interested in something like albion's graphics but not neceserly ... 

And most of all PvP must be open world or at least ofer some good pvp experience from wich u can get xp and reward's. I mostly like killing people for the farm spot's if u know what i mean. 

Another important thing that i would like is Skill and not Item power . Also progresion must not take years in order to get to the end game content becouse this is the very first thing that annoys me is that grind that just make's me uninstall the game before the end game content.

Im curently thinking to rejoin ArchAge maybe Rift , my most mmo experience was on Lineage 2.

I would say Play Tera online. Great game and very fun to play for a free game.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Go with ArcheAge.

^Probably your best bet atm.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

How is the game now for free to play? I mean is it playble or still p2w
  • BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

It's p2w, but in the beginning you dont really need money. just level your toon, takes around 2 -3 days if you do all the quests till 50. 50-55 farming coinpurses traderuns and many other things and takes longer then 1-50 (for me).

But then you will need gear to pvp. First weapons are normally from Hasla rifts that spawn at 18:00 server time ( 24 hours is4 hours). You do dungeons and raids like serpentise/Library for armor. after you craft your first armor piece or buy it you can upgrade it. This is were the RNG kicks in. If you upgrade a weapon it takes allot of gold. one traderun with a Hauler (7 packs from Falcorn to Austera) gives you around 70g. and costs about 800 labor, you can carry max 2k labor at any time(5k with patron) and it recharges 5 per 10 minutes or 10 when you have patron (aka sub). You need labor to do stuff like mine or make packs do traderuns etc. so this limits your actions drasticly wich sucks imo.

The game is designed in a way that you can basicly get sub for free by buying Apex on the auctionhouse. The price of Apex has changed from 220 to 600+ in the last 2 months. But its not bad you can make gold from reading AH and crafting items regrade them and sell them for more. + you can also just buy sub.

Regrading is basicly what it is all about. You can regrade your armor/weapon and many other things like chip components. regrading can go 4 ways: 1. succes 2. fail -stay same grade 3. fail & degrade 1 level 4.Destroy (above celestial grade). To have a better succes in regrading above celes and so less chance of destruction you can use "Lucky Sunpoints" (costs 450g atm). Thenyou get the regrade costs + the scroll you need and your going for 500g or something per regrade and the chances (RNG) suck!

So if you want to sustain patron it will cost you 1100+g per month,2 apex is required both giving you 1250 credits 2400 needed for patron. But if you buy patron you will have more money but never enough for good gear. The store helps you get money since you can sell allot of stuff you buy with real money. So that helps allot + it does not consume labor like all other things do.

If your going PVP in archeage (wich is awesome) you need to pay if you want some gear eventually or play really long without it. As for farming / traderuns player housing or just going allong on Public raids on sea or land you dont really need to invest money since you can leech of the croud.

Still there are times that P2W slaps you in the face in archeage. Some folks spend allot of money, there is a korean streamer who did 1v1 arena with his eyes closed and won eazz.

Here is the vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWGsa4BZ8E

But not everyone is like that. But yeh P2W = opun in Archeage. Not paying will drasticly reduce your experience. If you do nt really want to pay I would say do it just once and then keep it up with gold. (patron also gives you more exp).

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I recently moved from Lineage 2 to Aion. Enjoying it way more then I thought I would.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Wich one has a bigger player base ? I'm from EU btw , and what is soko ?

South Korea (SoKo)

I'm definitely enjoying my time spent in ArcheAge and there are some servers that are going to have server merges, not all.  There are still very populated and active servers up.  If you do choose ArcheAge I would recommend throwing down a one month sub once you get the hang of getting back into the game. 

Take a week to figure out a plan for success while f2p. Throw them enough money to become patron for one month and play your EU toon and jump over to NA and make a toon to burn labor for gold to fund your patron status.  If you use this system you will never have to pay for patron status since all credits made on all regions are linked to your account.

The following servers will not have server merge

Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
    NA: Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
    EU: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna, Aier [added 06/03/15]

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76

Nah Nah Nah don't listen to them! Go with SkyForge!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Benjarro

It's p2w, but in the beginning you dont really need money. just level your toon, takes around 2 -3 days if you do all the quests till 50. 50-55 farming coinpurses traderuns and many other things and takes longer then 1-50 (for me).

But then you will need gear to pvp. First weapons are normally from Hasla rifts that spawn at 18:00 server time ( 24 hours is4 hours). You do dungeons and raids like serpentise/Library for armor. after you craft your first armor piece or buy it you can upgrade it. This is were the RNG kicks in. If you upgrade a weapon it takes allot of gold. one traderun with a Hauler (7 packs from Falcorn to Austera) gives you around 70g. and costs about 800 labor, you can carry max 2k labor at any time(5k with patron) and it recharges 5 per 10 minutes or 10 when you have patron (aka sub). You need labor to do stuff like mine or make packs do traderuns etc. so this limits your actions drasticly wich sucks imo.

The game is designed in a way that you can basicly get sub for free by buying Apex on the auctionhouse. The price of Apex has changed from 220 to 600+ in the last 2 months. But its not bad you can make gold from reading AH and crafting items regrade them and sell them for more. + you can also just buy sub.

Regrading is basicly what it is all about. You can regrade your armor/weapon and many other things like chip components. regrading can go 4 ways: 1. succes 2. fail -stay same grade 3. fail & degrade 1 level 4.Destroy (above celestial grade). To have a better succes in regrading above celes and so less chance of destruction you can use "Lucky Sunpoints" (costs 450g atm). Thenyou get the regrade costs + the scroll you need and your going for 500g or something per regrade and the chances (RNG) suck!

So if you want to sustain patron it will cost you 1100+g per month,2 apex is required both giving you 1250 credits 2400 needed for patron. But if you buy patron you will have more money but never enough for good gear. The store helps you get money since you can sell allot of stuff you buy with real money. So that helps allot + it does not consume labor like all other things do.

If your going PVP in archeage (wich is awesome) you need to pay if you want some gear eventually or play really long without it. As for farming / traderuns player housing or just going allong on Public raids on sea or land you dont really need to invest money since you can leech of the croud.

Still there are times that P2W slaps you in the face in archeage. Some folks spend allot of money, there is a korean streamer who did 1v1 arena with his eyes closed and won eazz.

Here is the vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWGsa4BZ8E

But not everyone is like that. But yeh P2W = opun in Archeage. Not paying will drasticly reduce your experience. If you do nt really want to pay I would say do it just once and then keep it up with gold. (patron also gives you more exp).

What he did not mention is that you will need to run through the same dungeon 30 times or more to get your armor and to get your weapon in hasla, you have to compete with everyone else for the 6 or 8 spots that the mobs spawn in.  If you are into repetitive gaming, then this one is for you.  Also, hope you enjoy long slow runs across the map to earn money as that is what trade runs are.  You will need to do one every day like its your second job.  Once you get your GHA and Hasla tier-3 weapon then it is trade run, trade run, trade run as you need gold to please the RNG gods to continue to upgrade your armor.  You will also need to do trade runs to earn gold for that Apex they mentioned to keep your patron up so you can farm your land and make trade packs for trade runs. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by xevanon

Nah Nah Nah don't listen to them! Go with SkyForge!

Skyforge is a terrible game and will be dead in 2-3 months. Don't bother. Anyone who says otherwise is fucking crazy