Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Vote: Smarts move against Robert, Cool or not cool?

MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

Hello Guys.

Since this is a topic we all are interested in..lets have a vote on how you see smarts move on robert from star citizen,.

p.s: My apologies for those who got mad for my previous poll.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

You did it again.   LOL

How about this.  Just ask..."Is Derek Smart right to pursue answers to his questions?"   Yes or No.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    His making it personal totally discredits him as a legitimate customer advocate.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Originally posted by Teala

You did it again.   LOL

How about this.  Just ask..."Is Derek Smart right to pursue answers to his questions?"   Yes or No.

this will be my last poll.. :P

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    In keeping with the way you mis-asked the wrong question, I just had to vote "no" despite not being a Derekite... sorry about that. :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    His making it personal totally discredits him as a legitimate customer advocate.

What? When was he a customer advocate?

I vote for neither (not maybe), his "move" is nothing, it's the same as some random guy on these here forums ranting about one thing or another. The only reason his post got any play is because he said things that people were already saying and it got picked up because he has some amount of infamy.

Even the people who agree with some or most of what he said about CIG don't like Derek Smart. He's no one's hero.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

A random guy willing to risk 1 million dollars for it though.

This poll is bad, so I won't vote. We'll see after the affair is done and over with who was right and who wasn't. It's at least fair to say Smart isn't just doing it out of a personal vendetta I think; he truly believes in this cause.

That said, beliefs are always influenced by emotions too.

As for Star Citizen. I remain on the same position I've always been in: deliver credible content first, then we'll believe your promises. Not before.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Mensur
    Originally posted by Teala

You did it again.   LOL

this will be my last poll.. :P

A simple rule is to avoid using "AND" or "OR" in your poll question if your answer options include YES and NO.

Otherwise, you have to make the answer options more specific, e.g.

"Which colour do you prefer, red or green ?"

Answer:

1. Red
    2. Green
    3. I'm color-blind, what's the question ?
    4. None of the above

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Derek Smart is a clinical sociopath that has, like most high functioning sociopaths, gathered a small cadre of sycophants to his little cult.  The cult then tears into the target that the sociopath points out with lunatic abandon.

There is no other issue here but the sad attack against legitimate enterprise by a cold, calculating individual in his attempt to take over someone else's work.  It's what these parasites do.

This is a tempest needs to simmer down in its little teapot.  Neither Derek Smart nor his shills (that aren't also Derek Smart on sockpuppet accounts) deserve any more attention.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

This poll is bad, so I won't vote. We'll see after the affair is done and over with who was right and who wasn't. It's at least fair to say Smart isn't just doing it out of a personal vendetta I think; he truly believes in this cause.

As for Star Citizen. I remain on the same position I've always been in: deliver credible content first, then we'll believe your promises. Not before.

Just saw the $1M thing, I thought people were still going on about his post. Yeah, I'm gonna go with 'not cool' on the $1M thing.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

He's Showboating

What odds would you give for this ever happening?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Even a broken clock is right.....you know the rest... so who knows? My opinion all along has been wait and see, while I have a strong opinion of Derek Smart his usually actions and why someone would cut ties with him... I wouldn't assume he's wrong based on that. It just means I'm not going to jump straight to his side on the matter. Definitely need more info. Same with Roberts point today..Need more info...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

It was either a brilliant (but somewhat evil) tactical move by Smart to try and take out his most serious competitor when they are at their most vulnerable. 

Or in the case that there really is financial malfeasance going on, then yes it is cool and Smart will become a legend.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

What about the "I don't give a rats ass about your poll or anything about this subject because we are tired of reading about it" choice?

I voted for that....and the "I love cheeseburgers" options also

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

What about the "I don't give a rats ass about your poll or anything about this subject because we are tired of reading about it" choice?

I voted for that....and the "I love cheeseburgers" options also

I find that ignoring any Star Citizen thread that goes over 5 pages helps keep it from getting too stale.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    While I think there are many valid concerns to be raised about this game, the manner in which he is raising them just comes over as overwhelmingly butthurt. If you want to be taken seriously you need to objectively state your concerns and the reasoning behind those concerns, rather than just stirring up shit.