Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone is cheering on this computer hack.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

http://time.com/3964059/ashley-madison-affair-adultery-infidelity-cheating-hack/

Hackers Threaten to Expose Millions of ‘Cheating Dirtbags’

Attackers breached adult affair website Ashley Madison

Hackers of unknown origin have begun leaking large chunks of user data from the website of Ashley Madison — a social-networking site promising “discreet encounters” for married people and which operates under the rubric “Life is short. Have an affair.”

this is hilarious

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I am not cheering....now they might expose me! 

Just kidding, but still not cheering. Two wrongs do not make a right. Actually 3 wrongs! They blackmail these website now. 

Like it or not. People will cheat with or without these websites. Now they just go to a regular dating site and forget to mention they are in a relationship. This way is atleast....a bit more honest. I guess someone has been cheated on and needed to believe it was this website there fault. Make them feel better I guess about it.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Be careful what you wish for !

Let's just hope the hackers don't mix up the data from their Ashley-Madison hack with some other stuff.

Try to explain to your partner why your name is in the latest "reveal" of people having an affair ?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

A: Not everyone who use those sites are actually cheating. Belive it or not but there are more types of relationships outhere than M/M, F/F and M/F mono... 

B: Blackmail is never a good thing. 

C: While i respect peoples fetishes... Getting your rocker off to exposing and humiliating people this way is kind... Iffy. (in my mind the keywords are safe, sane and consentual.. I have a hard time seeing this meet the last criteria)

This have been a good conversation

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by tawess

A: Not everyone who use those sites are actually cheating. Belive it or not but there are more types of relationships outhere than M/M, F/F and M/F mono... 

C: While i respect peoples fetishes... Getting your rocker off to exposing and humiliating people this way is kind... Iffy. (in my mind the keywords are safe, sane and consentual.. I have a hard time seeing this meet the last criteria)

I absolutely agree.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469

Yea.. I'm more of a fetlife kind of cat anyway. Now excuse me while I squeeze into this gimp suit.

-Chuckles
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

- Ashley Madison is an online dating service and social networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair." -

This particular site is founded on infidelity. The people waking up to bad news this morning took a chance and now they are getting exposed. I personally have zero sympathy for any of them. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Cecropia

- Ashley Madison is an online dating service and social networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair." -

This particular site is founded on infidelity. The people waking up to bad news this morning took a chance and now they are getting exposed. I personally have zero sympathy for any of them. 

Tbh, the only ones i have sympathy for, are those who have just found out that their partners have been, or intended to, cheat on them.

But its better to know either way. image

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Phry

Tbh, the only ones i have sympathy for, are those who have just found out that their partners have been, or intended to, cheat on them.

Very true. To be on the other side of the coin would be absolutely terrible.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

+1 for the hackers. I'm not sorry in the least for those people, they knew they were there to cheat.

Sweeping justice incoming.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It has nothing to do with that. People who are callous with their partner and children's lives and future need to be outed.

I grew up in a broken family with a sister and a brother, I have never said anything to my dad other than "hi" during reunions.

My mom raised us on her own.

That woman he was seeing behind my mom's back destroyed my mom's self esteem. It crushed her and almost got the better of her if it wasn't for us standing by her side.

I have 0 respect for people who cheat on their family, 0.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Phry

But it would be so different if it was your personal information being hacked. Maybe a few extra credit cards maxed out in your name would make you see that hacking is hacking whether it's right or wrong.

I don't promote infidelity, but there are more than just sites like this being hacked on a daily basis. Innocent people are being targeted as well as the guilty.

Cheering them on just makes matters worse.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Waterlily

It has nothing to do with that. People who are callous with their partner and children's lives and future need to be outed.

I grew up in a broken family with a sister and a brother, I have never said anything to my dad other than "hi" during reunions.

My mom raised us on her own.

That woman he was seeing behind my mom's back destroyed my mom's self esteem. It crushed her and almost got the better of her if it wasn't for us standing by her side.

I have 0 respect for people who cheat on their family, 0.

While I too have no respect for people who cheat on their families, this site supports people with alterrnate lifestyles as well.

And while "that" is not my thing either, I don't believe in judging people who want to define their relationships in a way other than what is traditionally done.

So to that point, this is sort of like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Additionally, how many of those hackers have done something considered "bad" or even worse than this?

People who live in glass houses ....

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    This is an interesting development. Hacking a website, and then revealing others personal information based on 'moral' grounds. Sure, it may sound good (if you agree with their moral stance), but it is also a double edged sword. What if someone were to hack a game site (say Blizzard) because they feel that MMO's were bad for people, and then start releasing their credit cards information. Would that suddenly be 'different' because people did not agree with their moral stance?

Yeah... You do know that is mostly just marketing right... A way to not get lost in the ocean of dating and... well... adult funtime meetup sites... Now as i said. I ive by the safe, sane and consensual rule so i support people hvaing multiple partners, playmates and temporaey sexual contacts, even if they are in a relationship... As long as all partners are aware of it. 

Also if you are cheating.. Something is not right in your current relationship... But being exposed (and potentially targeted for personal and financial damage by so called do-godders who feel that justice is best served with a bat.) is not the best way to get to the core of it. 

Also do consider the people who see the site as a way to get to terms with their sexuality (or for one reason or another can not be open with it) love does after all come in many shape and forms. 

In short... this is so short-sighted and that they do it as something good is even more insane... Vigilante justice is never the way to go, especially when what is being broken is primarley a moral rule... 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Just wanting to point this out...

Apparently the real issue is that Ashley Madison charges $19 to fully wipe the server data of your information and apparently even though they charge you for the service, don't actually wipe your data.

Good to know right?

Just glad I don't have to deal with this kinda stuff.  If it's on the internet, SOMEONE is going to see it who shouldn't.

I don´t think anyone defends the people cheating.. But there are MANY others who use the site too. (at least in the circles i frequvent as it is a fairly easy and high profile place.) 

This have nothing to do with doing the "right thing".. This have to do with a bunch of r-tards trying to make a quick buck by blackmail (a last time i checked actuall and fairly severe crime) since the whole idea bhind the site is that their data is safe. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Just a quick reminder not to drag in political and morality arguments. Talking about this site and its marketing, sure, but avoid dragging in other issues or political ideology.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

But we had such a nice little flamewar brewing.... =(  It would have been epic... =P

Anyway... With that in mind

Blackmailing is a crime and ratshats seems to enjoy it. I do not support that kind of behaviour in any way shape or form. 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

the web says 37M+ of clients .....really? ....wth

For a international dating site that is not all that much. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

http://time.com/3964059/ashley-madison-affair-adultery-infidelity-cheating-hack/

Hackers of unknown origin have begun leaking large chunks of user data from the website of Ashley Madison — a social-networking site promising “discreet encounters” for married people and which operates under the rubric “Life is short. Have an affair.”

this is hilarious

Khm, this is some kind of MMO or something cosidering we are at www.mmorpg.com, aren't we?

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

this is hilarious

Khm, this is some kind of MMO or something cosidering we are at www.mmorpg.com, aren't we?

Yeah in the erm..............ya know........................"OFF-TOPIC" section, DUH!

Anyway on topic so to speak.  I hope every person on their books gets found out by partners, but I don't want their details out there in the public domain because of possible ID related crime.

• long123long123 Member Posts: 7
    Let's just hope the hackers don't mix up the data from their Ashley-Madison hack with some other stuff.