Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

---

ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236
edited September 2015 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Post edited by ArtificeVenatus on

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'd be the guy pulling the cart.  "Bring out your dead."  :-)

But honestly I'd like to own a shop in town where I could hire some NPCs to do sales in the front room, and I could sit in back smoking my pipe, cutting leather and pounding rivets to make gear.

Sell decent stuff cheap, but the good stuff is going to cost you.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

A politician type class.

Focused on shifting individual reputations that accumulate faction reputations gained through political debates using certain factions ideologies, money in the right places aka bribes or "gifting", spreading your primary factions influence, passing game laws like taxation on certain products or regions. Things like that, mostly as a mini-game or alt character when I get tired of my primary combat character in this world.

Plus, if there is a political character class that implies the world should have a robust political system for players to develop the world and make changes to the games social systems and affect the "physical" world like city building, health, and status in the greater world.

Knowing a wee bit about game development though I know this is asking alot but hey if you never ask for bigger and better things you pretty much end up with the same ol same ol. 

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Combine of tamer , necromancer and shapeshifter
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I would like to play conjoined twins of pally-tank and wizard with a Kuato that is a master craftsman!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Why not a gambler. Could one shot encounters or take a long time to kill something. Skills which have random possabilites both good and bad for you and the enemy.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    I would like it if every time I logged in I took control of a boss.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Being the magical equivalent of a mad scientist would be pretty cool.  Being a shapeshifter that could turn into many animals would also be cool, but only if those animals could be used in interesting non-combat ways; that's where WoW's druid class really fails.  I also love to do the one-person-civilization thing where I start in the wilderness with nothing but the sticks and stones around me and build up to a ranch with a fancy house and domesticated animals and a mining/blacksmithing operation.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

But honestly I'd like to own a shop in town where I could hire some NPCs to do sales in the front room, and I could sit in back smoking my pipe, cutting leather and pounding rivets to make gear.

You've just described shoppe management in Puzzle Pirates.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

You've just described shoppe management in Puzzle Pirates.

Oh my, now you've done it.  Looks fantastic.  Installed and learning my way around.

Small download, easy on the system, lots of depth, lots of charm.  Impressive!

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I generally don't like twists on the classes.  I've tried a lot of games recently that have gone away from the traditional classes to unique and different ideas.  I didn't really enjoy any of the new ones so far.

In terms of characters I like DrizzT, Elminster, Tannis Half Elven, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, Geralt of Rivia, and many others.

I think the best way to approach this is to have a bunch of skills related to each class and let the players create something from them.  The original classes/abilites are fairly solid and cover a wide range. 

Personally I can't think of much.  I guess I have a bad imagination when it comes to creating new classes or I just enjoy the ones that exist already that much.

Honorable mentions to Jonathan Strange who I think is very interesting on the new BBC TV series.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

The ability to borrow skill/experience from equipment that was previously used by someone.

Basically be able to use psychic memory of objects.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Helleri
    I would like it if every time I logged in I took control of a boss.

For some reason I pictured Harbinger from ME2 making an entrance. image

And I'd like to have a Mastermind like the ones from City of Heroes, or some other kind of summoner (possibly a Necromancer).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

I would be the tavern owner where tall tales would be told over whiskey and brews.  So since no game I know utilizes taverns I'm unemployed.

Originally posted by DMKano
    I would be the resurrection tax collector - for every death you'd pay me a fee to continue.

DMKano hit a home run IMO with his/her suggestion.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Probably a Hannibal Lecter type of character.

"A mage once tried to test me... I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.... FFFFFFFF!"

• nomotagnomotag Member UncommonPosts: 166
    The dungeon guy from earth bound. It would be kind of neat to be the one to reset the dungeons and then add a new little spin on them. You could also do something with a druid or ranger class that can set out bate or use spells to alter the spawn rates in a zone. Like if monsters didn't re-spawn on their own, but had to be cultivated by the players.
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

I am trying to decide what type of character I will play in Revival when it launches 2-3 years from now. I want to try to pursue at least some of the paths described below.

1. Archeologist - going into dungeons with groups to decipher ancient glyphs and discover how to open old mechanisms, identify items.

2. Fortune-Reader - learning how to read the fortune-telling cards to learn about an area, character or item.

3. Astrologist - studying the sky during the nights and learning how the stars move and what significance their position has to other things in the world.

4. Arcanist - being able to read arcane symbols, acquiring knowledge about the world before the Dark Ages.

5. Farmer/Innkeeper - cooperating with a few other players on farming outside the city and running our own tavern inside the city.

6. Whaler - joining a ship crew to hunt for whales.

7. Beastmaster - taming and training wild animals to sell them to the Fighting Pits.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• BaghoolBaghool Member CommonPosts: 118

An Archdevil, with my own segment of the Hell's...

My own minions with whom to tax mortal beings....

And tramps aplenty hugged up to my calves by my throne.....

"Investment firms do not have that outlook on life. They need to know there is not only a return on their investment but also a solid profit at the end of it." tawess-