Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Incredible!

Comments

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by ankhfnkhonsu

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/12/12/smartphone-usage-overtakes-pcs-in-south-korea/

"PCs at 78.2%, according to data released by the Ministry of Science"

God, you are dense. The article clearly said 'desktop PC's' which I quoted directly. I'm done with this conversation. You just reply saying "I'm wrong" to everything I say and yet you provide ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF. You have absolutely no credibility and on top of that you don't even have the basic comprehension required to keep up. I can't deal with your immense idiocy. Please, don't play BDO, the game will be better without you.

The article says - PCs. I will continue quote - This means that now less than eight out of every ten households have at least one computer - in the form of desktop or laptop - in use, while more than eight have a smartphone.

Who do you think you lie or manipulate? You quote some sources, and then you argue with them. Everyone can click on the link and see, how you try to distort the information. Exactly the same you do, when you are talking about the game. I doubt most of the people believe you anyway.

Yep you're right, I did miss the laptop thing, I was skimming articles looking for ACTUAL facts rather than just blowing smoke out of my ass like you do all day long which is what you do when you are talking about ANYTHING, not just the game. People make mistakes, at least I am willing to admit when I am wrong.

Anyways, I am done with you. You are right about everything, I am wrong about everything. End of conversation.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Man_of_Leisure

What kind of garbage games has this guy been playing for the last 10 years to be so excited about autopathing, walking into npcs, wandering in town npcs, and crouching to sneak.

You can turn autopathing off just like you can in Age Of Wulin. 

Next? 

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 320

The problem is end game content.. their really isn't much to do at end game but you can get their pretty quickly. That's why a lot of players just decided to stop playing and won't be returning.

I also want to mention the fact the challenge factor is novice to medium.

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by ChaoticWake

The problem is end game content.. their really isn't much to do at end game but you can get their pretty quickly. That's why a lot of players just decided to stop playing and won't be returning.

I also want to mention the fact the challenge factor is novice to medium.

I think people are forgetting that "end game" hasn't even been released yet. Valencia (coming out on Thursday) is doubling the size of the world and is "official release" - however, even that isn't "end game" only half of the world. This will bring a lot of people back to the game, however, it could also turn some of the more hardcore people away from the game if they don't make some of the changes people want or at least meet them in the middle.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Just a note, but.... The concept of 'endgame' for MMO's is a purely Western idea. It's also one that's been so ingrained into the mind of a lot of people that they can't handle a game not having it.

Strangely enough - Everyone bashes games for not offering anything new, where in fact a game may simply not have the traditional western endgame, just like Black Desert. 

But, when a game DOES offer an endgame in the form people want - more dungeons, raids - they bash it for NOT being new and just giving you a gear grind.

Honestly, at this point i'm 100% sure that no one here actually knows what they themselves want, never mind the 'Western market'. 

Personally, i'm enjoying BDO KR exactly because there's no focus on an endgame. I can finally level without feeling the subconscious pressure of 'missing out', and i'm actually having fun because of it.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    As far as I can tell, BDO is designed to be just "end game". The Korean version has a relatively quick leveling path that I gather is more like a tutorial, and then you live in the world doing various activities like guild warfare, trading, animal breeding, exploration etc.

That sounds good to me, I don't really like those games that are designed to run dungeons over and over to grind for gear or whatever. 
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    edited October 2015
    Agreed YashaX.

How many mmo's tried to force dungeons and raids down your throath to keep up and be competitive in both pve and pvp.

Just let me grind mobs and kill world bosses with my guild and declare guild wars for territory and city's.

So tired of mmo's that keep the same progression path with that carrot on a stick design and look around how they do....

Finaly an mmo that provides simple and effective progression.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,457
    The game looks good and probably does offer some good gameplay, but I'm not looking at it with a B2P and a cash shop.
  • dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I love this game in the KR/RU version but I'm so scared they are going to give B2P a bad name with this game in the west if they don't change a bunch of stuff.
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

I will for sure be playing this. Hope it is as fun as it looks.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't see the game as amazing,not even in the least,i see the same old with a new skin and nothing more.
    Features?What exactly are players doing?Running around quest to quest and doing it with FAKE immersion breaking auto movement.
    A waypoint looks wrong,there should be no magical lines drawing in the game,it ia fake and as i said immersion breaking.The combat to me is just a cheap looking Mortal Kombat type system.Dodging looks bad and the casting is like SPAM,it doesn't even take the player any time to conjure up these spells,it is like she has a semi automatic rifle firing out spells,it looks dumb and typical of Asian game designs.

The problem with Asian games is they tend to typically look like an arcade game rather than a plausible role playing game.This game does a LOT that i do not want in my games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I will try it and see.

Been playing B&S but I'm skeptical I'm not a very big pvp fan and it seems atm there is nothing to do at endgame but that. I like to pvp once in awhile but not as the only thing to do in game.
  • dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Some of you that are uninformed should check out the crafting, housing , worker, ship/boat system, economy, trading, caravan, territory control, and so on features of this game if you think it's just another korean grinder with nothing at all to do but quest and grind.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    What's there to do in groups as a guild other than PVP? If my experience has taught me anything over the years it's that there probably isn't anything but i'd like to be corrected.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    bdo lef me down on pvp..

Game is nice tho..

But

- gearbased game with heavy RNG
    - not so many pvp elements ingame

doing the game thing over over again everyday gets boring fast.. ( farming stones)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,947
    Its a grinding game. You grind mobs non stop without quests from 50-60 (its the most cost effective way of leveling and making money) and get higher and higer gear to pvp with. Thats it. 
    Sold!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,771
    Sovrath said:
    Its a grinding game. You grind mobs non stop without quests from 50-60 (its the most cost effective way of leveling and making money) and get higher and higer gear to pvp with. Thats it. 
    Sold!
    My hope is none of the quests are needed to keep up. I would love to just explore and grind level 1-60 =-)
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    Sold here too, along with pet breeding, fishing, boats and access to housing.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,771
    Aori said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    My hope is none of the quests are needed to keep up. I would love to just explore and grind level 1-60 =-)
    This is very much me, it is why I gave up on Blade & Soul, way to much freaking questing and they have such a nice combat system too. 

I loathe questing, I do like epic style story quests but for everything else I wanna meander thru the world, sometimes plop down in a nice spot and just kill stuff. 
    I loved EQ1 style questing, where a quest would take months to finish and at the end you got the best weapon in the game for your class =-) But I am getting stick of kill 10 rats quest unless they happen while in the field and you pick them up by the area you are in and you need to run no where to hand them in. 
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    I think its safe to say that BDO is a heavy guild vs guild bases mmo.

There are not many of those mmo's out there and the one's that are have been on the market so long they are very out dated or closed their doors.

If you are in a good pvp guild that have active commanders  this mmo should offer alot of fun, but i can imagen that solo pvp players will get bored or even have no place in BDO as everything seems to be extremely focused on high end guilds.

ganking for profits like in Archeage or becomming an outlaw / pirate is not implemented or have such severe penalty's it aint worth doing.

And the buy to play is a great middle road as free to play is just a cancer to mmo's.
    If BDO will be similar to GW2 and that cash shop then its nothing but praise for this studio.

bdo lef me down on pvp..

Game is nice tho..

But

- gearbased game with heavy RNG
    - not so many pvp elements ingame

doing the game thing over over again everyday gets boring fast.. ( farming stones)
    Can you expand on how it let you down on pvp?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Aori said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    This is very much me, it is why I gave up on Blade & Soul, way to much freaking questing and they have such a nice combat system too. 

I loathe questing, I do like epic style story quests but for everything else I wanna meander thru the world, sometimes plop down in a nice spot and just kill stuff. 
    I wouldn't mind quests so much if you didn't have to do them in order to be competitive and if they were more than run and kill 5 of something and run back. Reason I say "5" is that these quests have become relay races that require the bare minimum. I'd rather kill 27 of something because at least I'd be doing something.

Killing or collecting some small amount is conducive to players just running around more than actually doing anything.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Watch Dogs looked amazing also and revolutionary...I'll just wait til it's actually here and can be played.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Aori said:
    Sovrath said:

I wouldn't mind quests so much if you didn't have to do them in order to be competitive and if they were more than run and kill 5 of something and run back. Reason I say "5" is that these quests have become relay races that require the bare minimum. I'd rather kill 27 of something because at least I'd be doing something.

Killing or collecting some small amount is conducive to players just running around more than actually doing anything.
    I could handle questing like say, kill 10 boars. However if you get 200 boars, you get bonus xp/currency whatever.  I just hate running around for 15+ minutes and killing for only 2 minutes. Rinse repeat.

Don't understand why we can't have both, fields of xp worthy monsters and quests. One of the largest problems in MMOs now is the way mobs are spread so thin. 

I have a hope the string of MMOARPGs coming might give me what I'm looking for.
    I completely agree, that is my same stance. Mostly running and not doing anything is not fun.

I like the idea of bonus xp. Actually archeage does that.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm

"There's even a quest to go kill 50" and the guy is amazed by it..? I've spend 2 1/2 hours in Wall of Argos (Lineage II) to get 51 tokens from the monsters there. I've lost count on how many I killed but I think it's been over 400 for sure.

Also, the guy thinks that kill x mobs for a quest is different than just kill those same mobs for XP. Honestly, I don't see the difference there. With that, the remark that 80-90% of the quests are 'Kill 10 rats' is nothing new - most MMOs use these numbers just because they're so damn easy to implement.

"No Dungeons" - "No End-Game". Kinda the same goes for EVE online. It's also build as PvP oriented game with (very) limited PvE and close to no dungeons/bosses (unless you call WHs that ;p) It does make me a bit wary about this game though. I think it has a lot of potential (loved the production.trading part of EVE a lot), but the same I said about ArcheAge and look what has become of that one.

None the less though, I think I'll certainly grab Black Desert because of it's Buy2Play payment. That mostly gives a better gaming experience like those 'Free2Play' games where the most important features are locked behind a payment wall...