Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

everquest 2 progression server

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

hi,

was wondering how many have heard of or plan to play the new progression server on tuesday?

i have tried and still have my sub for the EQ1 progression server which i planned to quit this month till i heard about EQ2 making one.

basically all the annoying things that makes me quit EQ1  will not exist in EQ2 - no encounter lock ,having to be avaliable almost 24/7 to have a shot at a raid boss.

also some of the bad things from EQ2 at launch is now gone- shared exp.debt,over mirroring of classes,huge drain on cpu specs(as it was in 2004 but 10 years later easy to run).

left is a lovely under rated game which if you were new you would miss a lot of the content as it was meant to be but now you can do it as it was meant to but accelerated so you do not get bored with some of the best expansion early on like ruins of kunark.

so hopefully we can get a good crowd not just from old vets but new players who will want to enjoy each expansion within a shorter time line and diffcilulty meant for that era  and more importantly fresh new server with some annoying things from launch all gone!

cya ingame

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm interested,

However I've been trying to get a few simple answers for over a week now.  But the website for Daybreak is extremely vague.

1) Will this have a cash shop ?

2) What expansion did they agree on using ?

On the web site, and on our forums here, we get a list of features that's more like patch notes instead of specifics.  It's been so many years since I played EQ2, I would be going in as if I were a new player...And I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

SOE now Daybreak has always been unique on there web site from other mmo sites.

EverQuest 2 is more complicated than any other mmo to follow.  In all the years they released so many expansions, making it near imposable for a new player to began.  So many starting zones, maps left to figure out like a jig saw puzzle.  This stuff is hard to follow and for me at least, discourages me for even trying......Frustration that causes me to drop any idea of playing it at all. 

I can't seem to put into words the cumbersome web site but I'll try :

The theme behind it seem to give a classic style and that's fine.  But the layout talks about old and new content as if it were blended together and impossible to get an accurate feel of where the game is now.  Maybe the motive is to cause the new player to buy everything and figure things out in game, I'm not sure.

It has no overall Synopsis to explain the game.  Instead everything is drop down boxes and developers patch notes.  Even trying to read the Forums tends to cater to the veteran, leaving the new reader without answers.  Now I've seen other mmo sites using this format somewhat, but it's doesn't work for a complicated expansion filled mmo such as this. 

To make a long story short. The web site seems tailored for Veterans of the game only.

• NazloklessNazlokless Member UncommonPosts: 40

I want to play it but I have issues with the client where when i zone it thows me to character select screen, happens on the EU, US and Beta server, been trying to get a fix for a week out of daybreak but to no avail, EQ2 ran great for years and years and then one day boom issue that cannot be resolved, it happens on both my main pc and my gaming laptop too. But they wont look into it being there issue and just keep asking me to update my graphics drivers lol.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Nazlokless

I want to play it but I have issues with the client where when i zone it thows me to character select screen, happens on the EU, US and Beta server, been trying to get a fix for a week out of daybreak but to no avail, EQ2 ran great for years and years and then one day boom issue that cannot be resolved, it happens on both my main pc and my gaming laptop too. But they wont look into it being there issue and just keep asking me to update my graphics drivers lol.

The games a mess, it always was, and always will be.

From bad coding to 15 or so expansions to patches.  Pressing the startup icon on your desktop is like an adventure in it's self. Will it start or not ?   Like back in the 1980's.

Yes I'm exaggerating, but not by much !

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

No issues here the game runs fine for me. Make sure you have downloaded the game and are not doing the streaming option. 

You probably did but just thought I'd mention it anyways. Good luck in getting it fixed before Tuesday.  

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

have to agree the game runs rubbish if using the streaming option .it lags horribly .i reinstalled it for this new server but clicked the play button as soon as it became avaliable and the lag!

left it overnight to fully download and the difference ,no lag at all.