Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is WoW bad?

i personally wish to know why is WoW bad?

Ive been playing WoW for about a year, and i dont play 7 hours straight every day, i play Casually, and every time i play it i get bored quick. i dont know but back in the day it was fun, but now i play and i just dont care anymore. and i have to say the Endgame content is the worst which is another reason i started to hate it. but i want to hear what the rest of you guys think about WoW.

Comments

• Exnor009Exnor009 Member Posts: 154

Well...there just WoW haters and MOSTLY Guild War lovers. But I do get bored of it also and I always come back I wish I can just make up my mind

I guess I can go back to WoW, But anyway the PvP kinda suks because there already is PvP in every server. So there is no reason of making normal or PvE server's. Well there is a reason for making Roleplaying for the people who like roleplaying in guilds and such...anyway thats anotehr reason why people dont like WoW.

• AudrielleAudrielle Member Posts: 62

It seems you are just asking people to validate your opinion that the game is "bad."  Although I actually think the game is fun, I will just toss out some feedback.

What makes WoW fun for most players is also the reason it is "bad" to others.  It is a very simple, easy, linear game (quest until you hit 60, then you are done).  It has a very tedious, superficial economy and gameplay mechanics.  Since it basically rips from what people liked about Ultima and Everquest, there is nothing really innovative about WoW.  For that reason, the game will inevitably lead to boredom, and the only way for WoW to keep players involved is to add new endgame content. 

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

WoW is not bad, it is the best tutorial out there.

It repeat every mistakes and every good move the competition does.  It end in raiding, which is quite nasty considering getting there is done in no time, since after all, we are talking of the tutorial of the MMOs.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552
    I just started WoW about a 6 days ago.  It's pretty fun so far, I must say that I'm sick of hearing about Chuck Norris though.  I'm also tired of getting challenged to duel every time I walk past a group of people.  Oh well, I'm having fun right now and that's all that matters.
  • yeliabyeliab Member Posts: 4
    Wish I could just get started.  This game is certainly frustrating trying to break into it.  New player that can not even get a char created.   image
  • JargoneciusJargonecius Member UncommonPosts: 39

Well, the way I see it one of the major problems with WoW is that to do anything in the endgame you must be a raider.

If you want to PvP effectively you must have epics obtained through raiding as other epics are completely obsolete in comparison. With the release of A'Q even the Grand Marshal Weapons pale in comparison to The Staff of the Ruins (From TWENTY MAN) and Dark Edge of Insanity.

If you want to Craft effectively you must be a raider as most of the end-game crafted items require components only obtainable through raids. The items that do not are: Lionheart Helmet, Stronghold Gauntlets, Belt of the Archmage, Spellpower Gloves, Robe of the Archmage, Robe of the Void, Truefaith Vestments, Shifting Cloak, Hide of the Wild, Chromatic Cloak.

If Blizzard added items of similar quality to raiding obtained items that required obscene amounts of work equivelent to that of a raider then their problems may be alleviated. However from the looks of it they're intent on giving raiders better and better items leaving those of us who do not, can not, or will not raid left in the dust. This is evident by the apperance of Naxrammas in 1.11.

Though I think WoW was a good thing, it brought players of Diablo and Warcraft into the fantastic world of MMOs, and once they start thinking "Huh... I wonder if there are any games that cater to so and so playstyle better." they will migrate away.

Here's what I think will happen with World of Warcraft:

-Non-raiders will get fed up being left in the dust, whether in PvP, crafting or even PvE and begin to leave the game. People who also are upset that a World of WARcraft has been turned into a dungeon crawl will likely quit as well, this was part of the reason for my departure.

-Once Non-raiders are gone, the raiders who simply raid for the sole purpose of gathering items will get bored with the game because the easy targets who once populated the battlegrounds will be non-existant and they will be  back where they started before their raiding life began. They will grow bored of this and begin to quit as well.

-You are left with a very small percent of your original population, perhaps too small, Blizzard will HAVE to do something because with the monstrous amounts of servers this small amount of people can't pay for all of them, servers will have mandatory transfers.

In the end, WoW will look a lot like Asheron's Call 2. I for one, have vowed to not give Blizzard even a penny even to save their lives until they get their act together.

"Your mom is my champion... just without the c... or the a... or the m... the p... the i... and now that you mention it, no, no n either."

• Look, WoW is a great game leveling up, doing quests or not, after reaching 60 you'll understand what all of these people are saying about it being bad, you can't do anything beyond that unless you have a large guild doing raids everyday, basicly you must find a large guild, and large guilds don't recruit people they don't know ( most of the time ), so you'll be left alone out there, and when you PVP you'll only face a guy or people that has super epic gear which you'll have 0% chance of winning against them.

THAT is why the game is bad.

• croyalcroyal Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by ob1sr

Look, WoW is a great game leveling up, doing quests or not, after reaching 60 you'll understand what all of these people are saying about it being bad, you can't do anything beyond that unless you have a large guild doing raids everyday, basicly you must find a large guild, and large guilds don't recruit people they don't know ( most of the time ), so you'll be left alone out there, and when you PVP you'll only face a guy or people that has super epic gear which you'll have 0% chance of winning against them.
    THAT is why the game is bad.

are you bipolar perhaps?  in one post you complain about raids not being big enough now they are too big.....just wondering and a guild that does engame stuff is no way shape or form hard to find just learn how to MAKE friends and learn about the big "uber" instance before you run it.

im not over powered! look it took me 10 minutes to kill that guy

• ChouChou Member Posts: 3

I originally was a GuildWars player, it was my first mmorpg (besides Runescape, if you want to count that). I thought the game was great, it kept me entertained and the graphics were appealing. That is, until I started playing World of Warcraft. The game play of GuildWars was completely too linear, and I was fed up with the many invisible walls that the game is plagued with.

There are reasons for making PvE servers. Reason being..some people don't feel like getting ganked three times while completing one simple quest. The only way to battle a player one-on-one without going to the battlegrounds on a PvE server is if they are flagged, which makes questing not such a burden. I myself, have played on both a PvE and PvP server, it just really depends on the type of gamer that you are.

True, the end game content is based on raiding, and granted, Blizz does need to come out with some non-raiding content to keep the non-raiders happy.

For now, I am very happy with WoW, and will continue to play it.

• ChouChou Member Posts: 3

image Didn't mean to post that twice.

• Originally posted by croyal

are you bipolar perhaps?  in one post you complain about raids not being big enough now they are too big.....just wondering and a guild that does engame stuff is no way shape or form hard to find just learn how to MAKE friends and learn about the big "uber" instance before you run it.

when did i say that raids weren't big enough ? also please learn some english your grammer and spelling are so bad, you damaged my brain cells.
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by croyal
    are you bipolar perhaps? in one post you complain about raids not being big enough now they are too big.....just wondering and a guild that does engame stuff is no way shape or form hard to find just learn how to MAKE friends and learn about the big "uber" instance before you run it.

Originally posted by ob1sr
    when did i say that raids weren't big enough ? also please learn some english your grammer and spelling are so bad, you damaged my brain cells.

Pot ... meet Kettle. gg ::::28::

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• wowGruewowGrue Member Posts: 1

WoW is in no way a bad game :D

but in the endgame u do need a guild, and a good guild.

the way i see it is, WoW is 2 games, one from lvl 1 to 60, here we got a normal leveling game, no big deal, it is easy and has alot of blizard humor to it :D

then when u hit lvl 60, the game begins, now u mission is to get to know u class, get better items and learn how to play in a 40 man raid, learning taktiks and alot more - but for all this u need a guild, there are teh elite guilds ho raid 7 days a week, but it is fare from all of them, there is alot of guilds mad for ppl with a job and a life AFK :D

i my self have been playing WoW from day one, and i still love it, there are allways a new thing to do, u just have to keep u eyes open :D

ps. if u find any spelling mistakes, u may keep them :D

Grue

• alatingalating Member Posts: 2

If you want to be a winner on the WOW game,you need more gold,I am glad to tell you that a good place to buy WOW gold:
    www.shinygame.com
    (wow gold 1000g=EUR90.99,leveling1-60=EUR208.09)
    you can contact us at:
    email:[email protected]
    msn:[email protected]

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by Jargonecius

Well, the way I see it one of the major problems with WoW is that to do anything in the endgame you must be a raider.
    If you want to PvP effectively you must have epics obtained through raiding as other epics are completely obsolete in comparison. With the release of A'Q even the Grand Marshal Weapons pale in comparison to The Staff of the Ruins (From TWENTY MAN) and Dark Edge of Insanity.
    If you want to Craft effectively you must be a raider as most of the end-game crafted items require components only obtainable through raids. The items that do not are: Lionheart Helmet, Stronghold Gauntlets, Belt of the Archmage, Spellpower Gloves, Robe of the Archmage, Robe of the Void, Truefaith Vestments, Shifting Cloak, Hide of the Wild, Chromatic Cloak.
    If Blizzard added items of similar quality to raiding obtained items that required obscene amounts of work equivelent to that of a raider then their problems may be alleviated. However from the looks of it they're intent on giving raiders better and better items leaving those of us who do not, can not, or will not raid left in the dust. This is evident by the apperance of Naxrammas in 1.11.
    Though I think WoW was a good thing, it brought players of Diablo and Warcraft into the fantastic world of MMOs, and once they start thinking "Huh... I wonder if there are any games that cater to so and so playstyle better." they will migrate away.
    Here's what I think will happen with World of Warcraft:
    -Non-raiders will get fed up being left in the dust, whether in PvP, crafting or even PvE and begin to leave the game. People who also are upset that a World of WARcraft has been turned into a dungeon crawl will likely quit as well, this was part of the reason for my departure.
    -Once Non-raiders are gone, the raiders who simply raid for the sole purpose of gathering items will get bored with the game because the easy targets who once populated the battlegrounds will be non-existant and they will be  back where they started before their raiding life began. They will grow bored of this and begin to quit as well.
    -You are left with a very small percent of your original population, perhaps too small, Blizzard will HAVE to do something because with the monstrous amounts of servers this small amount of people can't pay for all of them, servers will have mandatory transfers.
    In the end, WoW will look a lot like Asheron's Call 2. I for one, have vowed to not give Blizzard even a penny even to save their lives until they get their act together.

well said.  Also, non-raiders' only way to feel "l33T" for once is making twinks for 10-19 or 20-29 bg with expensive enchants so they can kick some asses like the epic geared level 60s.  Also, I like to make one final comment for the raiders: good luck spending hours farming for more epic gear since they are adding new TIER sets in the future so your old previous gear will become blue also the level cap will be raised to 70.  So spend your life getting to GM/HWL again for new PVP sets and continue wasting your life raiding for more BOP epic gear with your guildies.

Originally posted by alating

If you want to be a winner on the WOW game,you need more gold,I am glad to tell you that a good place to buy WOW gold:
    www.shinygame.com
    (wow gold 1000g=EUR90.99,leveling1-60=EUR208.09)
    you can contact us at:
    email:[email protected]
    msn:[email protected]

LOL

Originally posted by wowGrue

the way i see it is, WoW is 2 games, one from lvl 1 to 60, here we got a normal leveling game, no big deal, it is easy and has alot of blizard humor to it :D
    then when u hit lvl 60, the game begins, now u mission is to get to know u class, get better items and learn how to play in a 40 man raid, learning taktiks and alot more - but for all this u need a guild, there are teh elite guilds ho raid 7 days a week, but it is fare from all of them, there is alot of guilds mad for ppl with a job and a life AFK :D
    i my self have been playing WoW from day one, and i still love it, there are allways a new thing to do, u just have to keep u eyes open :D

Looks like the more you raid, the dumber you get ...
  • uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125

I have to say WoW is one of the better gmaes iv played and this is my 4th online one excluding all the betas i played
    good job on making your own flaming post

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

I don't like WOW, why? There are many reasons.

First I hate WoW as a game since it has changed many other mmorpg's that tries to copy WoW and the results only gets disasterous, they add like sould bound stuff and look at how SWG turned out like an ugly WoW copy.

I'm horrified everyone sees WoW as the ultimate game only because so many plays it, but the true reasons they do not understand and thinks none of making a game of their own. Everyone wants to taste the honey don't they? No matter what they have to do.

THen when it comes to the game itself I just find the WoW world extremely boring, I have always been on the StarCraft side and SWG side when it comes to RTS and MMORPGS, which means games that requires skills and are complicated to learn, but also has an extreme deep and sandbox contents.

The reason I don't like WoW is because it is the casual players paradise (easy to play), it requires small skills and time overweights skills.

Then there is another reason which is that WoW is like more than a maffia than a game, since it's not really something you truly play for joy, when you play it is often hardcore grind or instance raids all over and over again for items, since WoW is so item based in many aspects ...

Also I like character customization, which WoW does have little of.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Originally posted by DuraheLL

I don't like WOW, why? There are many reasons.
    First I hate WoW as a game since it has changed many other mmorpg's that tries to copy WoW and the results only gets disasterous, they add like sould bound stuff and look at how SWG turned out like an ugly WoW copy.
    I'm horrified everyone sees WoW as the ultimate game only because so many plays it, but the true reasons they do not understand and thinks none of making a game of their own. Everyone wants to taste the honey don't they? No matter what they have to do.
    THen when it comes to the game itself I just find the WoW world extremely boring, I have always been on the StarCraft side and SWG side when it comes to RTS and MMORPGS, which means games that requires skills and are complicated to learn, but also has an extreme deep and sandbox contents.
    The reason I don't like WoW is because it is the casual players paradise (easy to play), it requires small skills and time overweights skills.
    Then there is another reason which is that WoW is like more than a maffia than a game, since it's not really something you truly play for joy, when you play it is often hardcore grind or instance raids all over and over again for items, since WoW is so item based in many aspects ...
    Also I like character customization, which WoW does have little of.

well.....i dont see how you can say any MMO requires skill. the way i see it the only thing you need is knowlege and a few macros and you can be one of the best players, this doesnt only go for WoW but every MMO out there where the twitch factor is very limited and all there is, is numbers.

Originally posted by wowGrue

You absolutely REEK of fanboy and Blizzard Paychecks.

"Your mom is my champion... just without the c... or the a... or the m... the p... the i... and now that you mention it, no, no n either."

Originally posted by Jargonecius

You absolutely REEK of fanboy and Blizzard Paychecks.

i highly doubt that Blizzard would pay someone to post on a sight where a maxium of 100 people look at any given thread...but then again they have the money.

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

Well its not like they are doing anything productive with the subscribers money. So I really wouldn't doubt that they'd pay people to go and do something like that.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

Double post.::::06::

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

Originally posted by Kyoruto

Well its not like they are doing anything productive with the subscribers money. So I really wouldn't doubt that they'd pay people to go and do something like that.

Hahaha, you have a very valid point!

Now I have to clean the soda off my monitor.