Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which of these MMORPGs to give another try?

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Sometimes these days I feel like playing a MMORPG again. I have played a number of MMORPGs somewhat and want to give one of those another decent try. Which one would you recommend?

Rift

My highest character was about level 35 or 38 I think.

I liked the character graphics and the skill system. 

I stopped playing because the landscape graphics seemed very sterile, the questing generic and there wasn't much of a choice where to level up.

Guild Wars 2

My highest character was also about level 35 I think.

I like the graphics in general and the questing system. But the crafting system seemed very convoluted somehow, and my characters have little bank space and tons of stuff in it of which I don't  know what I need and what I don't, so I'd probably have to first invest an hour or two just sorting inventory.

Tera

I liked the combat system, though I'm not much of a fan of those anime like characters. Also got a character level in the thirties I think. I once stopped playing for a while, and when I came back, entire questing areas where I was in had been completely altered and entire quest change removed, so I was entirely confused. Since all characters level up in the same areas with the same quests, I didn't feel like going through all that a second time.

Age of Conan

Bought it when it was new, got disappointed, and never really tried it again. I like the graphics, but all those loading screens and invisible walls really turned me off.

World of Warcraft

The MMORPG I played the most. Last time I played I gave the last expansion a try and I maxed a character there to the new level cap. Then I raided a bit, but somehow there wasn't new content coming out fast enough for me to consider the subscription worth it, so I canceled my account. Now there is a new zone I think and some new raids, but I'm not sure if that is really enough.

Fallen Earth

I had LP series about it, and even though I like the game, I don't really feel like continueing that series right now, and I don't want to start from scratch either.

I also don't plan to pay more than necessary. So for WoW a one month subscription and for the F2P games nothing, though I bought all of them before they went F2P, so I got some bonus character slots and stuff for some of them.

Which one would you suggest?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I'd say none of the above.  Recommend you go with TSW, ESO or even SWTOR.

EVE if you've never tried it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62

I would Also suggest Eve Online if you really want something deep, pvp and crafting oriented. In the more generic MMO my best expérience is Swtor. the story is amazing. 

• klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103

What exactly are you looking to do?

PvE? Hard core raid every night? Log in, do a few quests, log out? Explore? RP? PvP? Do you want a game where you need to apply to a job, er guild, to do endgame stuff? 

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by klemmbob

PvE? Hard core raid every night? Log in, do a few quests, log out? Explore? RP? PvP? Do you want a game where you need to apply to a job, er guild, to do endgame stuff? 

I don't have a lot of spare time, because of work. So I'd just like to explore the world, do some crafting, some quests, dungeons, and every now and then a raid if it doesn't take far too long (like more than two hours or something).

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by maji
    Originally posted by klemmbob

I don't have a lot of spare time, because of work. So I'd just like to explore the world, do some crafting, some quests, dungeons, and every now and then a raid if it doesn't take far too long (like more than two hours or something).

Try ESO

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Have you tried EQ2?