Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of how things will be on the Everquest 2 Time Locked Servers (PVP)

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

Following info and responses can be found here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/pvp-time-locked-expansion-server-feedback.561634/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PVP

Please see the PvE TLE thread for general issues/feedback that will affect the PvP server as well. This thread is specifically for issues that are not covered in the PvE TLE thread.

First, a quick note: The goal for the Time-Locked Expansion server is to bring us back to launch as near as possible. Now, obviously there will be some differences, and that doesn't mean we won't be making any changes, however it does mean we won't be making them without careful consideration. Limiting the knee-jerk reaction fixes as it were. Otherwise we'll end up having everything the as it was originally, except that, and that, oh and that until we can't tell the difference between Deathtoll and Nagafen.

1. Mount types - Flying, leaping and gliding will not be made available on TLE PvP servers.
  2. Infamy and Titles - Fixed the bug that allowed players to gain infamy from people more then 1 title level above or below them. This should also have fixed the bug that prevented Infamy loss on death. This should also correct that bug on Nagafen.
  3. Infamy Bar - Not going anywhere.
  4. PvP Spell Templates - We have removed the vast majority of PvP spell templates, in almost all cases. What this means is that there will be no differences between a PvE, and a PvP use of a spell, except where dictated by code.
  5. Appearance slots - Voted off of the island. If you are going to be a plate tank who tries to look like a mage, you are going to have to take the mitigation hit to do so.
  6. CC Duration - CC duration is entirely based off of it's PvE duration. Your immunity is x2 the duration of the CC. So if you get mezzed for 5 minutes, you have a 10 minute immunity to being mezzed again. Immunity is based on the duration of the ability, not how long you were under the effect.
  7. CC Duration addendum - Pumice Stones are now available in game from the city merchant for gold and status, which can self cure charm.
  8. City PVP rules general - City PvP rules have been returned to an approximation of launch code, which means you can be attacked by anyone of any level, but you are no longer prevented from attacking others.
  9. City PVP rules/level ranges in city dungeons - City adventure areas (not the city itself) and Darklight woods will be reduced to a 4 level PvP range. All other zones will stay 8 level.
  10. Exile - Was voted off the island. Neriak's betrayal NPC was fixed to stop being a dirty cheater in a recent beta update. We're discussing options to allow all classes on each faction.
    1. After lots of feedback and discussion, we have decided to allow Exile. If there is enough demand to bring a second PvP TLE server up, the second server will not allow exile.
  11. Level Locking - Staying. Fixed the bug that caused PvP kills to continue granting XP despite disabling.
  12. PvP immunity - This was reduced to 20 seconds recently, which is short enough and should still give even the slowest zoner time to prepare or call to home after zoning/reviving. We aren't going to reduce this any further, as it runs the risk of someone getting into a revive/killed loop without any recourse to escape.
  13. Tracking - Should not be able to open a new tracking window while in PvP combat after the next beta update.
  14. Warfields - Should no longer be spawning as of the next beta update. The code for these is stuffed all over the place, so if it comes up again it won't surprise me, but we'll track them down as they happen.
  15. Chat Channels/Mail - The Beta PvP server does not have a chat server, which is why there are no global channels and why mail does not work. That will not be the case for live.
  16. Cross Faction Chat - Will be disabled.
  17. Auto engage when attacked - Not going to happen without a server vote after the TLE servers are live.
  18. Revive/Resurrection Sickness - Duration is not going to be reduced.
  19. Return to bind on PvP death - Travel time would make this silly.
  20. Procs that cannot be used in PvP combat - This should be addressed, but it's a time intensive task.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

This list is nothing for an EQ2 noob.

It basically tells Zero, same as the clustered web site.

1 ) What expansion will the game be played in ?....... For the players that know very little of EQ2, How many expansions in from the original game will this be ?

2) Will there be a cash shop, because if so this would change everything for a lot of potential players !

If true with release on the 7/21, how about some real information.......Or is this game only for Veterans !

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

I believe they are going to start from the start. This is the best time for a noob to get into the game as nothing is overly complicated yet. Each coming expansion will be voted on every 30-60 days and if its voted not to open you wait another 30-60 days to vote again. From what I am reading looks like players are going to stop the game around the Rise of Kunark expansion (maybe even sooner) and not allow it to progress any further than that as those were the glory days of PVP. 

I was there for around 4-5 years and it was some of the funnest  PVP I've ever played. The reason being is you can level lock your character, lots of folks locked around level 14 and then accumulated AA (alternate advancement) experience to increase their skills. Then you'd be this low level character that was super powerful with AA abilities. This worked because the PVP can only happen in a level range say 8 or 4 levels above or below your own. So if you took your time level locked and gathered as many AA's as possible you are going to be more powerful than a guy just trying to rush through content. Add that with the ability of some classes being able to track other players and go into stealth and it's a lot of fun. 

Happy gaming if you decide to jump into this one. 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Thanks,

I've been waiting over a week for info like this.  It's hard to read the web site.  Hope no cash shop if not, I would like to play this, I'll give to next weekend to see how things are going.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Pvp i am not interested in at all.

As far as PVE,it is slightly,barely doable without paying a ton of money.We will have to see how those bags fair out over time,if you have to rent them every month then it is a crap system.I know they give out loot drops like candy,MOST of which is vendor trash,it actually gets annoying cleaning out 6 bags after only an hour of gaming.I am quite certain they did that on purpose.

To me the entire idea looks sloppy and i don't  see a purpose for it,not like EQ2 every changed much past the first initial change.What they are actually doing is PRETENDING to roll back because having no stats is like present day,which imo is a LAZY game design.It looks like they are simply making the worst possible version of their game,i don't see that as a positive.

None the less as much as Daybreak/Soe is a terrible developer ,the game is fairly enjoyable and as i said can be done if you can find a group of 6 static players,likely needing 2 healers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I am not a big fan of Everquest in general, but I like where Daybreak is going with these new servers. I wish other games restarted servers here and there with new rules, or different xp rates, etc.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile