Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Derek Smart Ranting About CIG, Star Citizen, Etc

WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508

http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/17/derek-smart-has-fresh-demands-for-star-citizen-threatens-to-take-drama-to-the-new-york-times/

What peaked my interest, though, is his use of "army of white knight backers," ...

A few people have been throwing that term out around here...

Check this out:

“These bastards, most of whom were probably running around in diapers, rubbing poo-dipped hands on their faces, when I was earning my chops as a hardcore Internet Warlord, simply don’t know who they’re dealing with,”  - Derek Smart

I want to test something:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

Comments

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by SBFord

This whole issue has been covered in multiple threads and in at least a pair of extensive news articles here, not to mention our own podcast interview with Mr. Smart.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/35622/Star-Citizen-Smart-Offers-1M-to-Investigate-RSI-Responds-to-Concerns.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/883/view/news/page/1/read/35572/Star-Citizen-Should-We-Question-RSI-Star-Citizen-Derek-Smart-Thinks-So.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/883/view/news/page/1/read/35604/Star-Citizen-Game-On-69-Derek-Smart-Speaks-Out-on-Star-Citizen.html

True, however this is a new issue where Derek Smart is directly insulting anyone that dare defend Chris Roberts, CIG, and Star Citizen. Even though it 'relates' to the other ones we both know that this needs to be highlighted due to context.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Warley

http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/17/derek-smart-has-fresh-demands-for-star-citizen-threatens-to-take-drama-to-the-new-york-times/

What peaked my interest, though, is his use of "army of white knight backers," ...

A few people have been throwing that term out around here...

Check this out:

“These bastards, most of whom were probably running around in diapers, rubbing poo-dipped hands on their faces, when I was earning my chops as a hardcore Internet Warlord, simply don’t know who they’re dealing with,”  - Derek Smart

I want to test something:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

Same ole same ole.

Me: Hi toaster, how are you?

Toaster: Derek Smart

Me: Do you make toast?

Me: Do you toast pop tarts too?

Toaster: Derek Smart.

Me: How about waffles?

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Haha.....Derek Smart does a rant and suddenly he is all relevant with mmorpg.com giving him a full jounalistic backing.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Crowdfunding suddenly went from the trouble of deadline with one publisher to several thousand publishers all crying to know how their bucks are spent.

and suddenly people are investors......haha..... You bought a dream you thought was your own, now realize that all backers have different dreams but only one can be perfect. So its all valid to question this, but Any investor knows not to put money in a dream if you dont dare the risk of it becoming something Else.

oh Derek plz save my 25 bucks from maluse.....or should I say go make one decent game for once if you got the brains for it?

Anyways.... This drama is Even better than the old high school superdramas :)

I've never had this much entertainment for 25 bucks ever, and the game hasn't Even launched :)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The problem is that people are now focusing on Smart, who is frankly a jerk, rather than focusing on the problems of Star Citizen.

I mean they are using this loudmouth to discredit any valid concern about the game.

Harbinger of Fools
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

OMG Warley... How many threads are you going to start about this?  It's like your 10th thread about the same garbage!

Please, just STOP.  It's enough.  We get it, you love Star Citizen and CIG, and you hate Darek Smart.  You haven't provided any valuable information or valid arguments for anything, let you continue to sit here and complain about this man while completely denying the issues he raises.

Why does the staff continue to allow this guy (Warley) to rant over and over on the forums about this?

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by brihtwulf

OMG Warley... How many threads are you going to start about this?  It's like your 10th thread about the same garbage!

Please, just STOP.  It's enough.  We get it, you love Star Citizen and CIG, and you hate Darek Smart.  You haven't provided any valuable information or valid arguments for anything, let you continue to sit here and complain about this man while completely denying the issues he raises.

Why does the staff continue to allow this guy (Warley) to rant over and over on the forums about this?

Silence lawful good paladin of misfortune.

We who believe in chaos affirms that There is no need for value in information or arguments, or Any rules whatsoever for a discussion to start. Such anti-chaoticness must be exterminated with extreme prejudice..... Oh wait........

Originally posted by brihtwulf

Pick an argument that you're calling is a rant, then let's discuss that. Assertion != fact, so all your 'assertions' need to be backed up to become facts. So, please, pick one of my arguments here (any) and let's discuss it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Good work Warley, the Master will be very pleased with your dedication.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    OP that's actually a pretty bad ads quote there by Derek. Lol poo-dipped hands.

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'm going to start with this article to sort of jot your memory:

http://www.sickenger.com/articles/the_making_of_darkfall/

You have a wonderful history on here (MMORPG.com) of taking this particular position and being COMPLETELY WRONG. 

Please continue though.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Victor_Kruger

Too funny...................LMAO!

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Warley
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'm going to start with this article to sort of jot your memory:

http://www.sickenger.com/articles/the_making_of_darkfall/

You have a wonderful history on here (MMORPG.com) of taking this particular position and being COMPLETELY WRONG. 

Please continue though.

We get it, you don't like Derek Smart.  You don't need to make numerous threads about him.  You are actually promoting him as much as slamming him.

This discussion has been closed.