Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Populated MMORPG?

BlazebyteBlazebyte Member CommonPosts: 9

Hello.

I'm just wondering a good MMORPG with a good population / playerbase would be? Me and my friend are looking for a new MMORPG to play that isnt WoW.

Graphics / p2p / b2p / f2p doesn't matter. We just want something decent and good with a population and something active.

Im mainly asking here for your guys opinions, as I value opinions of others and this site seemed most appropriate to get opinions of this type.

Any suggestions that isnt WoW, runescape or gw2?

Thanks all!

Comments

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Gorgon Online has a small (13-30 people on at any one time) player base. However the game world is not the large so you will always see people running around as it might look in a larger game. If you want players that are almost always active ( I think most of them don't actually require sleep) , outgoing, mostly friendly, and very community oriented...I can't think of a better game at the moment. It's also an insanely interesting game. For instance: My character on there is an Armored Cow, that is also a Druid, that moves like sonic the hedgehog, and is a popular published author. And, I never intended for my character to be any of that starting out (the initial plan was a male fire mage). It just kind of happened.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

ESO, TERA, SWTOR and FFXIV are probably the most populated MMOs out there after WoW. The latter two play pretty similar, while ESO and TERA are more action based.

Normally I would've suggested Neverwinter  as well, since it's always been fairly active, but Mod 6 pulled a real number on the population and I'm not sure if it has recovered from that yet. (Since I haven't gone back in a while)

Rift and ArcheAge also make good alternatives, as does Defiance or Firefall if you want an MMOFPS (that only goes for the latter two, Rift and AA are classic MMOs).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Wildstar and Blade and Soul will be coming out in a couple of months too and both will be f2p.

Trove just launched so you can check that out if you are a creative type

• gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Vardahoth
    Originally posted by Blazebyte

Hello.

I'm just wondering a good MMORPG with a good population / playerbase would be? Me and my friend are looking for a new MMORPG to play that isnt WoW.

Graphics / p2p / b2p / f2p doesn't matter. We just want something decent and good with a population and something active.

Im mainly asking here for your guys opinions, as I value opinions of others and this site seemed most appropriate to get opinions of this type.

Any suggestions that isnt WoW, runescape or gw2?

Thanks all!

Plenty of popular WoW clones out there:

Tera

Rift

FFXIV

ESO

Archeage

You don't have to look hard.

Agreed with this.

• lunalovebadlunalovebad Member CommonPosts: 19

Here's my list of recommended games. 

1. Dekaron

2. Guild wars 2

3. Aion

3. Rohan Blood Feud

4. Forsaken World

5. Perfect World

6. Dragon nest

7. Lineage

8. Echo of Soul

9. Tree of Saviour

10. Blade and Soul

11. Black desert

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by lunalovebad

1. Dekaron

2. Guild wars 2

3. Aion

3. Rohan Blood Feud

4. Forsaken World

5. Perfect World

6. Dragon nest

7. Lineage

8. Echo of Soul

9. Tree of Saviour

10. Blade and Soul

11. Black desert

cool thanks for the suggestions.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Tera is a good choice. Open world and lots of players.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by lunalovebad

1. Dekaron

2. Guild wars 2

3. Aion

3. Rohan Blood Feud

4. Forsaken World

5. Perfect World

6. Dragon nest

7. Lineage

8. Echo of Soul

9. Tree of Saviour

10. Blade and Soul

11. Black desert

List needs more Asian MMOS

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I couldn't recommend FFXIV enough. Very polished and has attention to detail, more than WoW IMO. Lots of activities and different ways to level, which is nice because you can level all classes and trades from one character.

Other games listed such as ESO, TERA, GW2, etc. are good as well.