Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Season 10.5 to Debut with Armadas in Tow

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Star Trek Online has been patched with the half-season update that brings both a new narrative called "The Broken Circle" featuring actors from Deep Space Nine and Voyager, and the new Armada feature into the game. (Ed Note: "Holodeck is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible." This posted at 7:00 Eastern Thanks ccmclaugh for the update!).

Following the launch of Season 10 – The Iconian War, the mid-season launch focuses on enhancements to the fleet system including the introduction of armadas – allowing a group of fleets to join forces and provide additional avenues for players to work together to gain new rewards.

Read the full details on the Star Trek Online page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ccmclaughccmclaugh Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Now live? "Holodeck is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible." This is the message that has been on the launcher most of the day. No worries. this is typical of STO updates. They never seem to be able to get them right the first time.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    STO hasnt been shut down yet?...Talk about one of the great MMO disappointments....They must have a very dedicated player base.
  • jaxomejaxome Member UncommonPosts: 76
    super scary dedicated which is why I wish anyone else would make another startrek mmo and do it even kinda better then this crap and ill give em a sub lol screw this game though and the people that run it currently
  • staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Shut down? No. Very popular and gets regular updates.
    3rd expansion is being worked on.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member UncommonPosts: 12

4 comments ahead of me and 2 of them are trolls, how special. If you dont like it or play it, dont bother commenting on its news, none of us that do care what you think.

As to the expansion,  now we just need to get the kdf fleets to communicate and band together so they can get some use from the Armada system.

• Protoman1Protoman1 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Kinda wish they would separate the the feature episodes from the feature updates. Would probably reduce the downtime. Though in this case I am not sure they could, with the new fleet holding being used as a set in the feature episode.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
    -Plato

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    As a lifetime member who left several months ago I have to laugh at all these "don't like it don't comment" people who don't seem to have logic down pat. First of all, if you pay good money and then your game is taken over by shareholderbots you too wouldn't be happy about it. Second, this game has been going downhill since Season 8. And finally, just ask science captains if you want to see just how imbalanced the game is. Science career still hasn't been fixed yet, almost all of the old useless skills are still in the science training even with the changes to training they couldn't be bothered with fixing the very thing that got Star Trek off the ground in the first place (uhm yeah science is what built the Warp Engine in the lore) so please wake me when they have people in charge who love this IP because the schills in there right now have no idea what they are doing. They are the JJ Abrams of the ST game development companies.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I have 3 mmo's I play---Swtor, Sto and ff14 the rest are a waste of time, if it doesn't have a good story I don't play it

• GammafluxGammaflux Member UncommonPosts: 5
    STO one of the best and most complete MMOs ever. I really dont understand people who loves just throw shit over good games just for the pleasure to be trolls. STO is great and really show the inner soul of the great sci fi saga.
  • GeorgeNoXGeorgeNoX Member UncommonPosts: 58
    STO is great and story is getting better with each update, i only wish that new ships would be easier to get other than paying money, and amount of dilithium needed to convert to ZEN in order to get any new ship is insane. But im still preety happy with my Star Cruiser, it is still one of the best looking ships in the game for me