Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Incredible!

Comments

• StellaAlamarrStellaAlamarr Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by danwest58

Ok so there has been a lot of typing from a few people.  

Personally I think it sucks that its action combat.  Sorry Folks but action combat means more twitch gaming which I cannot do anymore.  It was great when I was younger now that I am 35 already had one wrist I already had surgery on and the other will need it in the next year or 2.  So Twitch gaming is a big no, hell I cannot even play flight sims as well as I did years ago.

While they are looking to control the cash shop and what not I personally cannot see a company who has a F2P game saying NO I DO NOT WANT JOHN SMITH TO SPEND $5000 THIS MONTH TO BE THE BEST CRAFTER ON THIS SERVER!  Nope sorry I cannot accept F2P Sandboxes period.  I played UO and SWG and when I crafted I had made a killing on crafts because I prices stuff right and made good crafts (Rocket Launchers in SWG).  No real world money involved just PURE skill.  So no I cannot accept someone who can spend $5000 being a better crafter than me.   Yes RMT do happen, however getting a perma ban from the game for it makes up for it.  Yes SWG and UO Ban people for buying gold, I have known people that have been ban.  

Sad that 2 key things that will kill a game for me is in this one.  Not being Negative about the game itself, some people WILL like it.  I just refuse to play certain games.  F2P, B2P Nope, Cash shop Sandbox MMOs nope, Action Combat Nope, Full Loot Sandbox MMOs Nope, PVP focused MMO nope.  Again different strokes different folks

That's cool bro. Sorry the game isn't what you'd like to play but hopefully you'll find something that suits your tastes soon. ^^

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by austriacus
    Its a grinding game. You grind mobs non stop without quests from 50-60 (its the most cost effective way of leveling and making money) and get higher and higer gear to pvp with. Thats it. 

You just described every Asian MMO past, present, and future with that lol.

Too bad it's inaccurate. Grinding to make money is NOT the best way.. it is the most consistent, but in terms of silver earned per hour of gameplay, it is far from the fastest way to earn silver.

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by ankhfnkhonsu

Too bad it's inaccurate. Grinding to make money is NOT the best way.. it is the most consistent, but in terms of silver earned per hour of gameplay, it is far from the fastest way to earn silver.

In BDO trade is grind too, so that is accurate. Well, if that game is so amazing, may you tell me why it is number 82 in the Korean MMO chart? In Japan it will perform better, but not because of its gameplay, BDO characters editor is heaven for Otaku players. I doubt they care for anything else if their heroes can look so cute. In the rest of the world players care about the gameplay, so let get back to the question - why BDO is 82 in Korea

Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are based on the games being played in PARTICIPATING PC Bangs.. read: NOT ALL. This is no way represents the OVERALL trend of the game in the country. Especially considering BDO's high-end graphics requirements, time dedication, etc. I have also found multiple sources that show that PC Bang "rankings" are misleading at the very least and except in the case of games like LoL, SC2, etc. are completely wrong. But please, feel free to tell me how I am wrong.

• scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89

Oh by the way, if anyone was curious about what BDO would look like with the changes that people have suggested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOQrcejaBII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxUdo7RL9dw

That is from the Russian CBT, PvP enabled at low level, extremely reduced karma, GvG costs reduced to next to nothing.. This went on for the entire duration of the CBT. I watched the streams and it was a shit show. There were guilds of 100 people running around killing anyone they came across. If this happens in NA, I will stick with Korea.. just saying.

Looks great, I love chaotic PvP.

Oh Sir Ankhfckr,

I have a question for this greatest game, or perhaps greatest game to be. The leveling/grinding of monsters seems quite solo centric. Is it bad to group up, be it two, three or so players and level/grind together, or are there too many penalties? Also, please expand if there are different routes available, i.e. easy mobs for solo grinding and elite mobs for group grinding...

Thank you.

Originally posted by sciocco

Oh by the way, if anyone was curious about what BDO would look like with the changes that people have suggested:

That is from the Russian CBT, PvP enabled at low level, extremely reduced karma, GvG costs reduced to next to nothing.. This went on for the entire duration of the CBT. I watched the streams and it was a shit show. There were guilds of 100 people running around killing anyone they came across. If this happens in NA, I will stick with Korea.. just saying.

Oh Sir Ankhfckr,

I have a question for this greatest game, or perhaps greatest game to be. The leveling/grinding of monsters seems quite solo centric. Is it bad to group up, be it two, three or so players and level/grind together, or are there too many penalties? Also, please expand if there are different routes available, i.e. easy mobs for solo grinding and elite mobs for group grinding...

Thank you.

There is no reason not to group up. EXP does not seem nerfed, instead it is split between players (maybe with a bonus, I haven't done much testing), however, you are killing mobs much faster - especially if each person takes on their own group of mobs to to mitigate the amount of time that is spent running between them. I have definitely grouped up with people to take on harder content (i.e. red-purple mobs that were level 55 at level 51-53) in search of rare drops - there are non-instanced dungeons where elites drop some pretty cool stuff. You can set your loot to go to a temporary inventory and then fight over who gets the cool stuff when it happens.

You can also party with someone who is much higher level than yourself allowing them to power level you, however, you miss out on a lot of gear and don't have any contribution/energy so you'll have to go back and do some of the quests anyways.

As far as chaotic PvP goes, it may be fun at first, but I expect after a few days or weeks of that you would get pretty bored.. small group PvP and 1v1's really shine in BDO, it takes a lot of skill and knowledge of other classes.. when to avoid attack, animation recognition, player prediction, and team synergy.

P.S. If you're going to ask me a serious question, next time at least be polite and get my name right. Thanks.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Asian Grinder #83738573783849904095983490?

No thanks.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Oh Sir Ankhfckr,

Thank you.

There is no reason not to group up. EXP does not seem nerfed, instead it is split between players (maybe with a bonus, I haven't done much testing), however, you are killing mobs much faster - especially if each person takes on their own group of mobs to to mitigate the amount of time that is spent running between them. I have definitely grouped up with people to take on harder content (i.e. red-purple mobs that were level 55 at level 51-53) in search of rare drops - there are non-instanced dungeons where elites drop some pretty cool stuff. You can set your loot to go to a temporary inventory and then fight over who gets the cool stuff when it happens.

You can also party with someone who is much higher level than yourself allowing them to power level you, however, you miss out on a lot of gear and don't have any contribution/energy so you'll have to go back and do some of the quests anyways.

As far as chaotic PvP goes, it may be fun at first, but I expect after a few days or weeks of that you would get pretty bored.. small group PvP and 1v1's really shine in BDO, it takes a lot of skill and knowledge of other classes.. when to avoid attack, animation recognition, player prediction, and team synergy.

P.S. If you're going to ask me a serious question, next time at least be polite and get my name right. Thanks.

I'm just teasing you a bit since you are the resident BD info guru.

My favorite aspect of pvp is randomness so chaos is great for me, I can chaotic enjoy pvp until the end of time.

Anyway, I asked you about grouping because my least favorite thing about MMORPGs is playing solo. Based on what I know, ideally I'd play BD by leveling up with a small group of friends then I would grind mobs with a small group of friends (not necessarily the same people that I leveled with or each time) and GvG as much as possible. I can live with little or no OW pvp if the GvGing is fun. Large scale and small GvG I should add. No 1v1s though, I don't enjoy non-random 1v1s.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm most curious as to how the PvE challenge is solo and in groups.  Are you able to wade into 10 mobs and spam aoe's to win?  Or do you have pulling tactics, kiting tactics and have to use different methods to kill different types of mobs?

Oh Sir Ankhfckr,

Thank you.

My favorite aspect of pvp is randomness so chaos is great for me, I can chaotic enjoy pvp until the end of time.

Anyway, I asked you about grouping because my least favorite thing about MMORPGs is playing solo. Based on what I know, ideally I'd play BD by leveling up with a small group of friends then I would grind mobs with a small group of friends (not necessarily the same people that I leveled with or each time) and GvG as much as possible. I can live with little or no OW pvp if the GvGing is fun. Large scale and small GvG I should add. No 1v1s though, I don't enjoy non-random 1v1s.

Small and large scale guild wars are definitely happening all the time, and if you like chaotic PvP you will definitely like node wars, there are generally 10+ guilds fighting each other and it's really hectic a lot of the time. Korea just moved to a single server with many channels yesterday at this point I'm not really sure how the node wars are going to work with so many guilds fighting each other, but we'll see on Saturday :)

P.S. Before the merge, servers were named and there were 3 channels each, node wars/castle sieges only took place on channel 1.. after the merge there are named channels each with 3 numbers. So I'm not sure if node wars/castle sieges will take place on all the "#1 channels" or if it will be one specific channel.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by StellaAlamarr
    Originally posted by danwest58

Ok so there has been a lot of typing from a few people.  

Personally I think it sucks that its action combat.  Sorry Folks but action combat means more twitch gaming which I cannot do anymore.  It was great when I was younger now that I am 35 already had one wrist I already had surgery on and the other will need it in the next year or 2.  So Twitch gaming is a big no, hell I cannot even play flight sims as well as I did years ago.

While they are looking to control the cash shop and what not I personally cannot see a company who has a F2P game saying NO I DO NOT WANT JOHN SMITH TO SPEND $5000 THIS MONTH TO BE THE BEST CRAFTER ON THIS SERVER!  Nope sorry I cannot accept F2P Sandboxes period.  I played UO and SWG and when I crafted I had made a killing on crafts because I prices stuff right and made good crafts (Rocket Launchers in SWG).  No real world money involved just PURE skill.  So no I cannot accept someone who can spend $5000 being a better crafter than me.   Yes RMT do happen, however getting a perma ban from the game for it makes up for it.  Yes SWG and UO Ban people for buying gold, I have known people that have been ban.  

Sad that 2 key things that will kill a game for me is in this one.  Not being Negative about the game itself, some people WILL like it.  I just refuse to play certain games.  F2P, B2P Nope, Cash shop Sandbox MMOs nope, Action Combat Nope, Full Loot Sandbox MMOs Nope, PVP focused MMO nope.  Again different strokes different folks

That's cool bro. Sorry the game isn't what you'd like to play but hopefully you'll find something that suits your tastes soon. ^^

Thats why I like FFXIV Its not twitch and its not F2P.  Though I am free to say I wish this game didnt do these 2 things but thats ok.  Not going to negatively bash a game just because I dont like these things.  Just going to say its not for me but looks a little fun.  

Oh Sir Ankhfckr,

Thank you.

Small and large scale guild wars are definitely happening all the time, and if you like chaotic PvP you will definitely like node wars, there are generally 10+ guilds fighting each other and it's really hectic a lot of the time. Korea just moved to a single server with many channels yesterday at this point I'm not really sure how the node wars are going to work with so many guilds fighting each other, but we'll see on Saturday :)

P.S. Before the merge, servers were named and there were 3 channels each, node wars/castle sieges only took place on channel 1.. after the merge there are named channels each with 3 numbers. So I'm not sure if node wars/castle sieges will take place on all the "#1 channels" or if it will be one specific channel.

I'll probably try it when it comes NA then, wizard for sure.

Thank you for info.

Originally posted by Mardukk
    I'm most curious as to how the PvE challenge is solo and in groups.  Are you able to wade into 10 mobs and spam aoe's to win?  Or do you have pulling tactics, kiting tactics and have to use different methods to kill different types of mobs?

PvE in general is very easy, aside from bosses (until you are over geared) and elite mobs, everything else dies very quickly. But this is to be expected with how the gear system works. Essentially until level 30 or so you are pretty much only using base gear, and even after that you won't have even remotely decent gear until level 45+. At level 50 you will have to start enchanting your gear to solo 50+ mobs and I'd say anything under full +10 will have a lot of trouble with enemies in Media. When I was level 54 with +15 gear I tried to take on the hardest mobs in the game.. it didn't go very well, even with HP pots. That being said I would usually fight mobs that were 3-5 levels higher than me, if you want more of a challenge don't bring HP pots. However, when you get to your first bosses, I would definitely make sure to have HP pots with you or you are going to die.. a lot.. at least until you figure out their attacks (they change based on % of HP).

If I could only give one piece of advice to a new player, I would say to figure out which set of gear you are using and acquire that gear first. I wasted a lot of silver and time switching gear sets.. it was a mistake that I regretted. 

• Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37

What kind of garbage games has this guy been playing for the last 10 years to be so excited about autopathing, walking into npcs, wandering in town npcs, and crouching to sneak.

In BDO trade is grind too, so that is accurate. Well, if that game is so amazing, may you tell me why it is number 82 in the Korean MMO chart? In Japan it will perform better, but not because of its gameplay, BDO characters editor is heaven for Otaku players. I doubt they care for anything else if their heroes can look so cute. In the rest of the world players care about the gameplay, so let get back to the question - why BDO is 82 in Korea

Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are based on the games being played in PARTICIPATING PC Bangs.. read: NOT ALL. This is no way represents the OVERALL trend of the game in the country. Especially considering BDO's high-end graphics requirements, time dedication, etc. I have also found multiple sources that show that PC Bang "rankings" are misleading at the very least and except in the case of games like LoL, SC2, etc. are completely wrong. But please, feel free to tell me how I am wrong.

Nice, like usually you take some fact, mix it with delusion and at the end you make conclusion. Daum Kakao, the publisher of BDO is the owner of the biggest internet cafes chain in Korea. In all of these cafes you can play BDO on high end PCs. So your answer is completely wrong, try again please ;)

As for MOBAs, they are more popular than MMORPGs everywhere, LoL overcomes WoW in 4:1. But Lineage is number 3 in Gamenote,  Blade&Soul is 5th, Lineage 2 is 11th, WoW is 25th, Aion is 7th, ArcheAge is 29th. BDO was number 27 at its release in 2014. Now it is number 82. Please explain this fall.

Ikcin... it doesn't matter how large these cafes are, they are never going to compete with the population of the entire country. At this point it sounds like your just talking out of your rear. once again if you read his comment, Gamenote has a deal/partnership with SOME not ALL cafes in Korea. These may or may not include these cafes that you claim Daum owns. Honestly, you're going around in circles and you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. I have yet to see you post links, pics, etc. to back up anything you say. Getting your info from a website that bases it's rankings off of a fraction of internet cafes is like basing your information off of wikipedia.

Nice, like usually you take some fact, mix it with delusion and at the end you make conclusion. Daum Kakao, the publisher of BDO is the owner of the biggest internet cafes chain in Korea. In all of these cafes you can play BDO on high end PCs. So your answer is completely wrong, try again please ;)

As for MOBAs, they are more popular than MMORPGs everywhere, LoL overcomes WoW in 4:1. But Lineage is number 3 in Gamenote,  Blade&Soul is 5th, Lineage 2 is 11th, WoW is 25th, Aion is 7th, ArcheAge is 29th. BDO was number 27 at its release in 2014. Now it is number 82. Please explain this fall.

Ikcin... it doesn't matter how large these cafes are, they are never going to compete with the population of the entire country. At this point it sounds like your just talking out of your rear. once again if you read his comment, Gamenote has a deal/partnership with SOME not ALL cafes in Korea. These may or may not include these cafes that you claim Daum owns. Honestly, you're going around in circles and you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. I have yet to see you post links, pics, etc. to back up anything you say. Getting your info from a website that bases it's rankings off of a fraction of internet cafes is like basing your information off of wikipedia.

Dude, you are completely wrong. Most of the Koreans have not desktop computers. They play games in cafes. And Gamenote is the best and the most representative chart for MMOs in Korea, no matter what you think. Anyway nobody is talking to you. And my question to ankhfnkhonsu is to explain the fall of BDO in the chart.

Okay, you are referencing Gamenote. Fine, we'll base our argument off of Gamenote. You are talking about a Ranking that is categorized to 'Online Games' and not mmorpgs. This in and of itself has BDO competing with not just 100s but 1000s of games. Some of the games on that list have been out for as long as 17 years (Lineage; above Lineage II, might I add). Perhaps longer. Not only has BDO not been officially launched; it has only been in open beta for about 8 months. Your coveted ranking is based on popularity. Not necessarily quality. Obviously games that are easier to get into, access, are promoted more or appeal to a larger crowd will be more popular(all of this falls under what the casual gamer would play). The fact that it's even IN the top 100 shows just how good the game actually IS.

Most people don't even do their research before playing BDO because of how great the game looks and it shows when you have people asking if the game is PvE or PvP focused. SO when the game went into OBT (meaning there were no restrictions on who could play it) you had all manners of players trying the game out(mostly casual). When the game doesn't appeal to the casual crowd, obviously the majority of the population in the first few weeks drop. When does a game not drop after the first few weeks? (hence the drop in ranking) Are you slow?

You complain that the game is too casual(based on what standard? Yours?) Many casual gamers think that BDO is hardcore as it is now. Which does not appeal to casuals... the popularity ranking you keep referencing. You wish the game to be more hardcore but you don't even consider the fact that, that would only make it drop in the rankings that much more so.

BDO was at 27 and now at 82 in a ranking of 'Online games' (competition in the 1000's), that is based off the casual player base even though it does not appeal to casuals at all, from a casual players perspective. If anything that is very impressive.

Dude, you are completely wrong. Most of the Koreans have not desktop computers. They play games in cafes. And Gamenote is the best and the most representative chart for MMOs in Korea, no matter what you think. Anyway nobody is talking to you. And my question to ankhfnkhonsu is to explain the fall of BDO in the chart.

Ikcin, I give you financial reports from Daum with quotes from their presentation and online conference meeting with investors proving that they have been earning money from BDO and you tell me that I am "wrong" and don't know how to read financial reports. I tell you how gamenote.com operates and you tell me I am "wrong" and don't know how PC Bang's work. 

Everything I have highlighted red is completely wrong based on no factual evidence. It is incredible how you "think" you are right all the time and yet have no actual proof to back yourself up. What a joke.

http://www.sfu.ca/media-lab/risk/docs/media-lab/pcbang_stewart_choi.pdf

False. First of all PC Bang's are owned and operated by individuals not by large companies like Daum. Second, Daum is primarily an internet Portal that DOES in fact service most PC Bang's. Kakao, the company Daum merged with, is primarily focused on mobile apps such as KakaoTalk.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2007/07/133_6991.html

"PC Bang is an important contributor to the economy because the cyber cafes account for about one-fourth of the country's annual desktop computer demand of one million units."

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/12/12/smartphone-usage-overtakes-pcs-in-south-korea/

"PCs at 78.2%, according to data released by the Ministry of Science"

"...recent PC-Bang surveys suggested that, “over half of all Korean Netizens (56.8%) are using games and a quarter (25.4%) are using instant messaging”

False, 78.2% of people have desktop PC's at home, and only 56.8% of people at PC Bangs are actually playing games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/20/technology/league-of-legends-south-korea-epicenter-esports.html?_r=0

I never said anything different. However, I did say that PC Bang rankings have been shown to misrepresent the overall gaming market. While heavily social games (MOBA's, FPS, RTS, and some MMORPG's) are primarily played in PC Bangs, any solo or MMORPG's that do not have a heavily e-sport following will not have a large presence in PC Bangs.

I don't need to answer your question, because as far as I'm concerned PC Bang rankings mean absolutely nothing. That's like ranking MMO's based on mmorpg.com or whether you will like a game or movie based on ratings from Metacritic. Yes, there is some value to PC Bang rankings, they do offer some amount of statistics as to where games stand. However, in many cases it is a misrepresentation of the overall gaming population and how popular a game actually is.

Ikcin, I give you financial reports from Daum with quotes from their presentation and online conference meeting with investors proving that they have been earning money from BDO and you tell me that I am "wrong" and don't know how to read financial reports. I tell you how gamenote.com operates and you tell me I am "wrong" and don't know how PC Bang's work. 

Everything I have highlighted red is completely wrong based on no factual evidence. It is incredible how you "think" you are right all the time and yet have no actual proof to back yourself up. What a joke.

http://www.sfu.ca/media-lab/risk/docs/media-lab/pcbang_stewart_choi.pdf

False. First of all PC Bang's are owned and operated by individuals not by large companies like Daum. Second, Daum is primarily an internet Portal that DOES in fact service most PC Bang's. Kakao, the company Daum merged with, is primarily focused on mobile apps such as KakaoTalk.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2007/07/133_6991.html

"PC Bang is an important contributor to the economy because the cyber cafes account for about one-fourth of the country's annual desktop computer demand of one million units."

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/12/12/smartphone-usage-overtakes-pcs-in-south-korea/

"...recent PC-Bang surveys suggested that, “over half of all Korean Netizens (56.8%) are using games and a quarter (25.4%) are using instant messaging”

False, 78.2% of people have desktop PC's at home, and only 56.8% of people at PC Bangs are actually playing games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/20/technology/league-of-legends-south-korea-epicenter-esports.html?_r=0

I never said anything different. However, I did say that PC Bang rankings have been shown to misrepresent the overall gaming market. While heavily social games (MOBA's, FPS, RTS, and some MMORPG's) are primarily played in PC Bangs, any solo or MMORPG's that do not have a heavily e-sport following will not have a large presence in PC Bangs.

I don't need to answer your question, because as far as I'm concerned PC Bang rankings mean absolutely nothing. That's like ranking MMO's based on mmorpg.com or whether you will like a game or movie based on ratings from Metacritic. Yes, there is some value to PC Bang rankings, they do offer some amount of statistics as to where games stand. However, in many cases it is a misrepresentation of the overall gaming population and how popular a game actually is.

Ha, ha. Now check again the financial report ;) PC is not desktop computer, but personal computer. Gamenote is not based only on data from internet cafes. And there is 4 MMORPGs in top 10 of the chart. Lineage and Aion are MMORPGs for sure. All your logic seems false, again :) So why BDO fell so deep?

You say it is a great game, made to please the Korean community. I say it was a great game, ruined by the publisher in attempt to get better monetization. Now it is a pointless solo game with some fragmented multiplayer features like sieges and guild wars. It is a bad game. If I was addicted MMORPG player, and I had to play some just to feel good, well in such a case, BDO is better than many of so called MMORPGs these days, so I would play it. But as a normal player, who plays games for fun, and not as live obligation, I will not play BDO, because it is a bad game.

God, you are dense. The article clearly said 'desktop PC's' which I quoted directly. I'm done with this conversation. You just reply saying "I'm wrong" to everything I say and yet you provide ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF. You have absolutely no credibility and on top of that you don't even have the basic comprehension required to keep up. I can't deal with your immense idiocy. Please, don't play BDO, the game will be better without you.

God, you are dense. The article clearly said 'desktop PC's' which I quoted directly. I'm done with this conversation. You just reply saying "I'm wrong" to everything I say and yet you provide ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF. You have absolutely no credibility and on top of that you don't even have the basic comprehension required to keep up. I can't deal with your immense idiocy. Please, don't play BDO, the game will be better without you.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think English is not Ikcin's first language.

Some people aren't perfectly fluent in English so you have to leave a little wiggle room in interpreting what they say. Common courtesy on the internet, really.

And yes, I know he seems to dislike BDO. There's obviously a group of players out there that were excited for what BDO was before some changes and are disappointed to see the changes that were made. Happens with literally every single game.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think English is not Ikcin's first language.

Some people aren't perfectly fluent in English so you have to leave a little wiggle room in interpreting what they say. Common courtesy on the internet, really.

And yes, I know he seems to dislike BDO. There's obviously a group of players out there that were excited for what BDO was before some changes and are disappointed to see the changes that were made. Happens with literally every single game.

The problem is his arguments aren't even about BDO itself, but about the company, their ranking in Korea, and their profits. All he does is tell me how I'm wrong without providing any evidence when every time I provide him with multiple sources proving my point. He is like a little kid when he argues "No, you're wrong. Shut up" and it is frustrating at the very least. Anyways, you won't have to worry about it because I'm not going to reply to him anymore :)

The article says - PCs. I will continue quote - This means that now less than eight out of every ten households have at least one computer - in the form of desktop or laptop - in use, while more than eight have a smartphone.

Who do you think you lie or manipulate? You quote some sources, and then you argue with them. Everyone can click on the link and see, how you try to distort the information. Exactly the same you do, when you are talking about the game. I doubt most of the people believe you anyway.

Yep you're right, I did miss the laptop thing, I was skimming articles looking for ACTUAL facts rather than just blowing smoke out of my ass like you do all day long which is what you do when you are talking about ANYTHING, not just the game. People make mistakes, at least I am willing to admit when I am wrong.

Anyways, I am done with you. You are right about everything, I am wrong about everything. End of conversation.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Man_of_Leisure

What kind of garbage games has this guy been playing for the last 10 years to be so excited about autopathing, walking into npcs, wandering in town npcs, and crouching to sneak.

You can turn autopathing off just like you can in Age Of Wulin. 

Next? 

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

The problem is end game content.. their really isn't much to do at end game but you can get their pretty quickly. That's why a lot of players just decided to stop playing and won't be returning.

I also want to mention the fact the challenge factor is novice to medium.

Originally posted by ChaoticWake

The problem is end game content.. their really isn't much to do at end game but you can get their pretty quickly. That's why a lot of players just decided to stop playing and won't be returning.

I also want to mention the fact the challenge factor is novice to medium.

I think people are forgetting that "end game" hasn't even been released yet. Valencia (coming out on Thursday) is doubling the size of the world and is "official release" - however, even that isn't "end game" only half of the world. This will bring a lot of people back to the game, however, it could also turn some of the more hardcore people away from the game if they don't make some of the changes people want or at least meet them in the middle.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Just a note, but.... The concept of 'endgame' for MMO's is a purely Western idea. It's also one that's been so ingrained into the mind of a lot of people that they can't handle a game not having it.

Strangely enough - Everyone bashes games for not offering anything new, where in fact a game may simply not have the traditional western endgame, just like Black Desert. 

But, when a game DOES offer an endgame in the form people want - more dungeons, raids - they bash it for NOT being new and just giving you a gear grind.

Honestly, at this point i'm 100% sure that no one here actually knows what they themselves want, never mind the 'Western market'. 

Personally, i'm enjoying BDO KR exactly because there's no focus on an endgame. I can finally level without feeling the subconscious pressure of 'missing out', and i'm actually having fun because of it.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    As far as I can tell, BDO is designed to be just "end game". The Korean version has a relatively quick leveling path that I gather is more like a tutorial, and then you live in the world doing various activities like guild warfare, trading, animal breeding, exploration etc.

That sounds good to me, I don't really like those games that are designed to run dungeons over and over to grind for gear or whatever.