Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What i have learned , lurking MMORPG for two years.

2»

Comments

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by moonbound

I cannot tell if the op is serious or trolling, and ive been lurking here to and the op is just wrong most trash talk old school mmorpgs and do not really know anything about them, and most do point out flaws of eq1 but it doesnt change the fact eq1 has allot of ideas that mmorpgs should use today.

And what about daoc, anarchy online, shadowbane, and swg? Hek ultima online.

The OP's post was satire (comedy).  As for the what about, they were covered.  The "Everquest" post covered Daoc, anarchy online, and ultima online.  They are they same thing.  From the same time frame, the comments are identical for each "old time mmo."  

The Combat post covers shadowbane, and swg.  They are games that chose twitch rather than the preferred RPG combat (Tab targeting).  This is why they either struggled to gain a foot hold, or lost the vast majority of their subscribers to a tab targeting theme park mmo.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Well done.

Yes, it is becoming a rare occasion when a fresh topic of interest comes up on the forums.  It's pretty much become just rehash after rehash of all the things you listed.   It's causing me to lurk more as well.   Just getting tired of the same arguments over and over.

But the genre has become a bit stale as well, I think.   Or veteran gamers have just become numb to the experience of online gaming.  It may be a combination of both now.   This is definitely the home of the Jaded Gamers Society.

Come back in other 2 years and let us know how we are doing.  Maybe Star Citizen will have released by then!

Naaaaw.....

It's been like that for a lot longer than you probably think.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by greenreen

Cute and funny.

One item was missing though, the ultimate game is a themepark sandbox with a strong emphasis on both PVP and PVE. Then they've hooked all of us on that superdy duperdy game.

Yes. I was going to say the whole semantics vitriol revolving around usage of Sandbox/Themepark is missing in OP. Also forgot the whole debate about the meaning of hardcore/casual. And the kids-these-days + get off my lawn, as well.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    @OP Made me smile :)
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by KeanN

World of Warcraft,

7 mill or something subs, whereof 100k is western and 6,9 mill is Asians.

This is actually true.

While it not that high (6,9 millions) i doubt that eastern subs number are "just small part" like they said.

At lest half or 1/3 of 7 millions come from eastern cause the unique payment at China / Taiwan

• Pestis87Pestis87 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Gloria Victis over 2 years in pre-alpha, hope it doesn't make some stupid f2p p2w item shop but we'll have to wait few years to find out lol.