Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any kind of free trial?

cirdanecirdane Member UncommonPosts: 51

does this MMO have any kind of trial (about 2 weeks maybe)? Seems like It might be ok but hate to plop down 60$ and find out it's not a good fit.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Not that i know because i wanted to try it as well.

You are smart to not buy a game on a whim,the disappointment might leave you angrier in the long run.

EVERY single game should have a free trial<NO excuses,this is how a business operates,you show me what you are selling me,it is not a business of ok i trust you ,but you don't trust me.

Only thing i can think of are two ideas well three.

1 too cheap to afford the time and employees to set one up

2 They do realize one is needed but have not yet had the time to get one ready.

3 The console release had all of their staff busy so perhaps in near future.

Well there is a 4th...

4 They sat down and decided that the majority of gamer's are impatient and do buy on impulse and within the first week or two.So perhaps they feel the idea would not net them enough new players to warrant the idea as being a profitable one.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tjcombotjcombo Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Nope, no free trials.. It is box cost or nothing...
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Well there is the option to wait until the retailers dump unsold boxes - dropping the price.  

"Trials" are wonderful; to be encouraged. And they can help prevent negativity by stopping people who find they don't like the game buying it. However with an online game server capacity / performance is a factor - and the company has a responsibility to the players who have bought the game.

The disaster scenario is free trail; slow downloads as servers hit; login queues; login server issues; zillions of new characters in starter area so performance sucks; people take to forums to post how the game sucks because .....

There are workarounds - but whichever one is tried some will complain.

Final point: as far as I know Skyrim never had a trial. So don't hold your breath. There might be a trial - later. WoW had a trial pre-launch but once it had launched it was a while before it introduced one.

I totally agree that trials are a good thing but as said above there isn't one. So if - having watched streams, vids, read reviews, patch notes etc. you are unsure: don't buy it. Or wait till you feel the price is worth the gamble. Some may consider this heretical but: there are lots of games out there. Some of which have trials as well.