Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A strange sort of "free to play"

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

The game is "free to play" with an item mall.  You've seen that before, I'm sure.

But what's strange is how you can buy stuff in the item mall.  Or perhaps rather, can't.  Credit card?  Nope.  Debit?  Nope.  Paypal?  Nope.

The first recommended option on payment is Subway gift cards.  Seriously.  I'm not making that up.  They also accept Burger King crown cards.  And Dogecoins.  And several other equally odd things.  But none of the usual ways that people buy things online are accepted.

I'm not complaining about the price, mind you.  To get everything I want would cost about $20/month, and I don't mind that.  But most online companies try to make it rather easier for you to give them money.

Perhaps I'll just have to play free longer than I intended.  Not sure why Ankama would want that, but they sure act like they do.

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Could probably get it on steam and pay via Steam wallet?

In the netherlands they allow pretty much all the things you listed where not available.

Credit cards, bank transfers, direct debit, Country specific payment method of Ideal, paysafecard and even SMS.

Only thing missing is paypal, so it seems like the options are very much country specific.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by GrayImpact

... Country specific payment method of Ideal...

Burger King and Subway must be VERY popular there.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

In the netherlands they allow pretty much all the things you listed where not available.

Credit cards, bank transfers, direct debit, Country specific payment method of Ideal, paysafecard and even SMS.

Only thing missing is paypal, so it seems like the options are very much country specific.

I'm in the United States, so it's not some tiny country that Ankama has never heard of.

I don't use Steam, but have seen some comments about Wakfu not playing nicely with Steam.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Quizzical

I'm in the United States, so it's not some tiny country that Ankama has never heard of.

I don't use Steam, but have seen some comments about Wakfu not playing nicely with Steam.

Wow.. Thats really surprising, ankama is sure getting flaky.

No wonder it barely has a playerbase anymore.