Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems really shallow

KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
So, I have a gunslinger up to level 7 currently.  I log in, get my bonus bar filled, and then log out.  What exactly is there to do besides that as far as PvE stuff goes?  (or even PvP? haven't seen any duels or anything)  Or is it seriously just that and then building stuff?

Comments

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    i found it extremely weak and actually still have more fun in minecraft even though there are almost no features in it lol.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I hear a lot of positive things about the game. I was going to check it out when it released but it lost me at the P2W cash shop. People buying mounts and other items earn them a type of exp that boosts your char stats making you more powerful. I would need to hear some strong words on how this system is not P2W before I would try it. As far as game play, this is the first bit of bad I have heard. 
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

There tier of level in trove as things get harder then you see now at low level, so you can farm gear to break it down and upgrade gear so you can do higher level stuff, then there the mastery that adds a level system give some stats and other things that you farm in game item by saving it a costume you can wear or collect.

Building one the aspect of the game but don't have to build anything mostly craft things you may need. But the P2W aspect of the game there are none as there no pvp, or some raiding progression that you have to get at top, It's just fun to jump in do dungeons solo or group of people and better your main to do higher level tier dungeons.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Trove is designed to be a jump-in-and-play-for-a-few-minutes game. It's not deep unless you make it so, with building, crafting, gathering and progression. Most of the mechanics make it very simple and easy to pop in, group up, tackle some short dungeons and pop out.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

I think I understand.  I have been playing it as a "hey I have a few minutes before work/bed, why not?" kinda game. 

It's a shame that THIS is what basically killed cube world, which even in its incomplete stages seemed much better.

Trove today is vastly different from the one rolled out in early alpha. I miss the endless exploration, really hard dungeons you could try to solo, gathering in every biome and actually being alone because you were so far out from 0.0.

However, what you see today is what the majority of the playerbase wanted. So, yeah.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Trove did not kill Cubeworld, it killed itself all on it's own. Don't get me wrong, I love Cubeworld, and still play it, but I would sooner throw my money in the trash then ever buy anything that Wollay develops again.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Trove today is vastly different from the one rolled out in early alpha. I miss the endless exploration, really hard dungeons you could try to solo, gathering in every biome and actually being alone because you were so far out from 0.0.

However, what you see today is what the majority of the playerbase wanted. So, yeah.

Alpha sounded like a lot of fun

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

That's sad...

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Veldekar

That's sad...

It's also his opinion that is IMO completely not true.

I've been playing Trove Alpha since 0.0.1 (nov of 2013) - and the game in the current state is FAR FAR better than what it was in Alpha.

Again someone's opinion is not true, but your's is.

Again no facts on your part,  again just "he is wrong, i am right" -it's getting OLD.

But then, it's a Trion game the OP doesn't like - so you had to step in.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Well the lockboxes are already there, no one can guarantee there won't be any tree sapling surprise next patch.... if you know what I mean.
  • DarkyahwehDarkyahweh Member Posts: 7

IR2 The second guys comments about minecraft being more fun in beta...

Ok, now compare beta minecraft to beta trove and respond with that comment being true because if you say it was, you are full of it. Remember, the neather wasn't even in game at that point. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Does it seem like someone here gets paid to promote Trion games in the forums or is it just me?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Kajidourden
    So, I have a gunslinger up to level 7 currently.  I log in, get my bonus bar filled, and then log out.  What exactly is there to do besides that as far as PvE stuff goes?  (or even PvP? haven't seen any duels or anything)  Or is it seriously just that and then building stuff?

Enjoy the game? Basically you just said to us, all I do is the daily because that's the only form of guidance you have. Maybe if you could give them something to look into to fix for you like making more dailies for collecting so many items and it giving you something to feel good about yourself. Maybe they would do it. But you don't explain thoroughly what it is you want.

Trust me when I say we all want pvp... they won't deliver as it would require them to hire me as pvp is my realm of expertise.

Edit. Nvm, old post.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I hear a lot of positive things about the game. I was going to check it out when it released but it lost me at the P2W cash shop. People buying mounts and other items earn them a type of exp that boosts your char stats making you more powerful. I would need to hear some strong words on how this system is not P2W before I would try it. As far as game play, this is the first bit of bad I have heard. 

Here is a strong word, that system caps off at 100. The experience without the cash shop caps at around 112, and by the time you hit 112 mastery from in game content, you will have the flux necessary to buy all the cash shop items off of players.

Good enough??? :)

Originally posted by Talonsin
    Does it seem like someone here gets paid to promote Trion games in the forums or is it just me?

No, what you are experiencing is someone whom understands this is beta and was alpha as of 6 months ago. I have played a crap ton more games then you and although I haven't made many reviews, I have a deeper understanding of whats being accomplished on a game to game basis. 

However I do take your response as a compliment as it makes me sound professional for it.

P.S This is the only Trion game I like. Not that the others are bad, they just miss core concepts. This game is striving to hit them and as a community member and game lover and eventual game developer, I plan to push these guys as far as they can go.

Originally posted by Kajidourden

It was like that for a long time, especially back in alpha which is when you played. PVP isn't a thing, but they are trying to find ways to improve.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I don't have any strong words, but I don't pay a dime.  I don't understand how this is P2W.  I can go anywhere and do just about anything I want.  The cash shop is just about if not completely voluntary.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

This is why we can't have nice things. The so called MMO fanbase today sucks, therefore most MMOs that want to cash in (can't blame them) will suck along with them.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This thread is from February. Locking this as most of it isn't current.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.