Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What i have learned , lurking MMORPG for two years.

KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19

Hey guys and girls and whoever else who may be out there

I have been lurking on this forum for 2 years , and i have learned so much!

Here we go :)

World of Warcraft,
It is so easy, it can be played just by using one foot. game is played by noobs and noobs only.
7 mill or something subs, whereof 100k is western and 6,9 mill is Asians.
1 billion in yearly revenue, but its dying, FOR SURE, (at least 2-3 times a week)
It has single handedly destroyed all other mmos, and they are all dead now.  

In other news, WOW will go FTP in the next two weeks.

Star Citizen:
Grabs more mony then wallstreet and Greece combined (to soon :S ?).
It will feature a staggering 1.3 million shiptypes uppon completion.
Will be released sometime in the year of 2130 (Q4).

SWTOR
A singelplayergame,
If you are not pressing the spacebar 50-100 times a minute, you are probbably not doing it right.

GW2                                                                                                                                                                                                 To much to write, to litle time.

Everquest
The game, the best game, the only game, combat was fantastic,leveling was fantastic, the sky and the moon and the everlasting stars was fantastic, never have grass been so green. it was a golden illuminating pillar in an either so dark and terrible world.
It was challenging, very challenging, and only the most pro players played the game,

If you have not played the game, pros from eq would rather watch grass grow then hear your opinion,                                         you are a discrase, a pice of S**t, and in the eyes of an eq pro player, better of dead.

BUT. it had a nice community, the BEST.

Everquest next
It,s dead.
Will never see the light of day.
Capout.

Subsciption models:
FTP = BTW
Subb = Devil and Hitler combined.
BTP = yes, but only if 1 dollar or less (and no cash shop).

Combat:
Twitch gaming: Rather see dog take poop.
FPS: Mouse is for button pressing .....
Tabb targeting: Is there another way ?

Conclusion:
What do we want?
We want a mmo that is FTP, NO cash shop, NO BTP, content updates every 2 weeks. it should be just like EQ,
with better grapics. tab targeting and more buttons/skills then there is sand in Sahara.
When will the developers ever learn ??????

Anyway, that was my two cents

Have a great weekend :)

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by KeanN

World of Warcraft,
    It is so easy, it can be played just by using one foot. game is played by noobs and noobs only.
    1 billion in yearly revenue, but its dying, FOR SURE, (at least 2-3 times a week)

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,
    If you are not pressing the spacebar 50-100 times a minute, you are probbably not doing it right.

GW2                                                                                                                                                                                                 To much to write, to litle time.

Everquest
    The game, the best game, the only game, combat was fantastic,leveling was fantastic, the sky and the moon and the everlasting stars was fantastic, never have grass been so green. it was a golden illuminating pillar in an either so dark and terrible world.
    It was challenging, very challenging, and only the most pro players played the game,

If you have not played the game, pros from eq would rather watch grass grow then hear your opinion,                                         you are a discrase, a pice of S**t, and in the eyes of an eq pro player, better of dead.

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?
    We want a mmo that is FTP, NO cash shop, NO BTP, content updates every 2 weeks. it should be just like EQ,
    with better grapics. tab targeting and more buttons/skills then there is sand in Sahara.

You want a totally free game, but if you are gonna wish for something, it should at least be in the realm of possibility.  No one is gonna take the time and money to develop 'WoW' and not look for a return on the investment.  It is possible for some old legacy game to do this if the company feels that it might keep a certain audience 'loyal' to their brand.  

There isn't really an meat to this bone that the community can chew on, as far as the conclusion goes.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Sounds perfect. Where do I sign up?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Thanks Op, very observant.  Sitting their watching us post and evaluating.......Good for you.....Really :)

Maybe in about 3 years you'll post again and add more !

Seriously, I like this :)

• KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

World of Warcraft,

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,

Everquest

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?

You want a totally free game, but if you are gonna wish for something, it should at least be in the realm of possibility.  No one is gonna take the time and money to develop 'WoW' and not look for a return on the investment.  It is possible for some old legacy game to do this if the company feels that it might keep a certain audience 'loyal' to their brand.  

There isn't really an meat to this bone that the community can chew on, as far as the conclusion goes.  

Hey

Im sorry, i was trying to make a funny / Ironic thread to lighten the day / night, apperantly im not that funny :)

But i have to say, if you tought the post was serious, and still manage to reply in such a nice and constructive way, you are truly an amazing person. and i realy mean that.

• agentsi1511agentsi1511 Member UncommonPosts: 47

I mean... He isn't exactly wrong about any of that. Not everyone is like that in regards to those games, but we only hear the ones that are vocal. Sadly the vocal ones... Are usually the minority. 

Almost every mmo I've played in the last 5 years has an extremely toxic community. From WOW, Wildstar, FFXIV, GW2, etc. But I will admit, things were a lot less toxic in EQ1. 

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

you forgot  "Smedley = the root of all evil"

other than that it's  pretty accurate :D

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

I thought that was Brad McQuaid? image

Either way, the OP's gotten a real feel for these forums! Spot on observations!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

I thought that was Brad McQuaid? image

Either way, the OP's gotten a real feel for these forums! Spot on observations!

nah he's the Grinch :P

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Well done.

Yes, it is becoming a rare occasion when a fresh topic of interest comes up on the forums.  It's pretty much become just rehash after rehash of all the things you listed.   It's causing me to lurk more as well.   Just getting tired of the same arguments over and over.

But the genre has become a bit stale as well, I think.   Or veteran gamers have just become numb to the experience of online gaming.  It may be a combination of both now.   This is definitely the home of the Jaded Gamers Society.

Come back in other 2 years and let us know how we are doing.  Maybe Star Citizen will have released by then!

Naaaaw.....

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I laughed. You guys have no sense of humor. Only malcontents seem to post here these days.
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Well OP is being funny and all but still another negative thread being piled up with the rest. Looks like lurking around here taught you well OP.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

We need more posts like this one. Have a good weekend! o7

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

World of Warcraft,

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,

Everquest

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?

Hey

Im sorry, i was trying to make a funny / Ironic thread to lighten the day / night, apperantly im not that funny :)

But i have to say, if you tought the post was serious, and still manage to reply in such a nice and constructive way, you are truly an amazing person. and i realy mean that.

Yep.  Went right over my head.  I see a lot of posts that are like this and aren't designed to be funny.   I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about my post being a 'nice' response, but I try (don't always succeed) to be polite when I disagree with people.  I am convinced that there are people who truly believe they are entitled to an AAA style game for nothing.  I just think they need a little help in how the physical world world works and not the cyber one.

I self identify as a monkey.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I can sum it up real easy...

At one time i remember gaming over my hockey playoffs,i remember missing some of my sports to game with friends.

Now a days gaming takes a back seat,i have ignored gaming for so many different reasons it is not funny,NOTHING out there right now warrants my time over something else.The market is flooded with LACK OF effort,rushed effort and incomplete released games disguised as crowd funding and early access gaming.

I would think by now everyone knows what a developer can do with these games and they are NOT doing it,so why support their half ass efforts?Those guys will be rich living in fancy homes,driving fancy cars,eating out in fancy restaurants ,they won't think twice about you the customer.Those developers will be sitting in their board room discussing how they can get more money out of you.

You know who feeds these developers,gaming websites,they partner together to hype each other up and make more money off the consumer.These guys are all like used car salesmen,big phony Georgeson type smiles,patting each other on the back,EVERYTHING in the game sounds AMAZING just a pile of phony talk.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    I found a new MMO called World of Warcraft. It's pretty fun so far.

It's a WoW clone .

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I can sum it up real easy...

At one time i remember gaming over my hockey playoffs,i remember missing some of my sports to game with friends.

Now a days gaming takes a back seat,i have ignored gaming for so many different reasons it is not funny,NOTHING out there right now warrants my time over something else.The market is flooded with LACK OF effort,rushed effort and incomplete released games disguised as crowd funding and early access gaming.

I would think by now everyone knows what a developer can do with these games and they are NOT doing it,so why support their half ass efforts?Those guys will be rich living in fancy homes,driving fancy cars,eating out in fancy restaurants ,they won't think twice about you the customer.Those developers will be sitting in their board room discussing how they can get more money out of you.

You know who feeds these developers,gaming websites,they partner together to hype each other up and make more money off the consumer.These guys are all like used car salesmen,big phony Georgeson type smiles,patting each other on the back,EVERYTHING in the game sounds AMAZING just a pile of phony talk.

Damnit, OP! You forgot "MMOs are dead!"

How could you?!

Thanks for the reminder, Wiz!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MeleconMelecon Member UncommonPosts: 74

World of Warcraft,

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,

Everquest

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?

You sir just made baby Jesus Cry, shame n you.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    OP, how could you forget SWG.  It was the messiah which got crucified on the cross by the devil known as SOE (DB games) and don't forget EVE is a pretty spreadsheet image
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Made me laugh.  GJ OP :)
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Originally posted by LacedOpium
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    I found a new MMO called World of Warcraft. It's pretty fun so far.

It's a WoW clone .

And a pretty bad WoW clone at that. 

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

World of Warcraft,

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,

Everquest

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?

That about covers it I think...You have been very observant in those two years of lurking. That is this forum in a nut-shell.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673

World of Warcraft,

Star Citizen:

SWTOR
    A singelplayergame,

Everquest

Everquest next
    It,s dead.
    Capout.

Subsciption models:
    FTP = BTW

Combat:

Conclusion:
    What do we want?

All you needed to do was copy and paste the contents of this post over and over multiple times and it would have been perfect.  

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

Also forgot

Archeage was a huge let down/disaster after Trion made a series of crappy decisions and failed to take action on the cheaters and hackers. And that they even allowed them to come back after only a 24 hour account suspension. it's also king of the cash shop/P2W with items sold that increase stats and HP. 

• moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396

I cannot tell if the op is serious or trolling, and ive been lurking here to and the op is just wrong most trash talk old school mmorpgs and do not really know anything about them, and most do point out flaws of eq1 but it doesnt change the fact eq1 has allot of ideas that mmorpgs should use today.

And what about daoc, anarchy online, shadowbane, and swg? Hek ultima online.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

World of Warcraft,

This is actually true.