Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news on PVP?

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

This may help.  Official FAQ from Horizons site.

Q: CAN OTHER PLAYERS KILL MY CHARACTER?
A: No. Only computer-controlled opponents will be able to kill your character. The player vs. player version of Horizons is being developed separately in order to create a better experience for players. We will experiment with consensual forms of player vs. player conflict such as guild vs. guild and dueling during our Beta periods.

Translation.  Pure PvP will most likely be on a seperate server.  There may be consensual only PvP consisting in guild wars (however still consensual meaning just because if you are in guild at war doesn't mean your enemy guild can attack you, you still have to consent to PvP) and dueling.  So if you are a big PvPer, then Horizons won't be for you.  Thanks for posting...this got me to read FAQ myself.  Sounds boring.  I hate the drab gameplay of just strictly fighting NPCs.  Want a good PvP game wait for Pirates of the Burning Sea, whole world (except for a few "safe spots" will be PvP.  Ahh, brings back wonderful memories of Pre-Nerf UO.

I don't know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
~Albert Einstein

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

for some reason text came out black on faq answer...so here it is again :)

Only computer-controlled opponents will be able to kill your character. The player vs. player version of Horizons is being developed separately in order to create a better experience for players. We will experiment with consensual forms of player vs. player conflict such as guild vs. guild and dueling during our Beta periods.

I don't know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    ~Albert Einstein

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58
    You have to highlight the black text, lol. Anyway, yes the PvP version will be sold seperately I think.

Alethor

Alethor

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

I don't think PvP will fit into this game well. There's no apparent reason for it at the given time. Maybe in the future, the storyline will change making PvP fit into the scope of the game. For now though, it looks like the advanced AI for NPCs will be enough to satisfy most people, unless you are a die-hard PvP fan.

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58
    I think the game centers more around grouping, but PvP would be great!

Alethor

Alethor