Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

12346»

Comments

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

What I can't understand is all the hate towards Trion, there are a lot worse developers out there. Funcom were absolutely shocking compared to trion. Also the creators of startrek online were pathetic too. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's exactly like diablo in the only way that matters: Gameplay.
  • DancwithDancwith Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Perjure
    Originally posted by Magua
    Trion will not receive another dime from me after the train wreck that was Archeage. 

Agreed. Trion will never see a penny from me again.

I am also on this train.  Just their interaction with AA and then a little with Rift (not too much though), killed any desire i had to invest in that company or their products.  

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Hmm, Trion, huh? Well, my thought process is this: Look at the direction Rift took; look at where ArcheAge stands at the moment. Don't really think I like that track record too much.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Dancwith
    Originally posted by Perjure
    Originally posted by Magua
    Trion will not receive another dime from me after the train wreck that was Archeage. 

Agreed. Trion will never see a penny from me again.

I am also on this train.  Just their interaction with AA and then a little with Rift (not too much though), killed any desire i had to invest in that company or their products.  

Since Devilian is going to be a f2p game you'll be able to stick to your 0 cent requirement. You'll be able to play it for 0 cents :) Sounds like a win to me heh.

And how many things are going to be behind a pay-wall system? Trion needs to make money, and like ArcheAge there will have to be a P2W cash shop where the only way you can get items (generally that you are supposed to be able to get in game) is to buy them.

Oh, you want to be able to do this, buy this item... You want to have this awsome in game mount, but this RNG box and hope you hit the 0.00001% chance to get it. yaaaahhhhh.. wooohooo... Sorry, but no thanks.

Sorry, Trion as a publisher is just a piss poor cash grab company with zero interest in their players, they did it with AA and they will do it with this game.

I lost all interest and respect for Trion.

Sounds like a lose to me. heh

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85

I have played it in Korea without spending a cent. Sure korean cash shop had lots of stuff to buy, I never bought anything. I don't know how Trion will monetize the game but I bet you that it will be completely playable without spending any money. If players can't control their spending habits it's their own problem.

I've played the Thai version. They've just started monetizing it and it's brutally p2w by my definition that tossing $$ at them gives you an insurmountable in-game advantage. Trion will heavily monetize this game as it has way too many avenues for them to nickel and dime the customer base.

This game is also already starting to face the same hacking and exploit issues that commonly face korean games that are released in other ares. 

Can you play f2p and still enjoy the game? Yes. As long as you don't get too involved in pvp and don't have a desire to be in a competitive group. 

Yes, I feel that players should control their own spending habits, but seriously, is this the direction you want to support gaming to go? 

• LovelockeLovelocke Member UncommonPosts: 14

Trion.

Yea, avoiding this.

GL to everyone buying into it!

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I'll wait for Lineage Eternal or Ark. This game looks like some quickly released garbage heap with cheap animations and cheap game play.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Trion Worlds , wouldn't touch them if they magically invented the best RPG of all time .

Especially after they had potentially the best RPG of all time and ruined it ,.

Never Forget Archeage .

Never forget.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

"Combat can be controlled either as WASD or traditional point and click mouse control"

This is all i needed to know. Ill definitelly be trying the game out when its available.

With that said, i didnt know it was made by BlueHole so i hope the classes dont have the same limitations that TERA has. More specifically the heavy animation locks in combat. Ill try it anyway and see if its worth it.

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Looks interesting but I won't install the horrible buggy-ass Glyph application on my system again or any of the underlying crap that comes with it.

I'm very disappointed with Trion, a publisher I once held in high regard.  Everything since Rift has been a disaster.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Four gender locked classes and everyone gets to turn into a devil!?!?  Awesome!!!  I wonder whose lucky kid was it from the development team that decided to come up with this idea?
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Grailer

Trion Worlds , wouldn't touch them if they magically invented the best RPG of all time .

Especially after they had potentially the best RPG of all time and ruined it ,.

Never Forget Archeage .

Never forget.

I dislike Trion as much as anyone, but Archeage's issues have very little to do with Trion.  

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111

the game looks interesting but if it has the same

1. horrible RNG for crafting gear
    2. labor limitations
    3. the very nasty cash shop where even if you had a sub you still needed to buy labor pots
    4. the hacking, duping, bots and cheating as AA

then no thanks.

Originally posted by Gyva02

After Trion's Archeage disaster I have zero interest in this game. It'll be another hackers and cheaters paradise with those Pay 2 Win items being sold at their cash shop. Need some extra stats? Need 1200 extra HP? just fork out some cash!!! It's yours!!!

Trion ~Where Hackers And Cheaters Are Treated Like Family~

This 10 times over ^^

Originally posted by Sternweather

I have played it in Korea without spending a cent. Sure korean cash shop had lots of stuff to buy, I never bought anything. I don't know how Trion will monetize the game but I bet you that it will be completely playable without spending any money. If players can't control their spending habits it's their own problem.

I've played the Thai version. They've just started monetizing it and it's brutally p2w by my definition that tossing $$ at them gives you an insurmountable in-game advantage. Trion will heavily monetize this game as it has way too many avenues for them to nickel and dime the customer base.

This game is also already starting to face the same hacking and exploit issues that commonly face korean games that are released in other ares. 

Can you play f2p and still enjoy the game? Yes. As long as you don't get too involved in pvp and don't have a desire to be in a competitive group. 

Yes, I feel that players should control their own spending habits, but seriously, is this the direction you want to support gaming to go? 

very true. At least in wow you had a chance to get gear and be competitive without attempting to max out your credit card.

• thestrugglethestruggle Member CommonPosts: 3
    game looks alright, but its trion, so no way in hell...