Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... why is zombie blood never really contagious?

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Sure one get's bitten by a zombie and be f#cked.

But blood splatters everywhere at your body till up in your face even if you yourself have wounds all over?

I mean it's the big daddy of virusses that turns you into a zombie. 

Sure it's just a movie/tv serie hehe so please do not take this topic to serieus but see it just as a means to discuse the subject

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Think of it more as a venom. Venomous animals do not carry that venom in their veins and arteries. It is carried and transmitted by specific delivery methods such as bites or injections.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

You see in the main character's effort to tromp around the forest, crawling through swamps, maybe climbing over some barb wire, and maybe even have a dozen or so injuries from real humans.  

The director would never waste a some good non-human-and-therefore-safe blood splatter on something that needs to be out of frame(like an open wound), likewise the director wouldn't waste a blood splatter scene where the splatter would be out of frame.  

Meaning the chance of transmission via blood splatter is zero since having an injury in a momement of awesome scene rarely happens and having blood splatter out of scene are mutually exclusive.

_________

There might be a psychological component to it.   For instance you need to believe you're a zombie for the effects to happen all the way.

edit: that and human skin is just that good.   You don't get sick everytime you go swimming or similar.  And when you do it's rarely something that came through your skin.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Think of it more as a venom. Venomous animals do not carry that venom in their veins and arteries. It is carried and transmitted by specific delivery methods such as bites or injections.

I understand what you saying mainly because with most venomous creature's they also have the means to inject venom in may different way's.

From my understanding humans even when zombifide do not get instant injection bodyparts. Sure a bite might go deeper into your flesh hitting your blood streams but it's still only the transmission of the infected blood that will cause you to turn into a zombie.

So even if you have a little scratch on your face and you get "live" zombie blood on it you should be infected even if it's only venomous?

And as said in topic, don't take this to serieus even if thinking deeper about it.......

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by anemo

You see in the main character's effort to tromp around the forest, crawling through swamps, maybe climbing over some barb wire, and maybe even have a dozen or so injuries from real humans.  

The director would never waste a some good non-human-and-therefore-safe blood splatter on something that needs to be out of frame(like an open wound), likewise the director wouldn't waste a blood splatter scene where the splatter would be out of frame.  

Meaning the chance of transmission via blood splatter is zero since having an injury in a momement of awesome scene rarely happens and having blood splatter out of scene are mutually exclusive.

_________

There might be a psychological component to it.   For instance you need to believe you're a zombie for the effects to happen all the way.

edit: that and human skin is just that good.   You don't get sick everytime you go swimming or similar.  And when you do it's rarely something that came through your skin.

I don't believe the human skin is that good.

You go swimming in a lake for the first time you might get sick, may you have lots of experiance outdoors aswell as swimming in many different lakes your body becomes more resistant.

I just feel there are allot of diseases transmitted thru blood/skin in what ever kind of way. 

• gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Come to think of venoms or rabies. They're just same I think, if you got bitten, they you're f*cked. :P
  • romandavromandav Member Posts: 3

LOL....'you babies!' -Rugrats

First...lets talk about what the hell a zombie is (in theory) and why their blood does not infect.

A zombie is an undead, the lowest form in fact. The top of the undead food chain is of course the vampire. The vampire, contrary to what you think, they drink blood after either ripping through the flesh or with a bit of finesse... puncturing a main artery.

Zombies are crude versions of vampires. They do not regenerate like vampires but the do drink blood and eat flesh. Guess what? Vampires eat flash too. Why? Flesh has blood vessels...there is nothing more delicious than a vein with a nice blood clot... it's like gristle on a chicken bone.

Both Zombies and Vampires infect through saliva, not blood.

"Infectious diseases are spread through several routes of transmission. “Oral transmission” refers to spreading of microbes through saliva, foods or drinks. When a person accidentally consumes microbe-contaminated items, such as saliva during kissing, the swallowing action of the tongue wipes the microbes against the back of the throat, allowing the microbe to enter the body. "

The myth behind it all explains why blood does not carry the chance for zombie blood to infect... in fact, I heard zombie blood is proof that the fountain of youth exists!

A zombie kiss is deadly.

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    because the director said its not quite good for their main character to where a body suit while killing zombies. The audience may not see the awesomeness of their actors. :awesome:

• johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    edited May 2016
    Some series like The Walking Dead managed to work around that

In TWD, everyone's already infected, the "changing" (for lack of a better term) only occurs
    when the person dies, so it doesn't matter how much zombie fluids they wear on their face, if they're not dead, they're still human.
    If you're wondering why they get sick when they get bit, just imagine where that zombie's mouth has been, how long it hasn't brushed it's teeth, and all the kinds of bacteria that could be lingering in there.

Can't say the same for majority of zombie movies though. Hollywood? I guess?