Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE and Sandbox. What will it be like?

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I'm a really big fan of Skyrim style graphics and Skyrim kind of adventuring and exploration.  Also love PVE as the top focus of games I play.  I was wondering what it was like in Black desert.   I always thought PVP should stay to the Arena's and Battlegrounds seperated from PVE gameplay and sandbox. 

PVE  -  I love a game that has a small story but with mostly players adventuring and being able to grind mobs in the middle of nowhere if they want to with themselves or friends and getting an ocassional rare.  

Love finding a ton of objects and items in the game world that makes it feel unique.  Like going to the woods and finding an object that starts a special quest or a rare in the wilderness that drops a cool random rare.

Any of this in the game?

Sandbox - I love the feel that you can roam around in a game world and really feel like your in a massive world the size of earth and get lost in the middle of nowhere or in a dungeon so large you cant find your way out and die a few times trying to find an exit.   

Adventure and discovery with the feeling that I'm finding something special or finding a camp thats great for me and my friends to grind out some mobs and rares.  Spending hours in the middle of the game world and no one around for miles while I'm searching the woods or dungeons.

Any of this in the game I might like?

Will this game be PVE and Sandbox focus only?  I hope so, let me know how PVE and Sandbox its going to be so I have an idea as someone who hasnt had much knowledge of this game.  Love the graphics and its got my attention.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This game is really tough to describe without writing a book lol.

It is like good versus evil,does some things nicely but then you see tons of that stereotypical Asian f2p ideas that makes you want to forget the game forever.Auto run waypoints,immersion breaker,auto enter a map area is again weak idea.Typical super fast animations.

When i look at a game i look at everything however lots of those little things can be overlooked if combat is really good.

The combat to me just looks typical of Asian f2p spam combat.Seeing the Warrior pick a creature up and body slamming him over and over is like ARGggggggg awful.Last thing i want is WWE wrestling in my mmorpg.

Now don't get m,e started on the Archer   awwwwwwwwwww.Ranger/archer is like one my fave classes to play...usually.This Archer moves around like it has jet skis on the feet and fires like she is using a minigun.Did i mention spammy?

Does the world look good,yes,do the players look good yes.Some world interaction like horse training,cow milking,interactive quests.

Basically it is like one of those games you like it then hate it every other minute lol.I think for me personally it would be a real struggle to keep me in the game for a long period of time.The combat i feel is the reason,just not good enough and way too spammy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Wizardry

This game is really tough to describe without writing a book lol.

It is like good versus evil,does some things nicely but then you see tons of that stereotypical Asian f2p ideas that makes you want to forget the game forever.Auto run waypoints,immersion breaker,auto enter a map area is again weak idea.Typical super fast animations.

When i look at a game i look at everything however lots of those little things can be overlooked if combat is really good.

The combat to me just looks typical of Asian f2p spam combat.Seeing the Warrior pick a creature up and body slamming him over and over is like ARGggggggg awful.Last thing i want is WWE wrestling in my mmorpg.

Now don't get m,e started on the Archer   awwwwwwwwwww.Ranger/archer is like one my fave classes to play...usually.This Archer moves around like it has jet skis on the feet and fires like she is using a minigun.Did i mention spammy?

Does the world look good,yes,do the players look good yes.Some world interaction like horse training,cow milking,interactive quests.

Basically it is like one of those games you like it then hate it every other minute lol.I think for me personally it would be a real struggle to keep me in the game for a long period of time.The combat i feel is the reason,just not good enough and way too spammy.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I was hoping for more because the character models did not look like your typical asian characters sad face.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I think you'll be dealing with PvP once you hit the last couple of levels. Or at least I seem to recall reading about that.

The reason it's not full PvP from the start (which a lot of people wanted) is to cut down on the douchebag factor of endlessly griefing people thirty levels lower than you. I wonder how that will change the playing field, random PKing is likely going to be a lot less when they're faced with opponents that can actually fight back.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I think you'll be dealing with PvP once you hit the last couple of levels. Or at least I seem to recall reading about that.

The reason it's not full PvP from the start (which a lot of people wanted) is to cut down on the douchebag factor of endlessly griefing people thirty levels lower than you. I wonder how that will change the playing field, random PKing is likely going to be a lot less when they're faced with opponents that can actually fight back.

I'm sad to hear this.  PVP douchebag factor and endless griefing can happen at end game as much as the start.  If I have to deal with any sort of PVP in the game as part of the open world sandbox I'd probably rather not play, since I like to only choose when I PVP like in arenas or battlegrounds.  I dont like PVP in open world where I want to feel the PVE experience the most.

If I wouldnt like it at low levels, why would they expect I would like it at high levels?   I dont understand why games have a progression into PVP in the open world, it should just be ALL PVP or NO PVP at all in the entire game.   I'll have to keep on waiting I think for an all PVE open world sandbox with this level of graphics unfortuantly.

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I'm sad to hear this.  PVP douchebag factor and endless griefing can happen at end game as much as the start.  If I have to deal with any sort of PVP in the game as part of the open world sandbox I'd probably rather not play, since I like to only choose when I PVP like in arenas or battlegrounds.  I dont like PVP in open world where I want to feel the PVE experience the most.

If I wouldnt like it at low levels, why would they expect I would like it at high levels?   I dont understand why games have a progression into PVP in the open world, it should just be ALL PVP or NO PVP at all in the entire game.   I'll have to keep on waiting I think for an all PVE open world sandbox with this level of graphics unfortuantly.

If you are in a PvE oriented guild or guildless you will never have to PvP unless you provoke another guild into declaring war on you. Ganking people in Black Desert is punishing, it is not something that happens frequently. However, BDO is primarily a GvG game, the PvE isn't exactly exciting.. if you don't spam pots I guess it could be somewhat challenging until you learn the animations for the bosses. However, I really enjoy the combat in BDO.