Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Fury X Crossfire kick some serieus ass.

ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Btw noise with pumps is solved which in this article not yet mentioned.http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/7226/amd-radeon-r9-fury-video-cards-crossfire/index.html

Btw for this kind of set ups only 4K matters lower resolutions is not importend spending 1400 euros(price various at moment from 1470 to 1900 euros two cards) on two cards;)

Card is clearly made for 4k where it shines.image

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    that link takes me to the home page of mmorpg.com :/

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Lol your right sorry hehe

Fixed

Bit limited test here, Fury X CF 1400 euros vs TitanX SLI 2000 euros.
    http://www.digitalstorm.com/unlocked/amd-fury-x-crossfire-gaming-benchmarks-vs-sli-titan-x-idnum361/

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    That will definitely make the future Fury X2 or however they will name the upcoming dual GPU card a performance monster.

I think they have the cooling capacity with that H2O setup they have, but I don't know if they can get the power delivery where it needs to be to be a true performance single-PCB card without doing some drastic steps; PCI compliance limits you to 300W per card (that's 75W from the slot, 75W from a 6-pin, and 150W from an 8-pin).

You can just choose to not be compliant, and with 2x8-pin get to 375W - a bit better, and that's what AMD did for the 295x2... but seeing as how one Fiji GPU can use up to 350W already, and averages around 220W and peaks well over 300W under "typical gaming"... I don't know how well 2 GPUs will work constrained to just 375W total.

Then again, maybe they do something really crazy, like 3x8-pin or who knows... but I tend to doubt it - I think it will be more similar to the 295x2 than not. And the Fury X2 (or whatever they call it) will be a fast single-PCB card, but CFX Fury X's will easily best it, just like 2x 290X's beats a 1x 295x2, and your still heavily dependant on CFX-enabled driver updates to get that performance boost, otherwise it could plausibly be slower than a single-GPU card.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Look at the picture he linked.  One card already has 2 8-pin connectors.  Having 3 8-pin connectors has been done before, and there have been plenty of video cards that technically weren't PCI Express compliant, most notably with three slot coolers.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

There's at least 10 or so cards with 3x8 pin i can think of atm.

And lets not forget 295x2 is known to use upwards to 600w when overclocked and in furmark and it does it with only 2x8 pin.

Heck i think there was 1 card that had 3x8 and 1x6 or 4x8 pin power delivery :)

And if u feel like no company would risk any of this on a reference card, don't forget, amd is on a roll of world firsts on a reference card a few years in a row now.

Originally posted by Quizzical
    Look at the picture he linked.  One card already has 2 8-pin connectors.  Having 3 8-pin connectors has been done before, and there have been plenty of video cards that technically weren't PCI Express compliant, most notably with three slot coolers.

Pre-release pictures and rumors are always 100% accurate.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

The Fury X is not still a pre-release card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202155

I count two 8-pin connectors.

Originally posted by Ridelynn   Originally posted by Quizzical Look at the picture he linked.  One card already has 2 8-pin connectors.  Having 3 8-pin connectors has been done before, and there have been plenty of video cards that technically weren't PCI Express compliant, most notably with three slot coolers.
    The Fury X is not still a pre-release card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202155

I count two 8-pin connectors.

The conversation you are taking out of context refers to the dual GPU version of the card.