Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

level 50 reset to lvl 1

MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

I was an early player of SWTOR, did the beta, preordered and all that fun stuff.  I played for a few months and decided to take a break, and it turned out to be a fairly long break.

I went back to the game today and see that there was a server merger (no big deal) and my name had to be changed (also no big deal).  I change my name and log in...to the prologue. Ok that's odd, but what ever.  After skipping that it loads up my brand new lvl 1 character.  all credits, all skills, gear.. every thing gone.  I know this is the same character because I am still part of my guild.  This was the only character I had in any guild.

well that sucks, maybe I should open a ticket??  too bad, you have to subscribe to open a ticket, or post on their forums for support.  so my options are to either play through the game again, or pay them for the privilege of asking them why they reset my bounty hunter back to lvl 1.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

you can always call their customer support.

That really sucks, either something went really wrong on their side, or you got hacked, robbed, character deleted, recreated with same features and rejoined in the same guild. lol..... too much hassle but you never know.

I would just call EAWARE.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Characters dont get reset in mmos, are you sure you are on the right server since you mentioned it is the first time you are back since the server merges.   Or even the right account?  

Email them or call I am pretty sure they will help you get to the bottom of it.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Did you return as subscriber?  You have to be subscriber to gain access to certain characters. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

I am 100% sure I am on the right account, character, server and such.  Not I have no subscribed, and why would I after my character got reset to lvl 1?

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by MrBum21

I am 100% sure I am on the right account, character, server and such.  Not I have no subscribed, and why would I after my character got reset to lvl 1?

Then call them.

If you are right, they will be able to fix it, if you are not then they will be able to help you figure out whats wrong.

Or complain about it here and achieve nothing, its up to you mate :)

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    LOL grrr guess I need to go check mine
    Originally posted by Kothoses

Then call them.

If you are right, they will be able to fix it, if you are not then they will be able to help you figure out whats wrong.

Or complain about it here and achieve nothing, its up to you mate :)

meh, I was more venting than complaining... but I guess it's just semantics at this point :)

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm not a subscriber and all my characters are available to me, it's just that I can only activate two at a time on each server.  I would double check to make sure you are on the right server.  Plus the new expansion will give you a level sixty character if you sub for a month.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Sounds very odd to me. I remember when the server merges happened, I got automatically kicked out of my guild and had to rejoin it... were you the guild leader by any chance?

And have you checked other servers? Maybe this is actually a lowbie alt that you made at some point, and the actual 50 is somewhere else?

Other than that... yeah, calling them sounds like your best option, and it's possible some hacker stripped your account in your absence. (In which case you're probably screwed anyway. Way too much time has passed for them to restore anything.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Sounds very odd to me. I remember when the server merges happened, I got automatically kicked out of my guild and had to rejoin it... were you the guild leader by any chance?

And have you checked other servers? Maybe this is actually a lowbie alt that you made at some point, and the actual 50 is somewhere else?

Other than that... yeah, calling them sounds like your best option, and it's possible some hacker stripped your account in your absence. (In which case you're probably screwed anyway. Way too much time has passed for them to restore anything.)

I have checked all the servers, and this is the right one, and the right character.  if it was a hacker I can't see them deleting my character, then recreating it at lvl 1, and rejoining the same guild.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Unless it was someone who knew you (perhaps shared password with) and wanted to mess with you.  I had to rename a few of my characters after the server merge and I hadn't been on for awhile.

Or, you were probably hacked.  If you used a simple password I can see some kids deleting your one character and replacing it with a lvl 1.  Would be easy to do once they got access.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    I started playing again after about a year away, and my lvl 50 was gone...but with the premium purchase, all you have to do is run the main story quests to level back up.  Not that hard.
    well I did decide to call the support number, and after a surprisingly brief wait was talking to a living human.  they were able to find my character for me, and it is all good.

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56

#1  Your character was made 3.5 years ago and there have been mergers and major changes to the game.  I dont know what it is, but its not unreasonable for them to have an expiration on unplayed toons.  Its their data on their servers.

#2  Play a few days and see if your digging it.  If you are, drop the $15 and subscribe, you will be 60 in less than a week with better gear than you could ever imagine.

#3 The game is funner now than it was back then.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Great to hear you got your character back

My referal, use it and you gain 7 free days

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    well I did decide to call the support number, and after a surprisingly brief wait was talking to a living human.  they were able to find my character for me, and it is all good.

Cool. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out!

Have fun playing!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/