Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cabal 2: OBT Launch Day Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ESTSoft has announced that OBT launch day for Cabal 2 has finally arrived after a period of beta testing recently. You can check out the game's launch trailer and learn how to get started in Cabal 2 by visiting the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    ERROR

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by breadm1x

Not sure but

"OPEN BETA: JULY 2ND, 2015"

Does not sound like.

"launch day for Cabal 2 has finally arrived after a period of beta"

And i hope their game servers are better then the website they have.

At T3 i can see the pictures loading

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    The launch into open beta hasn't happened, it will happen at 7pm PST. Weird time to launch the open beta, but I'll try it at 7 I guess.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

It takes forever and a half to download.  If you want any chance at starting at 10pm eastern, you should start trying to download the thing now.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Is it F2P?

Cash shop with RNG boxes?

Are cash shop items sell able to other players?

Equipment enchanting with huge grind to lure players into RNG gambling?

All I want to know. I have not done research so I am sorry if I come across as "negative" but those are my concerns.

Anyway, the trailer is either honest, which I hope it is since it does look a bit dated to me. Maybe I just dont like the art style. 

• StoevixStoevix Member UncommonPosts: 37

The cabal 2 client was available to be downloaded since june 26th. So people had more of enough time to download the client by now. 

My self I downloaded the client the day after it was available. So I'm set to try out the game soon they open the doors to do so.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Gonna try it out tonight, may as well, nothing else to do on the long weekend.

(Loner) :_)

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

Gonna try it out tonight, may as well, nothing else to do on the long weekend.

(Loner) :_)

Pretty much this.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Why did they say OB was July 2 if it doesn't even start until 10 PM Eastern Time? That's 2 hours away from July 3rd. Way to troll ESTSoft!

Smile

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by blueturtle13
    Pretty excited to play it. I know the reviews so far have been pretty harsh but I do not care. New game is a new game.Plus I liked Cabal I

DO NOT GO INTO THIS EXPECTING CABAL 2.  Treat the game like it's not a sequel of Cabal and you should be ok for most part. Most of the stuff that made Cabal, Cabal. Is not present in Cabal 2.  No Astral Bikes. No Astral Boards. The combo system if you can even call it that is like a poor man versions of what Aion uses. No real choice in skills. All your skills are decided from 1 to 40. Sure grinding up to Trans skills in C1 was a long road but you had choices along way. Cabal 2 *want to gag everytime I call it that* stripped all that away. Nothing to do at 40, except farm.  Game might as well just be called Aion with Cabal skin. Voice overs are horrible and don't even come close to matching up with the lip sync. Poorly optimized for a game that is what? Like 4 or so years old now.  Oh and I hope you like the engrish translation. Misspelled words all over - Vehicle spelled vihicle and the like lol.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by centkin

It takes forever and a half to download.  If you want any chance at starting at 10pm eastern, you should start trying to download the thing now.

Great idea.  Always do downloads in advance for alphas, betas, and launches.  You don't want to be sitting there at start time during rush hour when everyone is trying to last min. d/l at the same time.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

from th vids of it ive seen its a game tht ull enter wen yu ave some time to kill n dun feel like any of th other mmos yu play :)

doubt yull play it for hours n hours mebbe some ppl will but mostly ppl will log in play abit thn log out :)

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I liked cabal 1 through where you stopped using combos.  When it became dance and special powers only for every boss, it lost its spirit. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    horrible download system. After 2 hours it sat at just 3%. Don't care enough to continue downloading it.
  • vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I installed, created a tank, did a quest or 2, logged out, uninstall.......  fun game
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Hariken
    horrible download system. After 2 hours it sat at just 3%. Don't care enough to continue downloading it.

Mine was relatively decent, I got the entire thing downloaded in like an hour or less. Maybe it's just your connection?

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Don't waste your time guys. It's already around 7 years old and heavily p2w.
  • ZephyrjinxZephyrjinx Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I felt like I was playing AION for some reason maybe because the UI and system sounds were either the same or very close. Uninstalled this morning, not the droids I am looking for.

• razor19112krazor19112k Member UncommonPosts: 22
    download is pretty quick , not sure when people are saying it takes along time, it only took me 12 minutes
  • officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Heavy with gold spammers also. You can't use the "World" chat it scrolling so fast due to gold spammers. LOL
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by razor19112k
    download is pretty quick , not sure when people are saying it takes along time, it only took me 12 minutes

Really it only took 12 minutes. I have high speed cable and after 2 hours only 3% downloaded. No game has ever been as slow as this to download. For some reason i don't believe it only took 12 minutes.

• drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Is there really no world PvP in Cabal 2? Why do so many of the new MMOs seem to do this. Just offer PvE and PvP servers instead.
  • nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

So far I hit level 9 and enjoying this a lot more then Echo of Souls and Archlord 2. 

There's a dungeon at level 9 which is really early so I won't really consider that a good example for the feel of the game until around 20 since the dungeon is straightforward.

Most dungeons in most mmos start at 15 so pretty odd its early.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Didn't take long to download, and got the game fired up......

......what the heck....

Someone compared this to Aion? Not sure what it compares to, even EoS seemed better than this.

Dialogue is just epic. As though random five word phrases have been chucked onto npc's.

Just waiting for the "me love you long time" to appear as a quest goal.

Aion it definitely isn't. Unless they scraped up all the rejected bits and cobbled them together.

Space invaders is more fluid than this.