Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Only TRUE Flaw of Final Fantasy XIV

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
Alphinaud.
Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Well that was a great way to waste my 1 second living.  
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by anthony21690

I got you to waste more than 1 second, it took you at least 8 or 9 to post this.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I just hated how often you had to go back to him for story quests. Like 50 of them ended with him and had you talk to him multiple times. Was just a waste on that guy.
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I just hated how often you had to go back to him for story quests. Like 50 of them ended with him and had you talk to him multiple times. Was just a waste on that guy.

You could skip everything he says and have a better time playing this game and still understand the story well enough.  He has no personality and his only redeeming quality is that he wants to help people, which is probably only to make himself feel better. He isn't funny, charming, or stylish. And only sometimes witty but it's rare.

Oh well, still plowing my way to Heavensward content. On 2.4 now, so very soon I imagine.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Jdis doesn't like that character.

We all have them and there is nothing wrong with postingt an opinion on disliked characters.

I think my all time least favorite NPC ever has to be.....

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

MikeB why do you let this exist. Why, time and time again you continue to disappoint me.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I would say having less total class abilities than what was available to classes in other games by level 10 would be a huge one.  Combat just sucks, lacks any sort of flavor or variety.  Its like they are so petrified by the thought of balancing or going beyond the sheer basics, that they just opted out of making abilities altogether.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Jdis doesn't like that character.

We all have them and there is nothing wrong with postingt an opinion on disliked characters.

I think my all time least favorite NPC ever has to be.....

Haha I think I remember that guy.

Originally posted by Dullahan
    I would say having less total class abilities than what was available to classes in other games by level 10 would be a huge one.  Combat just sucks, lacks any sort of flavor or variety.  Its like they are so petrified by the thought of balancing or going beyond the sheer basics, that they just opted out of making abilities altogether.

The combat and mechanics of this game are somewhat general, but for some reason also very fun. I can't explain it, but I think it's because you can watch the fight more and get into the moment as it isn't twitch-based. Granted, I do grow tired of it sometimes, but I am like that with every MMO I play (Combat-wise)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by JDis25
    Originally posted by Panther2103

You could skip everything he says and have a better time playing this game and still understand the story well enough.  He has no personality and his only redeeming quality is that he wants to help people, which is probably only to make himself feel better. He isn't funny, charming, or stylish. And only sometimes witty but it's rare.

Oh well, still plowing my way to Heavensward content. On 2.4 now, so very soon I imagine.

Yeah I have almost all the story up to heavensward done, like 20 quests left. I really want to try the expansion haha

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Alphinaud.

I love Alphinaud, but I don't like his new voice in HW.  Actually, I hate most of the new voices in HW, they just don't seem to fit the characters at all saves for maybe Merlwyb. I absolutely hate Minfillia though...just can't stand her and her voice...she sounds like a female version of Microsoft Sam.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    If you're still doing ARR content, I feel like Alphinaud develops much better in Heavensward.  I wasn't really a fan of him before, but he's gained a little bit of respect in my book.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    I disagree. The only true flaw with this game is the community elitists.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i rather have Alphinaud in game, and be able to swim.

Talk about flaws.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Alphinaud.

I love Alphinaud, but I don't like his new voice in HW.  Actually, I hate most of the new voices in HW, they just don't seem to fit the characters at all saves for maybe Merlwyb. I absolutely hate Minfillia though...just can't stand her and her voice...she sounds like a female version of Microsoft Sam.

Most english voice overs suck when it comes to asian games. Japanese Voice over with english captions is my way to play them.

After playing through 90% of the expansion at this point, Alphinaud actually redeems himself into a more identifiable role in Heavensward; I can actually tolerate him now for the most part.
  • KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I hated Alphinaud during 2.X but Heavensward turned him into a likable character for me. Good character development. 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    For me, the true flaw still lies in that 2 second GCD, and as @ReallyNow10 ;mentioned, the horrific account management. Everything else is pretty aces.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited August 2015
    For me, the true flaw still lies in that 2 second GCD, and as @ReallyNow10 ;mentioned, the horrific account management. Everything else is pretty aces.
    I think the slower GCD is rather needed. Many people say it's a 1-2-3 rinse and repeat combat system. It isn't. At least once you start moving out of the class and into the job.  At higher levels, there is a lot to manage. A lot of the abilities are combos or proc off previous abilities or require combinations of buff / de-buffs to be applied to the target. so there is a lot more complexity than just waiting for the GCD to cycle around so you can hit "1" again. In some cases, combos even branch off. so "1" sets up "2" or possibly "3", but then depending on whether you hit "2" or "3", you would then branch off into "5" or "6" So, for my Ninja "1" and "2" sets up the combo for a debuff which is "3", then it's "1" again that sets up a combo for "4" then I apply another Dot which is "5" then I go back to "1" and "2" to set up my DPS combo winch is then "6" All the while paying attention to "3" "4" and "5" de-buffs that need to be set up with "1" and/or "2" individually. 

THEN...there are the Ninja skills which is a whole different set of combinations based on how you key in the successions of buffs, de-buffs, single target DPS or AOE DPS.

So in the end, I have 2 separate sets of combination cycles I have to manage and weave them in together.

If you are bored waiting for GCDs...you are either doing something wrong or you haven't gotten to a level where the complexity starts to show. If the GCD were any faster, these combos would be impossible to set up.

That said: if you feel that you shouldn't have to get to high levels to experience something like this......I can understand that and I believe that to be where the fault in the design lies.
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2015
    if you are complaining about 2sec GCD you have not tried endgame, for example bard or dragoon have a LOT of oGCD skills which you need cast between GCD skills to get max DPS from your class, there is also lot of things to dodge so most of time you will be moving from some AOE :) i got 9 DoM/DoW maxed atm, my main is dragoon progressing A3 Savage got 2.4sec GCD and sometimes i wish to have it little higher, but i think main problem is server location in Canada for EU players... one little lag or delay and you miss oGCD window with buff or stun and your rotation is fked -.-

EU servers? Yoshida: "in few months, please look forward to it"  i hope they will make it before xmass :pleased: 
  • hiaviatorhiaviator Member UncommonPosts: 6
    test