Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] EVE Online: Chronicles of a New Eden - Let's Make This a Fair Fight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

When enemies are assaulting one of your systems, most pilots would exercise caution and attempt to gather intel before engaging. But when the call went out about a raid from Gallente militia forces on the Caldari system of Esesier, Mr Duffo took the more direct approach. For the average faction warfare pilot, warping to the large Caldari outpost and seeing the eight enemy pilots capturing it would have caused most to flee, but, then again, Mr Duffo isn't like most.

Read more of Steven Messner's EVE Online: Chronicles of a New Eden - Let's Make This a Fair Fight.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    EVE is life. EVE is love. Praise BOB the allmighty.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

You earned yourself a place in Valhalla, Viking ! And 9 slaves will fill your cup forevermore.

Have fun

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    youtube link is broken or missing.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by shukolade
    EVE is life. EVE is love. Praise BOB the allmighty.

BoB? Ah yes, praise SirMolle.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

The stories are so much better than the actual gameplay.

I was actually interested until I remembered how bad the combat was.

• ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23
    CalMil for life. 8)
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

The stories are so much better than the actual gameplay.

I was actually interested until I remembered how bad the combat was.

Combat pretty much rocks, especially when zoomed in with full graphics+sound on.

Unless.....

you are mistaking EVE combat for sitting in a fleet with 500 others watching tv while pressing F1 when 1 guy orders you to lock and fire.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

http://n4g.com/news/1751076/eve-onlines-player-population-at-its-lowest-since-2008

Saw this article today. For anyone that is thinking about starting to play eve it can take months even years to fly ships properly. If the game is in decline it might not be around or worth playing by the time you can even compete with vets and their years of skill points.