Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

So this title is now again hyped as "trion's" new game? Next thing will be "it'll be a hole different game here, trion will westernize it ten times for the better!" ?

And after they mess it up we will again see posts like "it's not trion's game!! they can't do anything about it! it's all bluehole's fault!" ?

Looks familiar to  me.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Trion + KR = Talk to the middle finger. 

Outside of this fact, the game looks pretty blah. If this type of game does peak your interest though, I'd suggest checking out:

Lingeage Eternal

https://youtu.be/TwGhqnfcJ0s

Lost Ark

https://youtu.be/MAmn4x2r-O8

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Trion. You pronounce it as "Try On", as in... "Try on this stupid hat."

I'm sure the game is a blast. However, have you guys forgotten about what Trion did to ArcheAge?

Although very Asian, ArcheAge had the recipe that could've been a fantastic MMO. But no.... Trion completely destroyed, ate the game, and turned it into crap. Then they ate the crap... and turned it into a more foul crap.

Seriously. Trion can piss off.

I know my post is harsh, but I absolutely despise games that have been ruined by greed.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Korean Developer?
    • CHECK
    Trion Publisher?
    • CHECK
    Cash Shop?
    • CHECK
    PvP?
    • CHECK
    Waste of my time?
    • CHECK

Almost mirrors my mental checklist.  However, Trion Publisher gets a "?"  from me.   Enough  negatives for me to avoid still. 

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Have fun fueling Trion's money grabs.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    I'm not impressed...at all.
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

- Only 4 classes.

- Gender locked (for no reason).

- Diablo-like gameplay.

- "Sort of" open world.

- MAJOR grinding (yes, there are quests, but that's also true of Lineage 2).

- Probably cash store for a little P2W (after all, it's Trion).

... So, WHY is this worth considering?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by psiic

I must have blinked and missed when Trion became an cheap asian mmo host like Aeriagames.

They went from the best company in the industry to a pos outsourcing company in record time.

I guess the asian studios are the only ones who are willing to give a game to publish to Trion.

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

After Trion's Archeage disaster I have zero interest in this game. It'll be another hackers and cheaters paradise with those Pay 2 Win items being sold at their cash shop. Need some extra stats? Need 1200 extra HP? just fork out some cash!!! It's yours!!!

Trion ~Where Hackers And Cheaters Are Treated Like Family~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The company is a reflection of the people running it. The reflection coming back from the magical mmorpg mirror is very ugly. That being said the game looks Ok but not great. Very tactical decision on their part to not cause many waves. I wish Trion the best and I hope they do good, but until they change the reflections it will probably be mediocre at best.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

Okay, putting Trion aside for a second; the game itself doesnt really look that unique or appealing. Its not "supposed" to be a Diablo clone but gee whiz it sure looks like it and thats enough to check it off my interest list.

Also and this is likely just me, but after watching a gameplay video I couldnt stand the constant little femme grunts that the character was making...total turn off.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    /sigh... Top down action image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Well that was disappointing.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    another Korean game set on high grind and an active store that you MUST use constantly. thx but got plenty like this out already, that this game looks like.
  • kroz318kroz318 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    We're not in Sanctuary anymore!
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Trion = Big Red Flag

The game looks appealing but with Trion's name on it's a no go for me. Trion really messed up with Archeage. XL Games is in no way innocent but Trion took on the position of front man and made some extremely bad decisions since launch and it just kept getting worse.

I really think when it came to the MMOARPG Bluehole Ginno would of been in way better hands with people that are a success in the ARPG genre, like David Brevik and Gazillion Entertainment, Runic Games, Grinding Gear Games or Crate Entertainment. I'm not sure if they even tried to approach any of the teams I listed but they should of tried if not.

Best of luck to Bluehole Ginno and their game dealing with Trion they will need it.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Looks pretty good, love the art; signed for beta.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    meh!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by cylon8

trion as a studio has completely lost me rift was great but trove was a shit trend/money grab that failed. the bungles archage monetization and now a tera clone of sorts wtf

Trove would of been awesome with current gen graphics.  Graphics aren't everything but it is the reason why I dislike games like Terraria and Minecraft.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ArmondpbArmondpb Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Oh cool yet another money sink. No thanks. I was in BETA in RIFT and played it for years on and off Well: they know how to burn a players ass. Trion has lost me and my friends we will never ever step foot on any of trions games ever again
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Trion would have a new game based on Devils... Trion, you sold your soul to the devil when you;

a) stopped developing games

b) starting publishing games you don't care about

c) becoming P2W and abandoning your original supporters for short-term profit. Because you could have paved the way to massive future popularity with Rift/Archeage if you supported their gameplay aspects over cash grabbing opportunities.

BUT you still have Trove. Trove is pretty cool

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    The game looks so interesting people are rather discussing if their pixels have invisible cocks or cunts.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JDis25

Trion would have a new game based on Devils... Trion, you sold your soul to the devil when you;

a) stopped developing games

b) starting publishing games you don't care about

c) becoming P2W and abandoning your original supporters for short-term profit. Because you could have paved the way to massive future popularity with Rift/Archeage if you supported their gameplay aspects over cash grabbing opportunities.

BUT you still have Trove. Trove is pretty cool

Rift Defiance and Trove are actively being developed in house. There are unannounced in-house games they are developing. So where is this "stopped working on own games" coming from?

I played Rift when Trion cared about the game, and it is one of, if not the best MMO experiences I ever had. As a sub game, they pumped out content and became known for this. Storm Legion was such an incredible expansion too. Then it went F2P and there was nothing wrong with the F2P model for Rift, however everything kind of just stopped. A few patches here and there, the slow destruction of any and all PvP as well. Nightmare Tide was just disappointing to say the least, with no new engine improvements or features, less PvP, more dungeons (yay) more raids (woo), etc.

Trove is a small team within Trion. Defiance hasn't been relevant for a long time, and Rift is losing players by the day. So maybe slowed down working on their own games is a better wording.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Sorry, couldn't pay me to play another ported game published by Trion.  No after the handling of AA, nope....  Maybe if it was their own original title, and they had 100% control over it, .... maybe....

AA is not a bad game