Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What brings out the extreme fanboyism in this game?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Ok, so no matter which forum I've been to regarding FFXIV, I see one thing. Fans will defend this game tooth and nail no matter what. To be fair this game does get a lot of people who bash it too, but man the defense force for FFXIV is crazy.

It's ok to criticize your game this is what makes it better and more enjoyable, but it's like every opinion or an example of how another mmo does something better, it's always meet with 'Well this isn't X MMO'. It's like Yohi P is immune to any hate and almost everything he does is the 'Rigt' way.

It doesn't hurt to borrow good mechanics and other things from other mmo's and put into yours, it can and usually make the game more enjoyable for the masses.

All I'm saying is why can't fans be open to other ideas that are not YoshiP. I get this isn't another MMO, but it doesn't hurt to use the good ideas from other MMO's.

Puts on flame jacket

Comments

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Um...because it's a FF game?
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292

think lot people just get tiered read the same criticism over an over, even if it the first time you posting or reading such things. if you're not of fan of the game odds are good you still won't be even if they did what you said.

since their be new issues that people find fault with. it a hard balance act too appease many people of different tastes i think fans of any MMO that defend their game accept those fault an want too enjoy talking about the game they love, not debate why it good or bad.

TLDR

nothing wrong with opinions just don't be surprise when people never agree with yours if it criticism good or bad

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Seems like the OP is just complaining that FFXIV;ARR has a large fan/player base. Its Final Fantasy, at the end of the day you either are a fan of the genre, or you aren't, kind of interested to know what it is you think has been taken from other games though? unless of course you mean previous final fantasy games, in which case, thats kind of a no brainer. Also what other ideas do you mean? you don't really say what it is your complaining about, its just too vague. No point in putting on a flame proof jacket if your not going to actually say something, as there is nothing to really discussimage
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by jimmywolf

think lot people just get tiered read the same criticism over an over, even if it the first time you posting or reading such things. if you're not of fan of the game odds are good you still won't be even if they did what you said.

since their be new issues that people find fault with. it a hard balance act too appease many people of different tastes i think fans of any MMO that defend their game accept those fault an want too enjoy talking about the game they love, not debate why it good or bad.

TLDR

nothing wrong with opinions just don't be surprise when people never agree with yours if it criticism good or bad

Then they really should find some other way to spend their time, that's what you're going to get on forums. If you don't want to see negative feedback on your favorite game, don't visit it's forum. A good example is what happened with Foomerangs thread here a month or so back, that guy has done nothing but praise this game since he started playing it, the general fanbase did nothing but pat him on the back, then the second he had a gripe, all gloves came off and those same peeps got extremely nasty. That kind of thing is just simply ridiculous.

I can go criticize TOR, ESO etc... I get no flak for doing so, yet certain other games, you can't even question the value of their expansion without folks coming out of the woodwork to blast you. It really makes me question who these folks are, consumers or salesmen.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

why all the extreme hate toward games...is what you should be asking.

you come with some sort of critic of something atleast one person think is good - why that one person would defend it.

just talking general though, only played FFXIV up to lvl 30 or 40, but Id not talk about what they should change, just moving on to the next game.

but I would have defended EQ2 back when I played that, and people talked about things they wanted changed....because I enjoyed it as it was, before EoF.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by orionblack
    Um...because it's a FF game?

Pretty much it.

Let's say it had a blander more "brown and grey" fantasy theme, it would probably be a dead game. But the thematic elements, the lore and world are what make it.

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

Ok, so no matter which forum I've been to regarding FFXIV, I see one thing. Fans will defend this game tooth and nail no matter what. To be fair this game does get a lot of people who bash it too, but man the defense force for FFXIV is crazy.

It's ok to criticize your game this is what makes it better and more enjoyable, but it's like every opinion or an example of how another mmo does something better, it's always meet with 'Well this isn't X MMO'. It's like Yohi P is immune to any hate and almost everything he does is the 'Rigt' way.

It doesn't hurt to borrow good mechanics and other things from other mmo's and put into yours, it can and usually make the game more enjoyable for the masses.

All I'm saying is why can't fans be open to other ideas that are not YoshiP. I get this isn't another MMO, but it doesn't hurt to use the good ideas from other MMO's.

Puts on flame jacket

Series has userbase which have been playing the game for nearly 30 years.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

It actually updates it's game with my monthly sub money. Unlike EVERY OTHER MMO.

/thread.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

Puts on flame jacket

All games are like this, people will defend there game even if there wrong.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

If I tell you it is ridiculous to make a statement like this without backing it up, does that make me an extreme fanboy?

As long as you remain vague in your claims this thread is completely pointless.

For all we know you could have gone to the official FFXIV site asking for SE to add Deathwing to the game and then getting salty when people didn't like the idea. Who knows, since you're not telling us anything.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Go to any EVE forum and ask for a PVE server, and while you're at it, ask them to put in "raids"

You might feel the need to go into witness protection afterwards however.... will make FFXIV fans look like casuals.

It's a popular game, lots of people like it the way it's designed and delivered, and are unconcerned with whatever it is that you don't like about it, so they're going to slam you for raising the issues, all part of forum PVP really.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Go to any EVE forum and ask for a PVE server, and while you're at it, ask them to put in "raids"

You might feel the need to go into witness protection afterwards however.... will make FFXIV fans look like casuals.

It's a popular game, lots of people like it the way it's designed and delivered, and are unconcerned with whatever it is that you don't like about it, so they're going to slam you for raising the issues, all part of forum PVP really.

Don't forget to ask for a server reset as well because you are new and want to be on even ground lol.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Any game has its fans and detractors, but a thread like this simply makes any potential discussion defensive and negative from the start. That's why it is locked.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.