Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Dunno but when I see gender locked classes it makes me think bummer cheap korean game.....

+1 this.

Seriously a game with only 2 classes (unless you want to play a different sex then you really are) and only 1 race (human/demon) Can't really think of many games with less choice then that. I'll pass.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Sounds a bit like they bred Devil May Cry with Diablo.

Doesn't look half bad.

Yeah, I was wary. But Bluehole really likes to go for quality (TERA's still a great game, if dated in mechanics), and they brought the small Ginno studio in-house to let these guys make their dream game, which is basically Diablo 2 the MMORPG with all that entails. It looks like honest solid fun.

I think it'd be killer on the consoles too.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Syphin_B

Gender locked? Lol

It is 2015 isn't it? I thought developers want MMO's to evolve...not stick to the same shtick. 

This sucks man.. at least we have Camelot Unchained coming up.

Gender Locking is oddly not an issue in KR. It's as simple as that. Trion's informed BHG that it'll be commented on here, and they're working on adding more sexes to the other classes. Hopefully in time.  But don't hold your breath.

IMHO the whining about gender locking is just that ..."whining"

God help me if I wanted to stick with real world lore and put Amazon's in my game.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I just beat Diablo 3 and starting to like the gameplay of this kind. I'll try this when it's released. DM how this game compare to diablo? Is it coop or completely mmo style where you see other people in the world or like path of exile?

Gender locked? Lol

It is 2015 isn't it? I thought developers want MMO's to evolve...not stick to the same shtick. 

Gender Locking is oddly not an issue in KR. It's as simple as that. Trion's informed BHG that it'll be commented on here, and they're working on adding more sexes to the other classes. Hopefully in time.  But don't hold your breath.

Guess maybe many of us in the west are spoiled by being able to have choices. A game with only 2 classes per sex and only one race?. How far backward are we willing to step maybe only 1 class per sex next, and one race. So 100% of the server can be  the same?

Accept lazy developers giving you no choice and that's what you will get. Me I'll hold out for more then the choice to be a boy or a girl and then 1 of 2 character classes as my only choices in the game.

Originally posted by laserit

Gender locked? Lol

God help me if I wanted to stick with real world lore and put Amazon's in my game.

Its not about lore its about lack of choice. Sure if you want to say only a girl can fire a cannon for some reason that's up to you, but saying one only has 2 character class choices is really pretty silly. Would you make a game and be proud to say all males in your world have to be A or B and All females have to be C or D? Sorry just sounds damn lazy to me. Perhaps this game is a example for having a lot of choice in places like N. KR

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126

Nope. Nope nope nope.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I'm sure there be founder pack soon, just to get a head start, if not over the top then I'll get one and yes I know what I'm getting in to, this is noting paying for a game and not pick up again to make your money worth like wildstar, ff14, gw2, D3, but one most try find something better out there.
  • MaguaMagua Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Trion will not receive another dime from me after the train wreck that was Archeage. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by winter

Gender locked? Lol

Its not about lore its about lack of choice. Sure if you want to say only a girl can fire a cannon for some reason that's up to you, but saying one only has 2 character class choices is really pretty silly. Would you make a game and be proud to say all males in your world have to be A or B and All females have to be C or D? Sorry just sounds damn lazy to me. Perhaps this game is a example for having a lot of choice in places like N. KR

So would I be lazy If I put Witches (female) and Warlocks (male) in my game, or would people whine because they couldn't play a male Witch or a female Warlock? 

IMHO Not having enough class's (choice) and locking a class to a certain sex are two different things. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

"The classes are gender-locked"

Stopped reading after that.  Another potential game with silly restrictions like this.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Gender locked? Lol

No, it is complaining about a limitation in a game that seems trivial. I am not one of those dudes who wants to play pedophile bait looking female toons that asian style mmo's are known for. And since when is choice a bad thing? Whining about whining is just that....whining.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

This isn't the "all new MMO that no had on their radar" is it? Cause it's a port.

Also, sounds like a pile. GJ Trion.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Let's see....

AA- Nah

Trove- Pass

Rift- Nah

Devillian- Gender locked- Pass..

Just my 2 cents...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Just seems this is made for boxing and cash shop gifts. All the gifting to get buffs...seems like a real bad idea to me on first glance.

But can not get into action games anyhow so let it be from me, good luck.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by winter

Gender locked? Lol

So would I be lazy If I put Witches (female) and Warlocks (male) in my game, or would people whine because they couldn't play a male Witch or a female Warlock? 

IMHO Not having enough class's (choice) and locking a class to a certain sex are two different things. 

In this day and age while I am a male I identify as a witch.....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

...snip...
    So would I be lazy If I put Witches (female) and Warlocks (male) in my game, or would people whine because they couldn't play a male Witch or a female Warlock?    IMHO Not having enough class's (choice) and locking a class to a certain sex are two different things. 

Actually Witch traditional referred to either male or female here's a quick link to wikipedia.....another good read on it here.

The Middle English word wicche did not differentiate between feminine and masculine,

warlock and wizard is something that was used later on and I would even say their powers are different

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    The gender lock issue is strange as the two most similar games Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile also have gender locked classes. And those two games are western, not Korean
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Wow, four whole classes.  They are really going all out.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Nasa
    The gender lock issue is strange as the two most similar games Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile also have gender locked classes. And those two games are western, not Korean

It's just a thing with ARPG's normally. Maybe due to the fact that there are so many different armor skins, and it's easier to do animations and things like that when you only have one gender for each class to animate? I don't really know. Diablo used to be gender locked as well. I can't remember if Titan Quest was, I don't really think so. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

It's not really strange though it's a way to save money and cut corners. Some of the early korean games I payed way back it was almost expected due to smaller budgets etc.

Originally posted by Panther2103

It's just a thing with ARPG's normally. Maybe due to the fact that there are so many different armor skins, and it's easier to do animations and things like that when you only have one gender for each class to animate? I don't really know. Diablo used to be gender locked as well. I can't remember if Titan Quest was, I don't really think so. 

Indeed it is easier and cheaper, it's just a way to cut down on the work involved.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Marvel Heroes gets a pass because its based on established super heroes but you can still change the gender of some of the heroes like Black Panther, Loki, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye with costumes.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Ohhh this looks goo.......oh Trion. Nevermind. 

Not. Another. Cent.

Joined - July 2004

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Double post.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.