Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is pleased to announce the next game it’s bringing stateside as publisher, Bluehole Ginno’s Devilian Online.  Yes, the development studio behind TERA has a new game, and it’s an Action RPG with a persistent MMO world.  For the sake of not having to say that over and over, we’ll just call it an Action MMORPG. So, what’s Devilian Online all about, and where the heck did it come from? Read on to find out.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Devilian Online: The Studio Behind TERA Has a New Game & It's Headed Our Way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460
    EME probably passed on it because they are pretty small are chose to stick with what they have atm.

DMKano, where do you plan to post your write up?

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Looks "meh", but I keep a eye out.
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Anxious to give it a look. Beta sign up doesn't seem to be up quite yet, or I'm having a browser conflict problem.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    You lost us at Trion.
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    correct I was just going to post that info dmkano lol
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

You can't sign up to beta through website linked in the article.

Correct website is: https://www.deviliangame.com/en/

Though you can't really sign up to beta from there either. You'll just get a "chance to receive an early alpha or beta invite" if you sing up.

EDIT: It looks like DMKano posted the correct link faster than I. I didn't see his post when writing this /EDIT

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Interesting enough, Tera I feel was good (flawed but had amazing mechanics behind it) so I'd be interested to see how it turns out. That and I have a soft spot for games of that style.
  • garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

Wow, digging this one !!

:p 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will check this one out.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Sorry, couldn't pay me to play another ported game published by Trion.  No after the handling of AA, nope....  Maybe if it was their own original title, and they had 100% control over it, .... maybe....
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Not interested.

However, I'm also surprised that Trion was interested, because this garbage looks absolutely terrible. I mean come on, even the name is atrocious.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    if (Trion && (cash_shop == yes)) then interest = no.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37

The good thing is, I'm in a good mood today. 

The bad thing is, I can't sign-up for the beta. I can't even login into their site.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    How is the cash shop going to be monetized?  Similar to AA?
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by x3cutoR

The good thing is, I'm in a good mood today. 

The bad thing is, I can't sign-up for the beta. I can't even login into their site.

Same....I have it up on the background and periodically checking to see if it's properly function yet.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Dunno but when I see gender locked classes it makes me think bummer cheap korean game.....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129
    probably another cash shop fleecing of the players, just like Archeage....   so, no thanks

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cant wait to play this one. Trion please don't screw this up. image
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by blutigfaust
    probably another cash shop fleecing of the players, just like Archeage....   so, no thanks

Those are my reservations as well.  And considering Kano has posted numerous times that due to AA's monetization, Trion is doing well financially, I can only assume they will do a similar cash shop.  If that is the case, then no thanks.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Trion can rot, won't touch it, not a dime will go to this company.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Oh man I'll do a full writeup on my Korean beta experience with this game later today. Intersting that EnMasse didn't get this, hmmm.

I'm sure they saw how much money Trion raped the west for with Archeage and gave it to them instead.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

Gender locked? Lol

It is 2015 isn't it? I thought developers want MMO's to evolve...not stick to the same shtick. 

This sucks man.. at least we have Camelot Unchained coming up.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Meh.  I'm much more interested in Lineage Eternal, if that game ever comes out.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Sounds a bit like they bred Devil May Cry with Diablo.

Doesn't look half bad.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Syphin_B

Gender locked? Lol

It is 2015 isn't it? I thought developers want MMO's to evolve...not stick to the same shtick. 

This sucks man.. at least we have Camelot Unchained coming up.

Gender Locking is oddly not an issue in KR. It's as simple as that. Trion's informed BHG that it'll be commented on here, and they're working on adding more sexes to the other classes. Hopefully in time.  But don't hold your breath.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.