Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Art of World of Warcraft Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with Blizzard to give away 10 copies of The Art of World of Warcraft, a book containing some of the most essential pieces of World of Warcraft concept art and drawings from the last 10+ years. The book also includes pieces released with each Collector's Edition as well as pieces never released before by Blizzard.

All you need to do to enter is share with us (in the comments below) your favorite piece of official World of Warcraft art and tell us why you like it so much. We'll accept entries through Sunday, July 5 and announce our 10 winners on Monday, July 6.

Please only submit a single entry. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified.

Comments

• x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37

Not sure how this works xD.

Probably this is the artwork I like the most. It reminds me how WoW was the best story based game I played at that time. It also tells how powerfull Illidan was and how hard it was just to take him down. To me, Illidan was the best character Blizzard has ever made. There are many artworks that are awesome, but this is just, too damn powerful. Eye candyyy~

• GreekaGreeka Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Always been a fan of the art for the Lich King but I do not have an example to post here.  However my favorite art from Warcraft came from an fmv in Warcraft 2 when the orcs destroyed a human settlement then hung them from an iron tree of woe and set them all on fire.  That was just amazing to me when I saw it for the first time playing the game through on the Sega Saturn back in the 90's.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Ulduar, a place tied to Azeroth history, their makers - Titans. A prison where mighty Titans appointed 4 watchers to keep over Old God Yogg Saron, a migthy eternal horror who once ruled the Azeroth before Titans came to reshape planet, in constant fight with other Old Gods. Also, my favourite raid.

• sgeek7sgeek7 Member Posts: 1
    I have always thought the Draenei cities were pretty cool. Really like this one of Shattrath.
  • MeerkatxMeerkatx Member Posts: 1

http://i.imgur.com/yaMFoCH.jpg This is one of my favorite pieces of Warcraft art, due to the fact that the stories of Shao Hao and the video were outstanding. Love the style of artwork involved and the character. It was one of those extras that proved MoP was a great expansion over all, and that Blizzard loved what they were doing with that expansion.

• patrezpatrez Member Posts: 1

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/artwork/wow-cataclysm/cin-durotar-large.jpg

I just always loved durotar zone and this artwork that i linked above was my wallpaper for few months. Just lovely and sooo powerful.

• fringfring Member UncommonPosts: 1

this is my favorite because i love the undead

• manifimanifi Member Posts: 1

I don't know what it is, but Deathwing's always been a personal favourite of mine...

I mean, how can you NOT love a destroyer of worlds, with a magnificent A.F. jaw! :D

•  

One of the most fantastic stories of all WoW is the Lich King saga.

• MotemMotem Member UncommonPosts: 2

Every time i see this scene at the end of the W3: Frozen Throne, it gives me the chills.

It's such a majestic and bittersweet experience that I never felt in other video games.

And when Arthas comes back at the begining of the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic (with King Terenas's narration)? Oh boy, it was the best cinematic I've ever seen.

So basically I love every Lich King themed artwork (Frozen Throne is the best)!  :D

• thygingerkidthygingerkid Member Posts: 1

I've looked through a few of their books & always loved the concept art sketches, It's really cool to peek inside the head and visualize the process of creating characters, monsters & zones.

Zeppelin Concept Art

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've played since Vanilla, and it was fun, but there is one single raid that I still run because it is simply the best (imho).  I still have this as my desktop wallpaper.  It's dark and brooding, and Illidan is just awesome :)

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

That first login screen from 2004. Sitting at my desk...looking into the portal. Seeing Warcraft come to life. Never knowing that 11 years later I would still be finding adventure beyond the portal.

• LaykonLaykon Member Posts: 1

I love so many of the arts but this one is my favorite. 

I like it because i can just tell a friend to point somewhere on the map and then i can tell him/her an epic story of mine that occurred in azeroth.

• shinomachidashinomachida Member CommonPosts: 1
    The time I got into WoW, nostalgia arrives everytime i see something like this
  • PappabeardkPappabeardk Member UncommonPosts: 14

Has to be this screen, simply by virtue of how many hours I have spent total of my life looking at it

• MaethiMaethi Member Posts: 1
    I really enjoyed the art for Mechatorque, while gnomes are generally quite silly, I really enjoyed seeing one looking awesome and ready to kick some butt. It also makes me think of how much they've changed since they lost their beloved home, Gnomeregan. While that place is annoying to navigate as a dungeon, I'd love to see it return to the Alliance, and hopefully not in such a crazy design.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

This is the expansion I got to have Thrall end up in my Barracks and hang out at my fire pit. Really felt like it was an exciting chapter in my Paladins story. This is my current wallpaper on my PC and it makes my heart warm.

• JennekoJenneko Member UncommonPosts: 2

While Illidan has always been a powerful character for me I have to give a nod to Sylvanas for this one. When I think back to my experiences through the in game Lore and in learning more about her backstory her suffering and rise to new empowerment offers something visceral.

• TurudoTurudo Member CommonPosts: 1

I really like this piece of art. Takes me back to spending many hours fishing in Kamagua in Howling Fjord. My dwarf hunter sitting on a rock while the Kalu'ak went about their daily activities. It was a peaceful way to sit back and enjoy the sights and music of Northrend. The Kalu'ak people didn't want any part of a war, they didn't want to choose sides, or worry about land or power. At the end of the day, all they cared about was the well-being of the tribe and a belly full of tasty fish. And that's good enough for me. 

• AllcrownAllcrown Member Posts: 1

I guess this part of official art I mostly like.

It's full of story and atmosphere.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    The new xpac art is just fantastic, Blizzard just goes above and beyond each time they release anything new!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
      Ehh I just wish the in game graphics did the beautiful art some justice because it really dosent.
  • Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

I'm not sure if this is an official image, but it just captures the character of Arthas so well. He was such a charismatic and brave paladin during his lifetime as a human, and i feel sorry when i see that the only way everybody remembers him is as the Lich King, when he suffered the same fate than any Death Knight running around among us. Even worse, and he had the strength of will to even hold the Scourge during the events of WotLK.

I consider Arthas Menethil as the most important figure in Warcraft lore, and an awesome character in fantasy overall. I only wished that the ending weren't so... rushed. The fate of the prince was uncertain at best and we could only know glimpses of it by reading those money grabbing books - i had to read a couple paragraphs from wikis, and they were lacklusters. I blame Activision for this, because it matches exactly with the time the companies merged, and we all know what came after that (Indiana Jones and Rambo questlines, Jesus Thrall, and the worst final fight of a game ever made).

I actually wrote a whole story about him in the official forums, "reedeming" him in a way, but sadly it got buried pretty quickly. I guess not everybody is such a fanboi, hehe.

• chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55

This piece pictures Sunwalker Dezco and his two sons, Redhorn and Cloudhoof. It is my favorite artwork because it reminds me of the love I have for my children. It also takes me back 11 years ago when my first son was an infant. I remember playing WoW with him in my lap. I told him, "one day, when you are old enough, you and I are going to play WoW together". 11 years later, we are doing just that. We have created many great memories together in this fantastic game.

Sunwalker Dezco

This discussion has been closed.