Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lego Minifigures Online: Release Day Arrives with New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that LEGO Minifigures Online is now available across multiple platforms and can be purchased for $29.99. This is a one-time fee with no subscription required to continue to play.

Find out more on the LEGO Minifigures Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

As Arthur said in the Holy Grail, this new learning amazes me ;)

So, all these years we used it wrong, and it's not "self-heals", rather it's "selfies"? Probably that's why most healers are using sticks, those must be selfie sticks...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think it looks a lot like a Wizard 101 world,low end graphics,but it does fit the theme well.What i see looks like it could be fun for the younger generation,i see this likely doing well.It is even using the kids safe software,not that it is fool proof but gives parents some feeling of ease.

Only draw back i can see is that the younger generation as far as i know tend to be more on the peripherals like mobile and consoles,not as much a PC trend.So if this game relies only on PC sales/cash flow,it may be asking to lure in the older audience,not sure that will work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Is this a first?  Have any other games before gone from F2P to B2P?
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Ohh boy. I sense LEGO Stargate in the works.

As for LMO, I must at least partially agree with Dren_Utogi. LEGO is more about building than straight up fighting. I don't see the creative angle a LEGO game needs to survive. Sadly, I'm guessing this one will end up pretty much like the last online LEGO game . . . what was the name of that again?

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Hmm  , well my son plays this with some of his friends , they seem to be having alot of fun ....isnt that what its all about ...
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Funcom now has two B2P games and yet they still charge a sub in Age of Conan to access all 80+ content including the Xpac, even if you bought the Xpac when it came out.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

It was cute when it was F2P.

At B2P, not so much.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Originally posted by h0urg1ass
    Funcom now has two B2P games and yet they still charge a sub in Age of Conan to access all 80+ content including the Xpac, even if you bought the Xpac when it came out.

That's because AoC was/is a good game.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I'm wondering which LEGO online game is better. This one or LEGO Worlds? From the looks of things my bet is the latter one because TT is building that one and has a long record of good LEGO games...
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Funcom's scrambling. Too many good Lego games as competition now.

If they now have it revamped and across multiple platforms, that's not scrambling. That's being one step ahead of the rest. What they did couldn't have been done that fast if there wasn't some kind of gameplan ahead of time. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre