Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Free Rainbow Flight Power Now Through Monday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Champions Online players can log into the game and grab a free account-wide unlock of the Rainbow Flight travel power from today through Monday, July 29th.

The announcement was made via the Champions Online site. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

As a health 50 year old gay male, me and my boyfriend are just thrilled to death by this news.  We can hardly wait to log into Champions Online and claim our Free Rainbow Flight Power perk!

Thank you Champions Online for celebrating with us!

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    LOL awesome! I would like some rainbow unicords in the more RPG style MMOs I would so ride mine especially in games like ESO!
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    That's awesome. They should have added a unicorn ??
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Cool game, free stuff is cool also.  Now if the could just put some development time into the game.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

While I'm not in the rainbow camp personally (and wasn't in game since almost a year, since I'm no friend with Arc either image) I just gave it a try, and surprise, the old client is still working without Arc :)

So, besides the two rainbow powers (you get two with the claim) I also snatched the free character slot for trying out the revamped new tutorial. Free swag is always welcomed...

edit: as I see the Freeform slot is on a 50% sale too. Which is cool, I still have some leftover Zens from the past.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Originally posted by kairel182

I'm happy and all for the Supreme Court ruling for equality, but it annoys me when games jump on these 'celebrations' because it just doesn't feel like that's a part of the world they're in.  I hate any game that has 'marriage' involved, it's just creepy.

Outside the game, however, congrats.

This rainbow travel power existed long before yesterday, and really has nothing to do with the RL issue. They just decided to be nice and give it away for free this weekend, but made no specific mention of why(although the reason is fairly obvious). All of that being the case, I'm not sure what your complaint is. If you don't want the free power, that's fine. If someone else does, that's also fine.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Getting a wee bit in violation here with the political stuff.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by psiic

Since when did marriage and someone's sexuality became "political stuff?" It's not people's fault that they had to fight for the same rights that others already had, therefore turning something as simple as two people loving one another into a civil rights issue. But marriage doesn't suddenly turn "political" because it's two men or two women participating in it vs. a woman and a man.

Smile

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by psiic

Since when did marriage and someone's sexuality became "political stuff?" It's not people's fault that they had to fight for the same rights that others already had, therefore turning something as simple as two people loving one another into a civil rights issue. But marriage doesn't suddenly turn "political" because it's two men or two women participating in it vs. a woman and a man.

Let me be clear: I get your point. It *shouldn't* be "political" for people to have equal rights. However, regardless of whether it *should* be "political" or not, the *reality* is... that it is. Politicians in different political parties are fighting for/against this issue, making it political. So again, I get your point. This *shouldn't* be "political", but in real life things are not always what they *should* be.

Having said all that, neither this article on this website, nor the news article on Champs make ANY mention of ANY political issue. All they are saying is "here, have a free rainbow power". They aren't saying WHY they are giving it away.

Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

Having said all that, neither this article on this website, nor the news article on Champs make ANY mention of ANY political issue. All they are saying is "here, have a free rainbow power". They aren't saying WHY they are giving it away.

This, what the ferengi said :) 

Not to mention both powers are fairly lame, they're in the game for a while now but almost never saw them used. And now it's over-used, at least in the Powerhouse... image

So, rather a few more about the free character slot and the tutorial, it's surprisingly good. The perk is still broken (khm... lol), but otherwise the revamp is cool and helpful, with lots of voice-overs, some videos, and the whole is a bit more streamlined - at least as far as I remember, it was years since the last time I made a champion.

After the completion there's a costume piece unlock, a set of starter gear, and a starter gift pack - not sure if it's just for the month, or those will stay in the game after July, but a friendly gesture nevertheless. I think I'll stay a bit longer and level this one up :)

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Holy Sh!t. i thought this game had gone the way of the dodo. didnt realise it was still running.
  • ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Freebies tend to tempt me to install games I tried before, but lately I care a bit less about MMO's and PC games in general, so I don't know. How big is the download?
    Originally posted by ET3D
    Freebies tend to tempt me to install games I tried before, but lately I care a bit less about MMO's and PC games in general, so I don't know. How big is the download?

I still use the old client, but I doubt the Arc one would be much larger... my install is 5 Gb. Cryptic has fairly small clients compared to more recent games... ;) (ok, Neverwinter is 10gigs)