Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters

TalalormTalalorm Member Posts: 11
I just want to know how many characters you can have per account. I haven't seen anything in the F&Q or forums. I was wondering because most of the no monthly fee games I've played (like GW) has had more than one character per account.

Tal

Comments

• Ferox(SM)Ferox(SM) Member Posts: 169

Think you have what it takes to take the 'Oath of the legion' and become a true soldier of Rome?
    Service guarantees citizenship!

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

Back in 02 or 03 a community member came up with a great idea.  An idea to have a trial period.  In this trial period, you could play 2 or 3 different characters.  This would be during the attending phase of the game (you cant attack anyone, no one can attack you...basically first few days of the game).  After a set period of time, you're asked to choose one character to continue on with.

KFR liked the idea, so it was added.

Short answer, 1, long answer, 2 or 3 at first, but ultimately one.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• ShumaShuma Member Posts: 4

So let's say I'm not happy with the direction I took with my character... can I delete it and make a new one? Or do I just start working on what I want to do now... even if it means joining the legions after being a farmer for a year or whatever?

• OrigigiNomadOrigigiNomad Member Posts: 91

Yes you can delete your current character and create a new one.

Originally posted by Shuma

So let's say I'm not happy with the direction I took with my character... can I delete it and make a new one? Or do I just start working on what I want to do now... even if it means joining the legions after being a farmer for a year or whatever?

Sure you could delete it if you wanted to, but then you'd lose any progress you've made in the non-skill area.  Like increased your strenght, forged a good relationship with NPCs via the badge and reputation system.  You could just stop doing what you were doing, and start doing what you want to.  The skills you dont need will degrade, and while your new skills may seem different to you, they may have been intertwined with your old ones, so you may have increased them a bit without knowing.

- Kanoth

Originally posted by Shuma

Sure you could delete it if you wanted to, but then you'd lose any progress you've made in the non-skill area.  Like increased your strenght, forged a good relationship with NPCs via the badge and reputation system.  You could just stop doing what you were doing, and start doing what you want to.  The skills you dont need will degrade, and while your new skills may seem different to you, they may have been intertwined with your old ones, so you may have increased them a bit without knowing.

- Kanoth