Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would make STO a better MMO?

SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46

I can't believe I am going to say this but..............I have gotten bored with STO.

So I will take a break for it for awhile, and play on other MMO games.

That being said................

What do you feel would make STO a better game? I will post my thoughts in a minute, but I want to hear a few other people 1st.

Thx.

Comments

• SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46

Ok I am back this is my 2 cents on the topic I started.

What would make STO a better game IMO:

1.  Make the Bridge of your ship more interactive.

2. All PvE space combat should mirror Bridge Commander style of game play.

3. Travel between missions should have the option to take longer travel times. Why? see #4.

4. Have more interaction with ships crew, and add more social events on ship. (Play cards, play in a band, hangout with friends)

5. More min games that are based on your career path.

6. More exploring and less fighting. Give perks and bonuses to finding new things, and discovery of other cultures.

7. Add a story that helps you interact with your bridge crew.

Well that's a start for me, outside of blowing up the game, and starting over.

• nomotagnomotag Member UncommonPosts: 166

There is like one big thing in that the leveling is really patchwork. You can tell how they had to patch in fixes and in the end everything feels like it doesn't quite fit. I think they should just redo that from the start. Remove the classes (they hardly do anything now) change how BO's work, and prune a lot off stats and abilities. It's not really possible, but it's what I would want.

The more important change would be a kind of latticework for non-combat gameplay. You know meta games for hacking, fixing, scanning, other things. It's no fail the buggiest issue you find well playing is when a quest stops being about combat and you have to hobble through some really lame number puzzle. If they had a small for of actions that they could repeat, they could add a lot of depth and complexity to them rather then reinventing the wheel on each quest.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I think the forums forgot this game even existed. There's almost too much wrong with the game to list in a single post....
  • GatheredMystGatheredMyst Member UncommonPosts: 11

For me?  Two pretty substantial things:

1. Improve Ground Combat.  It's probably the WEAKEST part of the game, and while shooter mode HELPS, the instant that you realize that the mobs are still just hard targeting?  It loses its luster pretty quick.  Weapons need more impact and more strategy needs to be present during fights, even during early game.
    2. The earlier storylines in the game need a pretty serious retuning.  Some of the late game story content is actually pretty decent, but getting up to that point is a slog because the story itself is... well... pretty poorly written.  It doesn't even seem like the writers at that point in the game's development tried, and much of it leans too heavily on "Oooo look!  It's the Original Enterprise!" or "Ooooo look!  It's Spock talking to you!"

Address these two things?  I'd lifetime sub.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Have a different company run it?

Less pay walls for the better ships.

Less grinding for good rewards. Rep grinds suck IMO.

Did i mention a new company running it? Never again will i play anything by Cryptic. Never seen a worse CS service...ever. And that is saying something, after all my years of dealing with games and other online businesses.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I found everything about it to be clunky, unintuitive and boring.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    When I played, space combat was fly around in a circle and present different sides for the enemy to shoot at.  About the most boring game play I have ever seen.  Fix space combat and it might be worth playing.  The ground combat was pretty standard MMO fair.  I have not played in years so, these might be different now.

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Get a company that doesn't do  lazy programming.. example, the Romulans are still just a cut and paste allied faction. If you go Fed, you get the same quests and dialogue a Fed character does. Go KDF and you get called an "honorable warrior" and told how good a Klingon you are, even though you are Romulan..  Another example, the power board race on Risa where you have to grab a flag that spawns at the end of the race that anyone else can grab, because they were too lazy to program in a timer or rewards based on your actual finish position.

Less P2W.. if you want to be good at this game you eventually will have to open up the wallet unless you love grinding the same things over and over till your eyes bleed.

Actual choices in missions that have consequences, instead of just reading text and clicking 'F'. Half of the time it's your bridge officers telling you what to do like you are some idiot captain that doesn't know how to make decisions.

Whole list of other things but don't want to write a long wall of text. Recently came back after being gone over a year. Bored less than a month in.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I like the idea of more to do on the ship itself.  So add ship quests.  Also finish the ships as a lot of ship are bridge only.  I liked the relationships you could develop with your crew in games like Mass Effect series and SWTOR.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

At this point nothing. Poor design choices and basically taking CO and reskinning it have doomed this game.

image    image

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

pandas and pet battles

since wow has copied some features from STO, they should simply turn the table