Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A f2p expansion for money [HoT]

exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
THats what i think, HoT is a f2p expansion tagged with a entry fee. I hope the real fans will be pleased at least.

Comments

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by exile01
    THats what i think, HoT is a f2p expansion tagged with a entry fee. I hope the real fans will be pleased at least.

okay 

but u r wrong its a f2p game with an entry fee no go bitch about it even more 

my god what is happening to people 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by rafalex007

F2P happened. It shifted people's expectations. Now all these devs who were out for a quick buck by taking advantage of whales have to figure out how to sell things to people who don't buy things.

• ElquinElquin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    You'd be wrong. GW2 is not a F2P game, it is  B2P. You pay for the game + expansions, but you do not pay a monthly subscription.

Playing- GWII.
    Played-VSoH, EQII, DF, PotBS, AC2, UO, AO, FFXI, WoW, EQII, DDO, KO, VSoH, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, GB, SWG, TR.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

It is called B2P.

And if you are not happy about it you can always go pay $15/month and buy cool epic mounts in a Blizzard store while waiting 2 years for a below par expansion......which you have to pay for too.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by Muke

It is called B2P.

It's called trolling. Don't feed, just ignore.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

It is called B2P.

Nah,  I like to feed them a bit every now and then.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Rusque

F2P happened. It shifted people's expectations. Now all these devs who were out for a quick buck by taking advantage of whales have to figure out how to sell things to people who don't buy things.

Is it that about 99% mmo out there? companies always try to be cheap to make a quick buck.

• seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Remember that Arenanet has not released all the details on HoT. I am still waiting for more information before I go and purchase the expansion or wait till they do a sale on the expansion. Whichever one I can afford at the time. So far what I have seen looks interesting.

Originally posted by DMKano

Here's an idea

If you have a problem with paying for it, don't!

Remember - video games are just entertainment and game companies are business under no obligation to provide anything for free to anyone

Agree, I think if people knww how much a mmo companies cost this days to keep there lights on, and how much dev time just add something small in to the game, then people may think it over.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Rusque

Bingo!!! I still have never made a microtransaction, not one penny. Thecclosest I have come is a wow token I bought it with in game gold though, so not my money. Any game with a cash shop should not charge an upfrontfee
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Thats nice to know. Thank you for sharing.

People like this are the equivalent of the crazy guy in the street stood shouting out random stuff whilst people walk past trying to dodge the smell.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• laglotuslaglotus Member Posts: 43

This is getting kinda ridicilous. So you are saying Anet should give the expansion for free?

I understand that some people might find the 50e pricetag expensive, but for a game that has no sub fee it's still reasonable imo. And no way warrants the shitstorm it has caused.

Whoever invented the term "F2P" should be kicked in the balls.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Lets see, F2P games make money from their cash shop, and sometimes optional patron status. (subs)

GW2 makes money from their cash shop and in a mandatory up front box cost.

In what way is the OP incorrect?

To some folks the idea of a cash shop is zero sum, they don't measure them by a matter of degree

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

On the same token, did you guys see that Fallout 4 is going to cost MONEY? Like, they actually want me to pay them for their product. Like it cost them something to create all that content. 

Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the video game business, until then you're going to have to pay one way or another for content.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Its simple. game companies get to pick what they charge for their content, we get to pick if its worth our money. Dont like the price dont pay it or wait for it to go on sale, like I will =-)
    Originally posted by Kyleran

To some folks the idea of a cash shop is zero sum, they don't measure them by a matter of degree

And to some folks Xenu was the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who 75 million years ago brought billions of his people to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack") in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes, and killed them with hydrogen bombs. 

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Its simple. game companies get to pick what they charge for their content, we get to pick if its worth our money. Dont like the price dont pay it or wait for it to go on sale, like I will =-)

It's almost like video games are a product or a commodity and the market will dictate prices based on seller supply vs. buyer demand.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Huh?  I thought GW2 was B2P.  I know it was at release.  Did this change?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Elquin
    You'd be wrong. GW2 is not a F2P game, it is  B2P. You pay for the game + expansions, but you do not pay a monthly subscription.

^This.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by skeaser

It's almost like video games are a product or a commodity and the market will dictate prices based on seller supply vs. buyer demand.

I personally think the problem lies with market value. There are so many F2P games that are not worth playing at end game so there is a large number of people hopping from F2P MMO to F2P MMO and never getting to the point they need to pay to keep playing. So they dont get that there is no real F2P game. In the end someone needs to pay for the content. 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Sinsai
    Originally posted by Elquin

^This.

Ofc it is B2P. But the content it offers is compared to Rift as example ,MAYBE, half as big- yet Rift managed that in a F2P transaction without asking to pay to entry.

And server costs cannot be considered, since they are with todays technologie pretty damn low.

I know that because a friend of mine works in the gameindustry.

I personally think the problem lies with market value. There are so many F2P games that are not worth playing at end game so there is a large number of people hopping from F2P MMO to F2P MMO and never getting to the point they need to pay to keep playing. So they dont get that there is no real F2P game. In the end someone needs to pay for the content. 

It's the wording, free to play it aloud for anyone to play with out any payment, if the game have worst cash stop out there in a f2p and still is not blocking people to play the game.

In a way there are many real f2p games, but there is not a mmo out there is 100% free then if there was it would not be called f2p.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

It's the wording, free to play it aloud for anyone to play with out any payment, if the game have worst cash stop out there in a f2p and still is not blocking people to play the game.

In a way there are many real f2p games, but there is not a mmo out there is 100% free then if there was it would not be called f2p.

They call those emulators

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

It is called B2P.

lol + 1 for that sig

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    The more I witness the mentality behind these sorts of threads, the more I grow to hate the rise of F2P games for creating it. 
This discussion has been closed.