Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE and ship colors

TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65
I keep getting emails to activate my account and try out the ship paint jobs, etc. Are these ships tradeable? Or all cash shop? Does EVE have soulbound items now? 

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    You can buy skins from the Space Barbie store and sell them on market for isk or you can use them. Some are permanent for that ship type. As in, you buy a skin for an Abbadon and all the Abbadon you every buy can have that skin without repurchase. There are also temp skins as well.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    You can buy skins from the Space Barbie store and sell them on market for isk or you can use them. Some are permanent for that ship type. As in, you buy a skin for an Abbadon and all the Abbadon you every buy can have that skin without repurchase. There are also temp skins as well.

I hate any temp cash shop items, for any game. Seems like such a rip off.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by CodexMMO
    I keep getting emails to activate my account and try out the ship paint jobs, etc. Are these ships tradeable? Or all cash shop? Does EVE have soulbound items now? 

There should be a link to the SKINs devblog in that email. If not, here's the link: 

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/ship-customization-time-to-show-some-skin/

The blog's pretty big, so I'll hit the highlights for you: 

• any existing SKINs you had before the update will be converted to the new system
    • SKINs can be obtained through the Market (ISK), New Eden Store (NES/Aurum), Loot Drops, and Loyalty Point stores
    • over 100 new SKINs have been introduced with the new system
    • Most SKINs are permanent, however several from loot drops currently are time limited
    • The NES only sells permanent SKINs, no time limted SKINs
    • SKINs can be swapped out, even when in space
    • SKINs in space can be toggled off for those concerned about performance

The devblog above has a list of the converted and new SKINs, including 3D preview windows for each. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

I hate any temp cash shop items, for any game. Seems like such a rip off.

All the SKINs in the New Eden Store are permanent items. Temp SKINs are obtained through loot drops. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65
    So basically, everything is still available to everyone? If you buy a cash shop skin, then you can sell it for Isk? Or are there some skins or items that are soul-bound now?
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by XenTech

What is 'soulbound'?

Never heard of that in EVE, like some new players brought forward the word 'questing' and 'raiding' in EVE....what are those?

Or did you mean account bound?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"