Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert No UI Witch Gameplay Ancient Ruins Dungeon

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Video from https://www.youtube.com/user/SteparuTV

Witch just looks like pure fun to play. I will be playing either Witch or Wizard.

Comments

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

Then visuals in this game are amazing. Hopefully the rest of the game is as good. 

I can't wait to give it a spin!

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by Mikeha

Witch just looks like pure fun to play. I will be playing either Witch or Wizard. 

Will you explain why it is pure fun? For me it looks boring.

I like how active she has to be and how destructive her aoe spells are. I even like the sounds she makes when she cast the spells. I love the look of the witch and the wizard.

Can you explain why it looks boring?

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Nice single player game.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Will you explain why it is pure fun? For me it looks boring.

I like how active she has to be and how destructive her aoe spells are. I even like the sounds she makes when she cast the spells. I love the look of the witch and the wizard.

Can you explain why it looks boring?

It is solo, she killed hundreds of mobs alone without any significant effort. Something like Diablo series on lowest difficulty. OK, it looks amazing for a MMO game, but that is far away from pure fun. A good looking video for boring grind of mobs. 

What mmo these days is not mostly solo?

Now link me to this group game that you would say is exciting and not boring.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

For me it looks boring.

OMG I feel a little sick saying this, but, but..... I agree with ikcin. I found this video a bit boring. The skills look amazing, and even just watching it I could almost feel the power and energy behind those moves, but the dungeon was imo quite bland, the enemies seemed to have extremely limited ai, the enemies were kind of bland/boring, the walk/run animation at the start of the video looked strange- kind of floaty- and the pets clipped through the player at times.

All the other videos of BDO I have seen look pretty good though.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Game looks nice but I think its a waste of developers time and money.  Not that MMOs should be purely group based games however MMOs were always designed to involve other players in what ever you're doing from mining from a ship to running dungeons.  If I wanted to play solo I will go through Neverwinter Nights 2 again or buy a single player game, not an MMO.  

It is solo, she killed hundreds of mobs alone without any significant effort. Something like Diablo series on lowest difficulty. OK, it looks amazing for a MMO game, but that is far away from pure fun. A good looking video for boring grind of mobs. 

What mmo these days is not mostly solo?

Now link me to this group game that you would say is exciting and not boring.

I find that question is irrelevant. Who pushes you to play MMORPGs? I do not because most of them are solo games, and if you compare to TW3, BAK, GTA 5, ACS - MMORPGs these days are bad solo games. When some publisher releases something better than L2, I will play MMORPGs again. 

Ok, now I see that this is about. You are one of those that thinks the genre is doomed and nothing is worth playing. Waiting on a game better then L2? Make sure you pack an extra lunch. image

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by danwest58
    Game looks nice but I think its a waste of developers time and money.  Not that MMOs should be purely group based games however MMOs were always designed to involve other players in what ever you're doing from mining from a ship to running dungeons.  If I wanted to play solo I will go through Neverwinter Nights 2 again or buy a single player game, not an MMO.  

Well that's completely false. MMOs were designed to be more social rpgs, yes, but the intent of the genre was not to have players involved in all aspects of the game. UO is considered to be the grandfather of the mmorpg, and significant portions of that game were quite soloable. Asheron's Call was one of the original "big three" mmos and that game was majority soloable with certain dungeons/quests that required groups. People formed groups for numerous reasons in those games, but they weren't exactly required all of the time.

Back on topic:

The game looks utterly beautiful. The spell effects, while over the top, are also stunning. Even the hiiiiiiyaaa for nearly every spell wasn't all of that annoying. However, I did find myself checking the timer while watching to see how much longer I had. The combat wasn't really dynamic at all. The color palette for the dungeon wasn't helping either. I wish the mobs didn't blend so much with the environment when they became active in combat. The "boss" looking mobs with the glowing red eyes did help a bit, but I would hope that with a game as flashy as this, the mobs would have some flash to them as well.

I also wish that the witch would've jumped into battle with some of the other players in the area. After playing GW2, I really like the idea behind kill sharing and ad hoc grouping that exists in GW2. I feel it's a system that can help promote more socialization in gaming. The video kinda felt like everyone was in their own corner doing their own thing without even a thought of helping someone else out. Which disappointed me.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Great gfx, would probably make my computer instantly set fire though.  

I'm guessing solo challenge is not this games strong suit based on what I've heard and that video.