Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Eorzea: 1 month free acces and full iLevel 120 set.

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV 

prior to March 31, 2015 and have not logged into the game between Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Sunday, June 7, 2015.

^^ I did before that date and not played on the dates mentioned here. even though its way way ago that makes me able to log in.

its a return home, meaning come test this shit out again I guess..

Now someone here said something about , why do you keep telling people its a free mnth its not.

we’re excited to welcome adventurers back to Eorzea with the “Return Home to Eorzea” campaign!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 9:00 (GMT) to Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 9:00 (GMT)

^^ that is what you get for logging in, seems like its a free mnth to me lol.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Originally posted by Braindome
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

What would make FFXIV a 'good game' in your opinion?

Make it like old school FFXI. I know you weren't directing or asking me that question specifically, but I just felt like saying that.

I'll take a grindy open world realistic MMORPG to a token quest amusement park anyday.

We have a winner.

They are not going to make FFXIV like FFXI.  Why?  That time is gone.  FFXIV failed as a menu driven combat MMO.  IT FAILED like that.  Also MMOs today cannot have the FFXI mob grinding that I did back Pre-WOW.  Get over it that era is GONE.  I got over the fact that games have LFD/LFR tools in them.  I am doing my BEST to make FFXIV my home and run my little niche of gamers who are like minded.  Today YOU need to make an MMO what it is they are no longer going back to that era as much as people like YOU and ME want to.  I would LOVE a MMO which grouping was forced, LOVE IT because thats what I like.  Problem is I am in the minority today BECAUSE OF WOW.  I got over it and I make FFXIV the best I can with what I have to work with.  

Edit

So endlessly bashing a Game because its not FFXI 2.0 or Vanilla WOW 2.0 is pointless, because it will never happen again.  Too many publishers are now publicly traded companies whose sole existence is to many money for stock holders.  Maybe 20 years ago it was different were these companies were more focused on the players and their experience.  Today its 100% making money for the CEO and stockholders not about making good games for players.  

When it comes to endlessly bashing games like you and the OP does.  It does not matter how much you bash them on this forum, your best option is to contact SE and give them feed back.  This is my problem with MMORPG.com is they let people like you who do not like the game to sit there and endlessly talk negative about the game.  If you have a comment and post it fine maybe defend your position too.  However to endlessly complain this is my problem with this forums.  I dont go to the wildstar forums and endlessly bitch that they made 40 man raiding.  I do post a comment and thats it, I do not complain about it.  I done like that ESO went to a PVP game yet I do not go to their forums and bitch, I dont go to the WOW forums and endlessly complain that WOW needs vanilla and TBC servers.  No If I have an opinion I post it and thats that.  I also contact the developers my ideas and leave it at that.   

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by danwest58

Make it like old school FFXI. I know you weren't directing or asking me that question specifically, but I just felt like saying that.

I'll take a grindy open world realistic MMORPG to a token quest amusement park anyday.

We have a winner.

They are not going to make FFXIV like FFXI.  Why?  That time is gone.  FFXIV failed as a menu driven combat MMO.  IT FAILED like that.  Also MMOs today cannot have the FFXI mob grinding that I did back Pre-WOW.  Get over it that era is GONE.  I got over the fact that games have LFD/LFR tools in them.  I am doing my BEST to make FFXIV my home and run my little niche of gamers who are like minded.  Today YOU need to make an MMO what it is they are no longer going back to that era as much as people like YOU and ME want to.  I would LOVE a MMO which grouping was forced, LOVE IT because thats what I like.  Problem is I am in the minority today BECAUSE OF WOW.  I got over it and I make FFXIV the best I can with what I have to work with.  

Still doesn t change the fact that's what we would like, and would make XIV better to us.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

We have a winner.

Still doesn t change the fact that's what we would like, and would make XIV better to us.

It does you no good to endlessly bitch about it.  It only brings negative reviews about a game from people who want something else.  You know what I want?  I wanted Rift to only have 10 man raiding, I sent them a suggestion when the game launched that 20 man raiding wouldnt work nor last long.  Guess what, they didnt feel that way so they went to 20 man raiding.  I do not endlessly bitch on the MMORPG.COM forums about Rift and how much the game sucks because I didnt get my way.  And Yes I am calling people like you out because I am tired of you and the OP just endlessly trashing a game because you wanted designed your way.  Guess what There are millions of MMO gamers out there, NOT EVERY MMO WILL BE MADE THE WAY YOU WANT IT.  Trashing them on this site hurts not only the games because they are good games but get negative feedback from someone who wants the game to be design exactly for their liking; it also drives MMORPG.COM into the mud where people like my wife who loves to read up on games away.  She got so tired of your and other people's bitching that she no longer comes to the site to know about the games.  

My wife like many others I know want a real understanding of the game.  Not I want SWTOR to be SWG 2.0 CRY CRY BITCH BITCH THIS GAME SUCKS.  Its one thing to post your opinion and defend it, its totally another that you want what you want and if that game does not do exactly what you want guess what it sucks and you trash it over and over and over again.  This is what MMORPG.COM should stop and should be banning from this site.  Again I dont go to all the other MMOs and bash them, I do post my opinion even if its negative and I defend my position.  I do not negative bash a game post after post day after day.  

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Sweet! More free game time! Got to love it! Can't wait!
    That was one long ass rant about 2 people responding to a question. I don t care enough about the game nor any game to get that worked up over it. I will answer questions and give an opinion if I like a game or not, but I m not that delusional to think they ll change it. There is a reason why I play older games atm, and will for the foreseeable future.
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Claies
    Originally posted by MrSnuffles

Its a Marketing tactic to get people back playing.  Its not going F2P.  They been doing this for 2 years now.

Originally posted by strawhat0981
    No way this goes f2p, but if it does, I will play again.

Never said it is going F2P. I said it is pretty much F2P because every couple months they have a free weekend and i been only playing during those free weeks.

I am doing pretty well i think :)

You really should stop talking out the side of your mouth.  You have bashed the game on numerous occasions, claim it's "not worth the price", yet you post a character profile, which if it is your character, owns both the PC Collectors Edition and the PS4 Collectors Edition.  If it wasn't worth it once, then why buy it a second time, and the Collectors Edition both times, no less?  And you clearly haven't "Only been playing during free weekends", since you have the 90 Day Veteran Mount.

I never bought the PS4 collectors edition. I am a veteran though because i played 1.0 and maybe PS4 version was free for us? Of cause i played it when it came out, how would i know how bad it is if i was not there from the beginning?

If i had a low level character you would have said: "You never got to end game how do you know anything about it". I really don't see you making a convincing argument or any argument at all so let's just leave it at that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I never bought the PS4 collectors edition. I am a veteran though because i played 1.0 and maybe PS4 version was free for us? Of cause i played it when it came out, how would i know how bad it is if i was not there from the beginning?

If i had a low level character you would have said: "You never got to end game how do you know anything about it". I really don't see you making a convincing argument or any argument at all so let's just leave it at that.

Everyone who bought the first C.E. when it came out in 2010 got all the following C.E. bonuses after the fact.  So Snuffles didn't buy the PS4 collectors edition he just got it like a lot of other people did, by buying in early.

Dear people asking for FF14 to be FF11.  Why aren't you playing 11?

What made you not play 14 when it first launched, when it was VERY sandboxy and very similar to 11?

Why aren't you out there asking for more games like original EQ?  (As that's what FF11 emulated)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

What made you not play 14 when it first launched, when it was VERY sandboxy and very similar to 11?

Why aren't you out there asking for more games like original EQ?  (As that's what FF11 emulated)

A better question is why are they having to run this campaign and why are players so defensive to keep this game "alive".

Ironically enough Abyssea and Abyssea x10 Themepark aren't even going to have 1/2 the life of classic FFXI.

Everyone who bought the first C.E. when it came out in 2010 got all the following C.E. bonuses after the fact.  So Snuffles didn't buy the PS4 collectors edition he just got it like a lot of other people did, by buying in early.

I am playing 11 and I did play XIV 1.0.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549

A better question is why are they having to run this campaign and why are players so defensive to keep this game "alive".

Ironically enough Abyssea and Abyssea x10 Themepark aren't even going to have 1/2 the life of classic FFXI.

I bought the new expansion just to keep up to date with FFXIV as it's my time waster MMORPG between single player game releases.  However, even I'll admit it loses steam really fast and lacks the punch necessary to get players back into the game after being absent after a while.  When the first thing you are greeted by is an army of dark knights and astrologians doing fate grinding runs between camps and no idea where you are supposed to go to start the next story quest, things are not looking good.

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I see what you did there Mr Snuffles :P What a CLEVER marketing tactic!
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I played FFXIV from the 1.0 Beta, the game had a lot of problems but at least it was not as dumbed-down and easy mode as this Reborn version is.

I am still playing FFXI and i still have a lot of fun even after 12 years, i mean serious fun and excitement when i get a rare armor piece or beat one of the really hard battles because there is other armor than just one set.

I still have hope that they eventually change FFXIV and add more variety to armor and weapons and make other content than lobby dungeons.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Some people are being unjustly unfair.

They have always operated in a way to attract more players with an upcoming expansion.I feel this is the BEST way,to actually get players in game,it is far better than seeing other developers whip out multi million dollar videos that don't tell a gamer anything.

Let's just take a look around....Oh yes we see developers asking for FREE handouts,we see developers asking for full price of gaming to play their Alpha builds,unfinished work.Here we have a developer trying to lure some players back with actual FREE game time and people are trying to down play it ...sad.

Before you critique what Square is doing,take a look at all the other developers and see what they are doing.Square Enix is miles better than most developer's.When is the last time a game failed the developer stopped taking money and put millions back into fixing it?NEVER instead we get a lame dev like SOE just closing a bunch of games down or others moving to sell out with cash shop gaming.

Don't you worry,i am as critical about developer antics as anyone,i'll let you know when i think Square Enix is one of the bad guys,right now they are still one of the good guys.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

The game is shallow and poorly designed, it will always have greater and greater problems holding onto players due to the nature of the content it puts out.  This is why the game is constantly having free access time to get back all the people that have quit.

The sad fact is, ffxi as old as it is is still the better mmo of the two.  Since they have really changed very little with this expansion that's never going to change.

An mmo that is genuinly doing well doesn't need to offer freebies to get people to come back because they simply say here is the amazing game and you want it so we don't have to offer anything else.  When you're in a weak position you need to do these things because what you're offering isn't good enough to most people, ffxi never did any of the things ffxiv is being forced to do for almost all of its life.  They didn't have free months, they didn't sell the game cheap.  They didn't have to because what they were offering was more than enough of a lure.

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by scorpex-x

The game is shallow and poorly designed, it will always have greater and greater problems holding onto players due to the nature of the content it puts out.  This is why the game is constantly having free access time to get back all the people that have quit.

The sad fact is, ffxi as old as it is is still the better mmo of the two.  Since they have really changed very little with this expansion that's never going to change.

An mmo that is genuinly doing well doesn't need to offer freebies to get people to come back because they simply say here is the amazing game and you want it so we don't have to offer anything else.  When you're in a weak position you need to do these things because what you're offering isn't good enough to most people, ffxi never did any of the things ffxiv is being forced to do for almost all of its life.  They didn't have free months, they didn't sell the game cheap.  They didn't have to because what they were offering was more than enough of a lure.

We have the free weekends ONLY when a new patch or Expac drops dingus. Not all the time. Actually looking it up, since launch almost 2 years ago, we have only had 3 free weekends. This will make 4. My god you are dense. 

BTW, the free weekends are for OLD RETURNING SUBSCRIBERS ONLY, so they can see what the game has to offer without having to throw money down right away. This is a game that asks you, "Do you like what you see? Subscribe for more". EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE DOES THIS. From Wal Mart to Subway to any place. Even drug dealers give a little out for free for a taste.

You know nothing. So I leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZN1HowUV5Q

Guess thats why XI is on permanent 'Maintinence Mode' huh? Continue playing a game that has, nor ever will get new or updated content.

Source: http://massivelyop.com/2015/04/03/final-fantasy-xi-developers-explain-the-games-upcoming-maintenance-mode/

"Players of Final Fantasy XI are unlikely to be happy about the fact that the game has moved into maintenance mode for the future, with new clients and spinoff titles planned for further development. But it can be helpful to at least understand why the change happened. A translation of producer Akihiko Matsui’s answers to fan questions has been made available on the official forums, offering an in-depth explanation for the shift.

Matsui explains that the game’s original coding as a PlayStation 2 game has made development hardware increasingly difficult to procure and maintain, and as the years have gone on it has become necessary to alter the game’s operations based upon revenue. In short, developing on the obsolete console is no longer possible, and the game just doesn’t have the budget to justify a wholesale switch. The producer goes on to answer other fan questions regarding changes, including easing content restrictions and maintaining the subscription model."

=============================================

So, enjoy what little you have left. I'll be in the Dravinian Forelands having fun with my quality content and REGULAR UPDATES AND PATCHES.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

Square Enix has accomplished a few things no other MMO developer has yet to do...

1. Develop two successful, relevant sub-based MMOs

2. Recover from a disastrous MMO launch

Make no mistake, both FF14 and FF11 are MMOs of their times.  As such, it is very possible for fans of FF11 to loathe FF14 and vice versa.

I consider myself in the camp that believes that FF11 is a better MMO in spirit than FF14 ever was or will be.  However, with that said, Yoshida and his team have proven themselves exceptionally capable.  They've embraced the FF namesake and have focused their efforts on almost pure FF nostalgia. 

Considering Yoshida has shown he can take the contemporary, themepark design and deliver something as crafted and inspired as FF14, imagine what he'll do should he ever be given the chance to do another MMO - I would like to think him and his team would deliver something far greater than what FF14 or FF11 ever could have been.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Mandodo69

We have the free weekends ONLY when a new patch or Expac drops dingus. Not all the time. Actually looking it up, since launch almost 2 years ago, we have only had 3 free weekends. This will make 4. My god you are dense. 

BTW, the free weekends are for OLD RETURNING SUBSCRIBERS ONLY, so they can see what the game has to offer without having to throw money down right away. This is a game that asks you, "Do you like what you see? Subscribe for more". EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE DOES THIS. From Wal Mart to Subway to any place. Even drug dealers give a little out for free for a taste.

You know nothing. So I leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZN1HowUV5Q

That's what I said, every time they add new content they try to lure the mass of players that have quit to come back to see the new stuff because the new stuff isn't good enough in their eyes to do it.  If it was good they would not have to do that.  How does that not make sense?  If you have a strong title you don't need to offer free time because adding something to the game should be enough, or is it?

I hasten to add that Square are not a company known for good value, when they give things away for free it's because they feel they are forced into doing it.  You know how many times free access was given away on ffxi for the first 5-6 years of it's life?  never.  FFXIV has them almost every time they add anything noteworthy.

A sub for this game is cheap, if people that bought the game and know it need more of a lure to try it again after a new expansion or update then there are serious issues.  Not sure how you can't agree with that.

The thing to keep in mind with this expansion is that it needed to be amazing, it needed to bring in a lot of new players.  From what I've seen it's not doing that at all, they can't even get old players back without free time infact.   If this expansion was going to do what it needed to do there would be new servers to handle all the new players, there aren't.

As for what you said about ffxi, that's just Square being Square.  They rarely do make good decisions about anything sensible.  FFXI is still the better game of the two and always will be given what we are seeing.

That's what I said, every time they add new content they try to lure the mass of players that have quit to come back to see the new stuff because the new stuff isn't good enough in their eyes to do it.  If it was good they would not have to do that.  How does that not make sense?  If you have a strong title you don't need to offer free time because adding something to the game should be enough, or is it?

I hasten to add that Square are not a company known for good value, when they give things away for free it's because they feel they are forced into doing it.  You know how many times free access was given away on ffxi for the first 5-6 years of it's life?  never.  FFXIV has them almost every time they add anything noteworthy.

A sub for this game is cheap, if people that bought the game and know it need more of a lure to try it again after a new expansion or update then there are serious issues.  Not sure how you can't agree with that.

The thing to keep in mind with this expansion is that it needed to be amazing, it needed to bring in a lot of new players.  From what I've seen it's not doing that at all, they can't even get old players back without free time infact.   If this expansion was going to do what it needed to do there would be new servers to handle all the new players, there aren't.

As for what you said about ffxi, that's just Square being Square.  They rarely do make good decisions about anything sensible.  FFXI is still the better game of the two and always will be given what we are seeing.

What mass of players that quit? Who are these people you are talking about? You mean the already over populated areas with tons of people everywhere and shit that was in the game BEFORE Heavensward?

What the fuck are you talking about? This is the stupidest shit I ever heard of. YOU don't like the game and youre poor so you come here to whine.

Got it. Your poor and cant afford the game, sub, or expac so your here crying to death. 

Got it !!

Guess thats why EVERYBODY is playing except you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5HtF2gdpo

Superb questing and story. Better voice acting, better EVERYTHING. 

So yeah, go troll elsewhere, nobody here cares what you think.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

This thread is full of idiots with poor reading comprehension.

To clarify:

You DON'T get any free time, let alone a full month.

If you resub during the promotion you get piece of Body armor, a piece o Leg armor and a Weapon, all three of iLvL 120.

As a comparion, the white gear you can get from a starting vendor in the new city (literaly the first place you visit when you start the expac quests) are iLvL 115.

Originally posted by Elesthor

This thread is full of idiots with poor reading comprehension.

Alas....you speak the truth.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549

Guess thats why EVERYBODY is playing except you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5HtF2gdpo

Superb questing and story. Better voice acting, better EVERYTHING. 

So yeah, go troll elsewhere, nobody here cares what you think.

I mean the story is still not even close to witcher 3 level, but by god they finally shed themselves of that magic mcguffin, seventh dawn, "who is my idiot doppleganger that keeps replacing me in cutscenes", insanity we were forced to plod through in 2.0.   

• LeGrosGamerV2LeGrosGamerV2 Member Posts: 90

Played 9 months and stopped playing December 2014. Even with a free month, hell make it a free year, I won't bother installing it again.   RNG is crap,  crystal farming is crap (Can you even destroy clusters in to shards yet?),  a new player that needs to wait in queue for 12 hours to run a dungeon in order to advance is crap. Yet SE keeps releasing features after features for their current player base but leave new players trying out the game to rot.   

The reason why they often do these sorts of schemes, 1 month free, 2 weeks free, and so on is because they're losing old timers but the newbies aren't staying for more than 2 months.   The solution is so obvious but leave it to SE to screw a almost perfect MMO in to a disaster.    

SE needs to remove their heads out of each others butts and make dungeon solo for new comers so they don't get pissed off at waiting queue.  RNG, I don't remember ever  cussing and raging this much over a MMO and I've been playing them since 1993.   FF14, the awesome "LOOKING" game but destroyed with it's insane number of game breaking features / problems / mechanics / you name it.  And here I thought GW2 had issues, boy was I wrong. And speaking of GW2, it's funny how most of FF14 player base that quits, goes over to GW2 and enjoy it enough to put more than 15$ a month on the item mall, the cost of a FF14 sub fee. 

Speaking of sub fee, I don't care about paying per month, I've been doing it most of my MMO life, my only problem is when you pay 15 bucks a month and you got to wait in a stupid queue to run a dungeon in order to advance within the story line of the game, it's where you're going to have problems with your subscribers in the long, if not in the short run.  FF14's world chat speaks for itself, and cut the "Join a guild" crap, yes a guild can help, but to a certain point. It's human nature for people to do their own business instead of putting 100% of their time helping others. Some guilds have even kicked newbies out because they were too annoying with their dungeon requests.  So basically, FF14's community ain't all that to be proud of compared to WoW or LoL. 

Bottom line, even if they do release Blitzball in a year, they won't attract any new players without fixing some of the major issues they currently got going, and it's a shame, me and thousands of others have been saying this for months, until we got fed up and cancelled our registration. Anyway, some good titles heading our way late 2015 through 2016 such as LineAge Eternal,  Tree of Savior,  Lost Ark,  Star Wars Battlefront, and so on. 

This discussion has been closed.